Sign in to follow this  
Paul

A Filipina whom I know

Paul

Greetings:

I posted some information over on the AWS forum, where I have been a member for some time, regarding a Filipina I know and a Canadian American National who she became pregnant with. I know this girl, personally. She is no slut. She simply made a mistake, largely in part due to her ignorance of birth control and birth control devices. All I know about him is, the guy is 42, so he damned sure knew what he was doing.

Without going into too much detail, this Filipina has attempted to make contact with the guy, but he seems to only make excuses as to why he can't meet her. However, when he wanted to nail her, he had no issue in meeting her then.

What can be done about this guy, for starters?

What can we do to help educate Filipinas, because they are the ones who will end up raising a baby alone, usually, while the guy goes on to impregnate yet another girl.

Input?

Thanks,

Paul

PS. Thanks to AWS for giving me the idea to start this particular forum. I hope it will help those who come here.

Edited by Admin

RBS

Is abortion allowed to be discussed here? It is illegal in the Philippines, whatever the circumstances, however it is one of the more common methods of "birth control" used in the country.

Bilko
Greetings:

I posted some information over on the AWS forum, where I have been a member for some time, regarding a Filipina I know and a Canadian National who she became pregnant with. I know this girl, personally. She is no ######. She simply made a mistake, largely in part due to her ignorance of birth control and birth control devices. All I know about him is, the guy is 42, so he damned sure knew what he was doing.

Without going into too much detail, this Filipina has attempted to make contact with the guy, but he seems to only make excuses as to why he can't meet her. However, when he wanted to nail her, he had no issue in meeting her then.

What can we do to help educate Filipinas, because they are the ones who will end up raising a baby alone, usually, while the guy goes on to impregnate yet another girl.

Input?

Thanks,

Paul

PS. Thanks to AWS for giving me the idea to start this particular forum. I hope it will help those who come here.

Hey Paul;

This is an unfortunate circumstance for sure, I also have a Filipina friend whom made this very same mistake, it is tough and really there is no solid way to fix this. However if the loser that got your friend pregnant, does not want to step up, and in the very least support them. Then I would contact child care services in his area. I did this for my friend and she at least has some monthly support coming in now. Basically it came across as a threat to him that you pay or else, it actually worked. Now I am not sure if you will have the same results, I really hope you do.

There are no words that can describe the sick, vomit like taste I get in my mouth when I hear crap like this. It just turns my stomach, as no one should be alone raising a child. I wish her the best and I hope that something can be done to at least help her and her child in the future.

As far as educating them on proper birth control is something we can not do on a large scale, we just do not have the resources...... We can do our part by educating our kids (when I have them) educating the children of the families we are now a part of, in hopes of preventing it happening to them. Discussions are really the only solid way we can help prevent this. Discussions like this.

Take care

Steve

Bob Ward
Is abortion allowed to be discussed here? It is illegal in the Philippines, whatever the circumstances, however it is one of the more common methods of "birth control" used in the country.

Feel free to start a thread on that subject, but get ready for fireworks. That subject sparked a mass of contention before so let's not do that on this thread please.

smokey
Greetings:

I posted some information over on the AWS forum, where I have been a member for some time, regarding a Filipina I know and a Canadian National who she became pregnant with. I know this girl, personally. She is no slut. She simply made a mistake, largely in part due to her ignorance of birth control and birth control devices. All I know about him is, the guy is 42, so he damned sure knew what he was doing.

Input?

Thanks,

well if all else fails she can go file a complaint with BI the lawyer who is in charge of investigating foreigners who over stay or break rules is a women .,,, and maybe they can either get to guy to step up with support or step out of the Philippines for ever

ckfm
Hey Paul;

This is an unfortunate circumstance for sure, I also have a Filipina friend whom made this very same mistake, it is tough and really there is no solid way to fix this. However if the loser that got your friend pregnant, does not want to step up, and in the very least support them. Then I would contact child care services in his area. I did this for my friend and she at least has some monthly support coming in now. Basically it came across as a threat to him that you pay or else, it actually worked. Now I am not sure if you will have the same results, I really hope you do.

There are no words that can describe the sick, vomit like taste I get in my mouth when I hear crap like this. It just turns my stomach, as no one should be alone raising a child. I wish her the best and I hope that something can be done to at least help her and her child in the future.

As far as educating them on proper birth control is something we can not do on a large scale, we just do not have the resources...... We can do our part by educating our kids (when I have them) educating the children of the families we are now a part of, in hopes of preventing it happening to them. Discussions are really the only solid way we can help prevent this. Discussions like this.

Take care

Steve

Why do you think that child care services would do something fro this baby? Even the Canadian consulate in Cebu doesn't recognize those babies.

RBS
well if all else fails she can go file a complaint with BI the lawyer who is in charge of investigating foreigners who over stay or break rules is a women .,,, and maybe they can either get to guy to step up with support or step out of the Philippines for ever

A vindictive approach may not necessarily be the better course of action. The guy may later decide to meet his moral (and legal?) obligation. Being treated this way could permanently alienate him from both mother and child.

