A Filipina whom I know

I've had at least 4 Filipinas claim they were pregnant when they weren't when they realised I wasn't all that interested in taking things much further. Newsflash : most of them want financially supporting just because you're living and breathing, have a wallet, and have had sex with them (even with a condom?!) at some point in the past. It doesn't matter whether they're pregnant or not.

This is a hot topic in many respects i am sure we can all agree . Yes , foreigners do take advantage of Filipinos but the greater reality is that Filipinos take greater advantage of Filipinos . The vast majority of Filipina women that have children minus male support have them from Filipino males . That does not mean of course that non - asians should be less responsive . On the contrary , they should be more responsive because we assume they are better educated and therefore somehow more morally responsible . Which we also know does not necessarily equate . :)

As Mr Whippy posted i to have had this experience within the Philippines . It is NOT uncommon for a Filipina to approach a foreigner she has previously had sex with to tell him that she is with child by him . Unfortunately the only way to know is by DNA testing which i am told in this country is very expensive . Isn't it ironic that the National Geographic Society for $ 100 can trace you lineage all the way to Africa or where you started from and it takes $ 1,000 i am told to determine if the baby is yours or not ? B)

In the US of course the burden would be on the person bringing the charges or the state . But this isn't the US , so the burden is on you . YOU have to prove it's not your child which if nothing else means you are out the money simply because in this country as a foreigner you are NOT innocent until proven guilty , you are guilty until you prove your innocence .

Don't mean to offend anyone but that is the reality . My first year in this country i lived in sin city , Angeles . Being a typical frustrated 50 plus american male i had many female friends /lovers . I also had 6 children . Until i produced an American medical record that stated that i was incapable of producing children . Funny how that works here . B)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• ckfm

• KennyF

• Bob Ward

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny I got a bombardment of pasaloads, phone calls, and text messages from this girl that I was seeing about this time last year, not for a long time, but long enough to go back to Leyte to see her folks and all that, that at the very time we were exchanging daily emails, phone calls and texts while I was back in the UK around mid-March, when we were talking about all sorts of trivial stuff and it sounded to me like she was quite happy, it turns out that during the exact same period, she had in actual fact discovered she was pregnant (by me, of course, even though I'd taken care always to wear a condom), gone through the trauma of deciding to have an abortion, gone through with it, and shamed herself before the entire village - all without a word to me. Only when she realised, not so long after I saw her again in November, that the relationship wasn't going to reactivate itself did she bother to tell me about any of this.

brilliant actresses aren't they.

brilliant actresses aren't they.

Yes, some women from all countries and all walks of life are quite adept at deceit and drama.

MattFromGA
In the US of course the burden would be on the person bringing the charges or the state .

this is not true. A woman can claim some guy is the father, take him to court and he has to prove he is not the father. If he doesnt show up for court, the court will DEFINITELY assign child support to the guy. There are many cases in the court houses I have reviewed and seen this very thing happen over and over again.

Just think of the case not to long ago where the woman had sex in the morning with one guy and in the afternoon had sex with that guy's twin brother. When she got pregnant, they couldnt prove which of the brothers was the father because they were identical twins. The court assigned child support to BOTH men. This clearly shows the court would prefer to punish the innocent man than to let the guilty man go free (which is opposite of what George Washington's claimed beliefs were). Of course its to save the children, right?

As far as I have seen and been told by my lawyer, it is far better to face child support issues here in the Philippines than in the US or other similar western countries.

Edited by MattFromGA

Sorry to bust some peoples balls here but in todays world, if the woman doesn't want to get pregnant or a nasty disease, don't have sex, especially not with almost any white guy who comes around and whom she hardly knows. Or use a condom.

this is not true. A woman can claim some guy is the father, take him to court and he has to prove he is not the father. If he doesnt show up for court, the court will DEFINITELY assign child support to the guy. There are many cases in the court houses I have reviewed and seen this very thing happen over and over again.

Just think of the case not to long ago where the woman had sex in the morning with one guy and in the afternoon had sex with that guy's twin brother. When she got pregnant, they couldnt prove which of the brothers was the father because they were identical twins. The court assigned child support to BOTH men. This clearly shows the court would prefer to punish the innocent man than to let the guilty man go free (which is opposite of what George Washington's claimed beliefs were). Of course its to save the children, right?

As far as I have seen and been told by my lawyer, it is far better to face child support issues here in the Philippines than in the US or other similar western countries.

All you have to do is show up to defend yourself by submitting a DNA sample, you get what you deserve if you don't show.

