CEB-LAX-CEB on PAL

billy

We will be taking this route with Pal (lax to cebu r/t) for the first time next month. Was wondering if anyone has taken this route in the recent past . Any information or tips to help us would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

Well its been said here alteady the only thing good about the flight is its direct cebu lax but besides that it sucks. Old planes lousy service lousy or should i say digusting food. The worst service and food ive ever had on a plane. No in flight entertainment good luck Happy Flight.

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• ex231

• SkyMan

• MikeV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife and I recently returned from a US vacation and thought others might be interested in my thoughts on the flights.     I made the reservations in early February and when it came to seat assig

On domestic flights it's not uncommon for them to have 4 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in addition to the 3 bags.   I really wish all airlines would start enforcing their carry on policy.

I would guess those operated by PAL are about 15yo, not too old for airplanes… If PAL can renovate the interior, I know it will be better (have been to LAX and HNL once on their 340  ). They are still

My wife, my daughter and I flew it. They use very old planes with antiquated entertainment systems and very little service on a very long flight. We won't fly that route again. It might be a great route IF they would put new planes that actually have some amenities on the route. I won't hold my breath, though. Oh, and the situation at LAX definitely leaves something to be desired because PAL doesn't have an assigned gate at the international terminal, so they bus you to and from the plane with absolutely no sense of order.

My brother and I purchased tablets and have downloaded movies and games on them. We will have about 5 to 6 movies saved on each, so we can just  swap them on the return trip back . We have power packs to recharge , so we have the 15 hours of entertainment covered. Do not have to rely on PAL's flight internet or entertainment features.

Will load up on several hamburgers in LAX before we leave, so if the food is that bad on PAL, we will have a little extra food to bring with us to compensate. 

We get in at approximately 4;30 am at Mactan. I checked a little , and it seems that the only other plane disembarking is a Cebu Pacific domestic flight out of Manila, which gets in approximately 45 minutes after we land. Other than that it seems no other planes  are coming in for at least 2 hours before and/or after our arrival. So getting thru immigration and picking up our checkin bags should work out. 

Going over, we have a 5 hour layover in LAX, so getting from the domestic terminal to the international should not be a big problem. We are flying United from Memphis to LAX and they do not have a baggage agreement with PAL, but we will try to beg them to assign our bags all the way thru to Cebu from Memphis. If they do not agree then we will have to lug them over ourselves. Just a good reason to drink a cold beer after we checkin with PAL. 

Edited by tim
  • 4 weeks later...
Thalcoozyo

Well its been said here alteady the only thing good about the flight is its direct cebu lax but besides that it sucks. Old planes lousy service lousy or should i say digusting food. The worst service and food ive ever had on a plane. No in flight entertainment good luck Happy Flight.

Yea, this seems to be the recurring feeling on this topic.  So does anyone have an idea on the next best alternative?  I grow weary of LAX-HKG-CEB and absolutely refuse to fly into MNL.  We need to go to CEB (not MNL).   Anyone tried LAX or SFO flying to HKG, then switch carriers to fly into CEB?  Any good combinations?   Sure, I know all about booking/flying... just interested in some recent fliers and their experiences.

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid

Yea, this seems to be the recurring feeling on this topic.  So does anyone have an idea on the next best alternative?  I grow weary of LAX-HKG-CEB and absolutely refuse to fly into MNL.  We need to go to CEB (not MNL).   Anyone tried LAX or SFO flying to HKG, then switch carriers to fly into CEB?  Any good combinations?   Sure, I know all about booking/flying... just interested in some recent fliers and their experiences.

Korean Air Lines flies from several cities in the USA to Cebu with one stop in Incheon, Korea to change planes - no carrier switch. I've never had a layover of more than 3 hours in Incheon (very nice airport), which is pretty good for international flights.

• Like 1

Korean Air Lines flies from several cities in the USA to Cebu with one stop in Incheon, Korea to change planes - no carrier switch. I've never had a layover of more than 3 hours in Incheon (very nice airport), which is pretty good for international flights.

And KAL has some smoking hot stewardesses.

EVA transiting TPE or Asiana through ICN.  I've never gone through SFO to do a TPAC, plenty of options from LAX.  Unles you're trying to fly UA metal I suppose.

Kabisay-an gid

No in flight entertainment good luck Happy Flight.