Tatoosh

Oh yeah, relying on our better angels to rally to the fore. People do change and repent their misdeeds, but that seems to take decades in many cases. I'm not sure that will do the young lady in question much good, though I am sure the father of the baby will appreciate the time to ponder an appropriate response.

Balay

I understand that birth control and even abortion for some is an issue here in the Phils.

But do we really need a whole forum dedicated to the subject ?

retired
I understand that birth control and even abortion for some is an issue here in the Phils.

But do we really need a whole forum dedicated to the subject ?

It's just a THREAD not a tribunal . Besides , these are issues that have significant impact on Philippine culture ( thinking birth control primarily ) . As such i think the thread has value .

JMO

margarita17

A vindictive approach may not necessarily be the better course of action. The guy may later decide to meet his moral (and legal?) obligation. Being treated this way could permanently alienate him from both mother and child.

Depending on the circumstance, if having a baby will endanger the life of the mum, then doctors will perform 'abortion' (but I guess they will not use that term 'abortion') but I do not think that the situation mentioned calls for that...

As for the guy 'later deciding to meet his moral/legal obligation...' = LET'S ALL HOPE SO! My friend got pregnant by a guy (pilipino) who ran away from them both (even spending time with his mates instead of staying there at the baptism of the baby) and he hasnt regained his conscience even now after 4 yrs, he has no conscience to even think of the damage he has done to the mother, and to the current and future damage he is inflicting on the (psychological amongst other things) well-being of the child. He gives mere pittance to support the kid who is in kindergarten, and even scolds the mum for asking 'soo much' when he bought the kid 2 dresses for christmas...why, she didn't ask him to buy designer goods!!!

The situation is really awful in my opinion cos men like the canadian guy and even many pilipino men who runs away from their responsibilities just DO NOT THINK, period.

By the way, just for info: my friend got pregnant after they've had 'goodbye sex' when they broke up. They've been doing it I guess for a year or so, but they have been careful, imagine, just that one time and BOOM! a baby!

I do not know what the point is of pilipino politicians (or whomever) who asks to have those posters of condoms or adverts about condoms or protection removed or the church hindering the promotion of pills in this country. Yes we are catholics, but do we actually practise what we preach (cheating, corruption, "hello, garci" anyone?)? Do we just wait til the poverty of our people just hits the roof and then, what? What can we do about it? And what are they so scared about educating people about sex and protection? Do we lose our morals cos we have 'protected sex'?

Jester

These things make me soooo angry!!!! If you are a male and you want to play but do not want to be a dad, go to the vets and get fixed. It does not make you less of a man nor diminish your pleasure.

There really should be some sort of international legal orginazation to track down these lowlife rotten scumbags and make them pay!!!

mattwilkie
Greetings:

I posted some information over on the AWS forum, where I have been a member for some time, regarding a Filipina I know and a Canadian National who she became pregnant with. I know this girl, personally. She is no slut. She simply made a mistake, largely in part due to her ignorance of birth control and birth control devices. All I know about him is, the guy is 42, so he damned sure knew what he was doing.

Input?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Its this sort of thing that really bugs me, everyone is quick to blame a filipina when a foreigner has misfortune but rarely do we hear from the side of the Filipina. This is a prime example of a sex tourist (possibly) hopping between beds and leaving a mess behind. Regarding the birth control angle im trying to stay off politics but a lot if this is caused between the church and groups such as Pro-Life interefering in a country that isnt theyre own. They are pushing sex education out the door to replace it with theyre own distorted view on life. A subject that really annoys me..

Looking forward there is very little hope for anything to be done except maybe public humiliation of the guy which doesnt fix the problem. I just hope things work out and even if he hasnt got the balls to be a real father at least step up and sort out an allowance.

BHD

Both people involved are responsible, okay? It's really pathetic that the guy in question isn't owning up to his responsibility, but the woman has more to lose and should have used common sense. We don't know all the particulars.

As far as educating Filipinas, the only allowable means of "educating" (as far as the Catholic church would be concerned) would be through the preaching of abstinence, and good luck with that. It's a horrible situation, but I doubt the Canadian embassy wants to be involved with a Jerry Springer "who's the daddy?" episode. How would you "educate" Filipinas anyway? Unless they don't know how babies are made, it would be difficult. It's not about whether you're a good girl or not, it's not about education, it's about emotion, passion and the heat of the moment. There are the inevitable comments that could be made about motivations on both sides, etc, but what does it matter? Now there's going to be another child without a dad. Again. Just what this world needs.

My heart goes out to the lady, the guy is a loser if he got her knocked up and won't step up to take care of his kid.

TO ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE: WEAR A RUBBER, OKAY? IF SHE SAYS YOU DON'T HAVE TO, WEAR TWO.

mr_whippy

I've had at least 4 Filipinas claim they were pregnant when they weren't when they realised I wasn't all that interested in taking things much further. Newsflash : most of them want financially supporting just because you're living and breathing, have a wallet, and have had sex with them (even with a condom?!) at some point in the past. It doesn't matter whether they're pregnant or not.