How would you have the court determine the "innocent" man in this case? Each one was just as guilty as the other in regards to exposing themselves to a paternity suit by engaging in unprotected sex.

There is no easy answer to the issues surrounding unwanted/unexpected pregnancies and their ramifications. First and foremost, the responsibility lies upon the person who can become pregnant as far as I'm concerned. But as we all know, sex education is a delicate matter here. So many just go on blindly taking chances and loosing out for themselves and their children in most cases.

It's just a THREAD not a tribunal . Besides , these are issues that have significant impact on Philippine culture ( thinking birth control primarily ) . As such i think the thread has value .

JMO

A THREAD is fine.... but a whole forum dedicated to the subject I think is a bit too much !

What is next ? A Forum on where and how to score marijuana ?

USMC-Retired

That is cynical to say that, such a topic does not have a right to be discussed here. Legal or illegal it needs to be opened up. Look at the surroundings. People have children because they have no option. The only option they have may lead them further into poverty.

I say this being against abortion. I do not believe it is the answer to the problem as where education is. It should be taught at a young age. Contraceptives should be supplied through programs to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If they are supplied then people need to be educated on where to get them and how to use them.

This is a country that has a serious problem with population control. That will lead it further and further into the abyss.

I use the analogy:

If the country were a pickup truck. The pickup truck was awesome when it held 3 people. Yet now the pickup truck has 10 people (equals current population growth in 35 years). The repair of the truck and condition of the truck continues to degrade. Yet the money goes to feed the people and not repair the truck. So one day the truck will no longer function if it continues.

A THREAD is fine.... but a whole forum dedicated to the subject I think is a bit too much !

Edited by USMC-Retired
The Mason
Greetings:

I posted some information over on the AWS forum, where I have been a member for some time, regarding a Filipina I know and a Canadian National who she became pregnant with. I know this girl, personally. She is no s lut.

I'm sorry to say this, but by Filipino societal norms, she is in fact a s lut. You can argue whether that is fair to her or not, but it doesn't change how she is viewed by Filipino society.

She simply made a mistake, largely in part due to her ignorance of birth control and birth control devices.

Filipino society believes that her mistake wasn't failing to use contraceptives. Her mistake was having sex outside of marriage.

All I know about him is, the guy is 42, so he damned sure knew what he was doing.

Without going into too much detail, this Filipina has attempted to make contact with the guy, but he seems to only make excuses as to why he can't meet her. However, when he wanted to nail her, he had no issue in meeting her then.

Sounds like typical roguish behavior. Some guys are just scumbags, regardless of nationality. Is your concern about going after ALL men that pump and run, or just the foreigners that do it? Nobody cares when a Filipino does this, why the sudden concern?

What can be done about this guy, for starters?

What can we do to help educate Filipinas, because they are the ones who will end up raising a baby alone, usually, while the guy goes on to impregnate yet another girl.

Input?

Thanks,

Paul

PS. Thanks to AWS for giving me the idea to start this particular forum. I hope it will help those who come here.

One of the mantras on the LinC forum is that as guests in this country we have an obligation to change our ways to adapt to and integrate with Filipino society. Well, Filipino society says that birth control and abortion are not the direction they wish to go. They choose to promote the sanctity of marriage and expect women to refrain from sex outside of marriage. What happened to the belief that we need to change ourselves to fit into society here, and not expect society to change to suit us?

Why isn't anyone asking what can we do to encourage Filipinas to refrain from sex outside of marriage and uphold the traditional values of Filipino society? Numerous people have stated on this forum that we're just foreigners. We should just go along with the flow and not try to change things. The filipino way to handle this is to track the guy down and have the Father, brothers, Uncles, etc. have a chat with the guy and show him the error of his ways. Either that or claim rape and extort the SOB for every peso he's got. Both approaches have worked for Filipinos for years and years. Why change it now?

I hope this girl's family is able to locate the guy and handle this situation the Filipino way. The guy deserves whatever he's got coming to him.

Another bit of irony is that one of the results of widespread contraceptive use is the separation of the recreational and procreational aspects of sex. When this separation was achieved in the West, the rise of the modern feminist movement came along with it. I've seen plenty of comments on this forum about the evils of feminism and how glad the men are that Filipinas have not had their minds poisoned by the Westerm feminist movement. When women are freed from the burdens of procreation and given control over their reproductive lives, it inevitably leads to a desire for equality in many other areas as well. The successful promotion of birth control will lead to Filipinas turning into the exact type of woman so many here profess to despise. It's just a matter of time. If you achieve the goal of educating Filipinas on birth control, you'll likely change them forever and they will no longer have the traditional traits we admire so much.