I've already got that covered. My tablet and smartphone plus my Amazon Prime gives me all the entertainment I need. I load up both beforehand with plenty of movies, classic TV episodes and songs. Beats the airline-provided entertainment every time.

• Like 1
State Trooper

If you dont care for the LAX route, you can take Cebu to SFO via Seoul. My daughter is taking that this coming Tuesday. Put her through SFO so she wouldnt have to deal with going from the International to Domestic side in LAX. She flying Asiana Air and it was $680 1 way.

• Like 1
SkyMan
I flew Spirit airlines from Kansas city to LAX and that is about as cheap of a airline as you can get.

What did you think of Spirit?  I looked at them once and was put off by the website.  For one thing, the site itself was kind of cartoony kind of reminding me of BW3s website.  Then the airfare was cheap but there were add-ons for EVERYTHING.  If I'd have flown with them I would have been living in fear I hadn't bought the right add-ons.  "Oh sir, you're wearing shoes.  If you'd have selected the footwear add-on it would have been $5 online but now we'll have to charge you $35.  Now stand over there and hold that strap. You forgot the special seating surcharge....."  So I just stuck with SW which is not as cheap but no nonsense.

One more thing on the PAL return flight.  While were out yonder at the gate waiting and waiting and waiting to board, the departure board kept changing.  "On time" to "boarding" to "last call" and finally, "departed."  I told the desk girls this and that someone with a connecting flight might see that and give up running to the gate way out in the boondocks.  They claimed it was controlled by the airport and they had nothing to do with it.  Utter BS but I could see from the "we don't know how to do that" look in their eyes that I was talking to a wall so I dropped it. 

Edited by SkyMan
AlwaysRt

What did you think of Spirit?

Yes, their website if goofy, an attempt to show they are a discount carrier. I have flown Spirit several times without an issue (Chicago-Miami-Guatemala). Often the "business class" seats are affordable and make a longer flight much more comfortable. I would fly them again if flying one of their routes. 

Headshot

I just got back from the US last night. Although I took the CEB-LAX PAL flight to the US, I took Asiana coming back yesterday. The flight was an hour late leaving Seattle, so I barely made my connection in Incheon Seoul. I suppose that if you have a long layover in Seoul, then their airport is great. It is like a giant shopping mall with gates scattered in amongst the stores. I walked literally a mile going from my departure gate, through security and to my departure gate. The whole time, I never saw a people-mover cart (which I would have appreciated had I seen one). Under normal circumstances, a nice walk between gates wouldn't bother me, but I'm still not back to 100% after my pacemaker/defibrillator implant a few weeks ago. I was all sweated up when I got on my flight to Cebu.

• Like 1

Wow been here over 11 yrs never fly out one time!!!! Did not lose anything in the US , But do wish i could get some cheap Walmart sneakers ,as pay less 13size are not very good fall apart after 8months and the shoe laces are three times as long by then. But that life,in Paradise !!!! Just keep the young girls smiling and wishing they are the one!!!!

motorboy

I really don't care at all about the food they serve on my flight. I have flown enough times by now not to risk it with any airlines food. I never board a long flight hungry, and not without a few snacks. As for inboard entertainment, I don't risk that either. I download enough movies to entertain myself, and carry enough backup power for the whole flight. I have flown PAL a few times, both internationally and locally. For the price who cares, just relax it's just a flight. Twice I had several seats available to me. The last flight I had 2 empty seats next to me. I slept most of the way home. But I always try and board long flights extremely tired if I can. Nothing better then sleeping most of the flight. No complaints about PAL in my book, your getting what your paying for.

• Like 2
Headshot

I really don't care at all about the food they serve on my flight. I have flown enough times by now not to risk it with any airlines food.

I've never really worried about the food on flights either, but yesterday Asiana served me a perfectly cooked (medium rare) tenderloin steak in economy class. I was amazed, and I told the flight attendant that it was the best in-flight meal I have ever had in my life. It was a fairly pleasant flight (how pleasant can a trans-Pacific flight really be?), and the food was amazing. And BTW, at least on this occasion, Asiana's price was lower than PAL's price (or anybody else for that matter).

And BTW, at least on this occasion, Asiana's price was lower than PAL's price (or anybody else for that matter).

I have always found PAL's prices to be higher than most on any US - PI flight. Maybe just bad timing on my part, I don't know. DGT - SFO in March was $1120 one way. Ridiculous but my wife was traveling alone and wanted non stop. (from Manila)