Sign in to follow this  
Paul

A Filipina whom I know

Paul
She certainly shares the blame in the baby, but now if the guy has a change of heart, he can't even call her. It sounds like she is being a typical vindictive, wannabe martyr filipina. Certainly not someone many men would want to be with longer than the time it takes to make a baby.

To play the devil's advocate, here are some issues that any guy in this situation would think of:

a) Is it my child? She dropped her knickers easily for me, maybe she was dropping them for other guys?

B) All she wants is money from me.

c) I don't have anything to do with that b*tchy woman again.

d) She got pregnant just so I'd have to stay with her

About child support: There is nothing in US law that would compel someone to pay child support to a child born out of wedlock in the Philippines to a non-US citizen mother and I am certainly glad there isnt, especially with how corrupt the law is in the Philippines. In fact, a child can't even have a claim for citizenship unless the US citizen father puts in writing that he will support the child until the child is 18 years old.

Actually, I know a few guys here who are paying (orderd) child support to Filipinas (the foreigners and Filipinas, all, are currently in the Philippines), whom they impregnated and produced children with. I believe they are paying about Php 4,000 per month, per child.

I personally know that she tried to get him to help her only with the birthing expenses. He is much older than she (late 30's, I believe) and should have been more responsible to use birth control. (She didn't know what birth control even was, which isn't surprising to me.) But, she is, as you stated, just as responsible because she spread her legs for him.

After she informed him that she was pregnant, he began blowing her off. He kept making excuses not to see her, every time.

I told her a simple DNA test will prove, without a doubt, the baby is his. I hope she will go forward with that, but I doubt she will. She is strong willed and determined to do this on her own.

kar wren

.....I hope she will make wise decisions in the process though. It is best to think of the child's welfare as well as hers too.

Whatever she believes is good for them both. Know when to stop pursuing and move on, or keep pursuing while moving on. =)

Agnes
I'm sorry to say this, but by Filipino societal norms, she is in fact a s lut. You can argue whether that is fair to her or not, but it doesn't change how she is viewed by Filipino society.

Filipino society believes that her mistake wasn't failing to use contraceptives. Her mistake was having sex outside of marriage.

Sounds like typical roguish behavior. Some guys are just scumbags, regardless of nationality. Is your concern about going after ALL men that pump and run, or just the foreigners that do it? Nobody cares when a Filipino does this, why the sudden concern?

One of the mantras on the LinC forum is that as guests in this country we have an obligation to change our ways to adapt to and integrate with Filipino society. Well, Filipino society says that birth control and abortion are not the direction they wish to go. They choose to promote the sanctity of marriage and expect women to refrain from sex outside of marriage. What happened to the belief that we need to change ourselves to fit into society here, and not expect society to change to suit us?

Why isn't anyone asking what can we do to encourage Filipinas to refrain from sex outside of marriage and uphold the traditional values of Filipino society? Numerous people have stated on this forum that we're just foreigners. We should just go along with the flow and not try to change things. The filipino way to handle this is to track the guy down and have the Father, brothers, Uncles, etc. have a chat with the guy and show him the error of his ways. Either that or claim rape and extort the SOB for every peso he's got. Both approaches have worked for Filipinos for years and years. Why change it now?

I hope this girl's family is able to locate the guy and handle this situation the Filipino way. The guy deserves whatever he's got coming to him.

Another bit of irony is that one of the results of widespread contraceptive use is the separation of the recreational and procreational aspects of sex. When this separation was achieved in the West, the rise of the modern feminist movement came along with it. I've seen plenty of comments on this forum about the evils of feminism and how glad the men are that Filipinas have not had their minds poisoned by the Westerm feminist movement. When women are freed from the burdens of procreation and given control over their reproductive lives, it inevitably leads to a desire for equality in many other areas as well. The successful promotion of birth control will lead to Filipinas turning into the exact type of woman so many here profess to despise. It's just a matter of time. If you achieve the goal of educating Filipinas on birth control, you'll likely change them forever and they will no longer have the traditional traits we admire so much.

Very well said!I hope all foriegners who come to our country have the same point of view as yours.

Markham
About child support: There is nothing in US law that would compel someone to pay child support to a child born out of wedlock in the Philippines to a non-US citizen mother and I am certainly glad there isnt, especially with how corrupt the law is in the Philippines. In fact, a child can't even have a claim for citizenship unless the US citizen father puts in writing that he will support the child until the child is 18 years old.

Yup and there are some Americans who get citizenship for their children and then refuse to support them.

Paul

The girl this thread was originally about, gave birth to a baby girl on May 24th. I will see if I can get a photo of her baby and post it here.

Mother and baby are doing well, although the baby has pink eye at the moment.

broden
The girl this thread was originally about, gave birth to a baby girl on May 24th. I will see if I can get a photo of her baby and post it here.

Mother and baby are doing well, although the baby has pink eye at the moment.

awesome birthday

congrats to mother and child

God bless them both

Paul

This, folks, is Zoa Savannah, the baby of my friend:

gallery_1_205_59294.jpg

Isn't she a little doll? I prefer to call her Max. :D

Edited by Admin

broden

nice pic .. sweet looking little one

thanks for sharing

here's hoping for the very best for both of them

Cipro
Yes, some women from all countries and all walks of life are quite adept at deceit and drama.

Truer words and all that.

Cipro

She's beautiful. I've always wanted kids and it just never worked out, I don't understand how a man could turn his back on something so wonderful.

katja06

i felt bad for the baby... gotta have my 5th one soon in three days, couldn't imagine in that situation... no update on that dad though??

Paul
i felt bad for the baby... gotta have my 5th one soon in three days, couldn't imagine in that situation... no update on that dad though??

Nope. I only know where he lives. I thought about going to find talk with him, honestly. But, it probably wouldn't do any good.

I have to give her credit. We were sending text messages back and forth last night. Her aunt, who lives in the US, asked her about adopting Max. She wanted me to help her decide what to do about it. I told her that I couldn't make that decision. But, no one would ever love Max more than her, in my opinion. I also told her that I would support any decision she made, regarding Max. She said she would think it over and text me back.

This morning, I received a text back from her, stating, "I will keep my baby. She isn't a puppy." It made me feel great to read that. As hard as life is here, she is a strong woman, and I believe, will be a very good mother. Unfortunately, right now, she doesn't have a job and cannot breast feed. So, she has to buy milk for little Max. I made it a point to give her some money yesterday, for Max. I will happily do so again, as needed.

In fact, I am trying to get my sites to earn more money now, by offering other products for sale. I will begin taking some of the cash earned and give it to her every month, for little Max. If her father won't stand up and be a man, I am happy to help her out. She is my friend and has been for a long time.

One day, she will make a man a great wife. The guy who got her pregnant certainly missed the boat on Cathy. He doesn't deserve a girl like her anyway. In my opinion, she is leaps and bounds better than him.

Angie

gallery_1_205_59294.jpg

Isn't she a little doll? I prefer to call her Max. :D

What a beautiful angel!!! I have always wanted to have one more.

This baby's father will soon have his KARMA!!!

But, I am just curious, Paul. How long were they together before she got pregnant? Were they really sweethearts? If they were, I am sure, he must have loved her and been willing enough to face his responsibility.

Angie
The guy who got her pregnant certainly missed the boat on Cathy.

Paul, is this the Cathy you were with when you visited the house last year?

Paul
Paul, is this the Cathy you were with when you visited the house last year?

Yep. That's her.

I will send you a PM.