CEB-LAX-CEB on PAL

miles-high

When was the last time an ETOPS-rated twinjet ditched? Other than the one that ended up in the Hudson River after injesting a few birds ...One or two have glided into airports.

Wouldn't 4 (four) IFSD (in-flight shutdown) of ANA787's during the last 6months make it possibly to add to that list, statistically that is? They are flying with both engines with known technical issues...

RR has admitted certain design flaws with the intermediate pressure turbine blades, asking ANA to replace them often but would take 3 years to replace the entire 100+ engines (see elsewhere in the LinC news)...

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• ex231

• SkyMan

• MikeV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife and I recently returned from a US vacation and thought others might be interested in my thoughts on the flights.     I made the reservations in early February and when it came to seat assig

On domestic flights it's not uncommon for them to have 4 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in addition to the 3 bags.   I really wish all airlines would start enforcing their carry on policy.

I would guess those operated by PAL are about 15yo, not too old for airplanes… If PAL can renovate the interior, I know it will be better (have been to LAX and HNL once on their 340  ). They are still

Wouldn't 4 (four) IFSD (in-flight shutdown) of ANA787's during the last 6months make it possibly to add to that list, statistically that is? They are flying with both engines with known technical issues...

RR has admitted certain design flaws with the intermediate pressure turbine blades, asking ANA to replace them often but would take 3 years to replace the entire 100+ engines (see elsewhere in the LinC news)...

You'll have to take that up with the FAA & EASA.

Even after BA38 had both engines (RR Trent) stop from fuel starvation and it crash landed on final approach to LHR, the 777 kept flying.  They restricted certain flight parameters to avoid the fuel icing issues until the engines were fixed.  I'm sure both agencies as well as Boeing are paying similar attention to 787 issues.

Edited by MikeV
miles-high

You'll have to take that up with the FAA & EASA.

Nothing to do with them... It is my personal choice not to fly with ANA, don't really care if anyone else fly with them...