Sige na!

mattwilkie
I'm sorry to say this, but by Filipino societal norms, she is in fact a s lut. You can argue whether that is fair to her or not, but it doesn't change how she is viewed by Filipino society.

Filipino society believes that her mistake wasn't failing to use contraceptives. Her mistake was having sex outside of marriage.

The problem is you have to be realistic its unlikely a foreigner will sit on his hands before marriage i dont know the time scale involved but i doubt it was a quick lunch and off to the hote.

Sounds like typical roguish behavior. Some guys are just scumbags, regardless of nationality. Is your concern about going after ALL men that pump and run, or just the foreigners that do it? Nobody cares when a Filipino does this, why the sudden concern?

The problem is a westerner reflects on us.. as you stated yourself we are guests here.. do you want to regarded the same as this guy?

One of the mantras on the LinC forum is that as guests in this country we have an obligation to change our ways to adapt to and integrate with Filipino society. Well, Filipino society says that birth control and abortion are not the direction they wish to go. They choose to promote the sanctity of marriage and expect women to refrain from sex outside of marriage. What happened to the belief that we need to change ourselves to fit into society here, and not expect society to change to suit us?

Church society is pushing the anti-birth control and abortion im not getting into a debate on. But either way this is not the topic here.. in your view its all the womans fault for having sex in the first place. If you mix races you get mixed views and religions regardless. We can all view the world through rose tinted glasses.. i suppose we might aswell ask for our governments that we pay taxes to stop giving aid as these problems arent ours? The society is a worldwide one it feeds on worldwide funds. It relys on exports and overseas workers.. there is no narrow picture here.

Why isn't anyone asking what can we do to encourage Filipinas to refrain from sex outside of marriage and uphold the traditional values of Filipino society? Numerous people have stated on this forum that we're just foreigners. We should just go along with the flow and not try to change things. The filipino way to handle this is to track the guy down and have the Father, brothers, Uncles, etc. have a chat with the guy and show him the error of his ways. Either that or claim rape and extort the SOB for every peso he's got. Both approaches have worked for Filipinos for years and years. Why change it now?

Refraining from sex all comes down to education which gets back to a route argument. But its never so cut and dry. A foreigner is bagging a way out, a lottery win or whatever you want to call it. I was at a party yesterday where there was a meet up with a lot of filipino school friends the numbers dwindle each year.. why?? because people have got a foreigner or some other factor thats promoted them financially. Either way its normally wealth. Culture wise wealth is a big thing here and if its a gamble on being poor or getting rich most women would why? in most cases they have little to lose. Keeping society in the current condition and not interfering is fine but then if you are taken a women out of that same situation arent you actually exploiting filipinas knowing that a lot of it is to do with wealth?

I hope this girl's family is able to locate the guy and handle this situation the Filipino way. The guy deserves whatever he's got coming to him.

Another bit of irony is that one of the results of widespread contraceptive use is the separation of the recreational and procreational aspects of sex. When this separation was achieved in the West, the rise of the modern feminist movement came along with it. I've seen plenty of comments on this forum about the evils of feminism and how glad the men are that Filipinas have not had their minds poisoned by the Westerm feminist movement. When women are freed from the burdens of procreation and given control over their reproductive lives, it inevitably leads to a desire for equality in many other areas as well. The successful promotion of birth control will lead to Filipinas turning into the exact type of woman so many here profess to despise. It's just a matter of time. If you achieve the goal of educating Filipinas on birth control, you'll likely change them forever and they will no longer have the traditional traits we admire so much.

The problem regarding birth control who said its solely on the female? We havent even got into STDs but the truth is common sense isnt being used and we arent only talking unmarried women here its common to have a family of 6 - 10 kids yet they can hardly support 1 - 2 kids at best. Independence and freedom is something we all enjoy but it doesnt have to be at the cost of others.

smokey

Well what poor family does not pin their retirement on their children... even my wife tells her daughters all professional you have to send me part of your money every month as a sign of respect, I tell her lets just hope they don

QUOTE (Balay @ Dec 31 2008, 02:56 PM)

Sige na!

Then we will need a forum on where to score good BBQ.

tom_shor
QUOTE (Balay @ Dec 31 2008, 02:56 PM)

Then we will need a forum on where to score good BBQ.

I'm with you on that.

The whole issue is a subject, one could lose a lot of sleep over. I feel pitty for the girl but why do they all f*uck around without a condom? Of course, you can always blame the guy, but reality is that men are (scientifically proofen) in a state of losing their mind just before it comes to intercourse, so how can you blame them?