Two Foreign Nationals nabbed for illegal drugs

contraman

Two foreign nationals were arrested in Makati City following a drug buy-bust operation by the Philippine National Police (PNP) Anti-Illegal Drugs Group on Monday evening.

The police asset initially bought 120 tablets of blue cookie monster ecstasy from Canadian Jeremy Eaton.

The asset then bought 50 more ecstasy tablets from Australian Damian John Berg.

Recovered from Easton and Berg where 170 ecstasy tablets with a street value of P255,000 and P100,000 boodle money.

According to the police, the two suspects are connected to the drug pushers apprehended by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in connection to the Close-Up Forever Summer Concert incident.

The police added the two are part of a big syndicate of drug pushers.

"Ino-order ang mga drugs sa ibang bansa at pinapadala through courier," said Police Superintendent Enrico Rigor, chief of legal and investigation of the PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group.

"I was arrested on the lobby with no drugs on me," said Eaton.

Berg, on the other hand, denied he is involved in illegal drug trade.

"I have no purpose selling ecstasy. I have a good paying job," he said.

The suspects will be charged with violations of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.

– report from Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News.

Edited by contraman
  • Like 2
BossHog

boodle

(C19: from Dutch boedel all one's possessions, from Old Frisian bodel movable goods, inheritance; see caboodle)  

blue cookie monster

post-5791-0-12768800-1466483647_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Guilty or not they are truly fecked.  I suggest they hire the attorney who got the 2 Canadians bail on that very major drug bust .

• Like 2
oztony

Guilty or not they are truly fecked.  I suggest they hire the attorney who got the 2 Canadians bail on that very major drug bust .

Shhhhooosh , don;t give them any tips ,  I don't care how long they get locked up for , dumbasses peddling drugs in a country that has enough drug problems without their activity's as well.

• Like 7
spydoo

Shhhhooosh , don;t give them any tips ,  I don't care how long they get locked up for , dumbasses peddling drugs in a country that has enough drug problems without their activity's as well.

allegedly.

• Like 1

It is going to be interesting to see if all those fellow countrymen who agree with the death penalty for Filipinos selling drugs still feel the same way when and if it is meted to those two foreigners. As far as I am concerned it should be equal justice and punishment for all but only if they are actually guilty, this will be interesting to find out if it was a setup by someone who did not like them or if they were stupid enough to actually sell drugs.  

• Like 8
mikewright

If they ever declare wine or beer as an illegal drug, a few of us will be in deep poo. 

If they ever declare wine or beer as an illegal drug, a few of us will be in deep poo. 

Or heavily tax them. :wink:

• Like 1
Mandingo

I wish them luck because they are totally fecked right now.

I was arrested, along with two of my friends, in Venezuela in the early 80's and charged with drug related stuff. The truth is we had one joint we were smoking on the beach, which one of my friends ate, so they had zero evidence on us but at the jail they produced some pills and coke (according to our attorney, we never saw it). It took a lot of people and a lot of money to get us out of jail so I am a little skeptical when something like this happens, especially in a third-world country where police are not know for being honest. It was stupid I know but a learning lesson which I never repeated lol.

• Like 2
rainymike

Hmmm ... wonder if these guys are starting to rat one another out? Volume of drugs involved seems pretty large to have been a simple planting of drugs for a bribe in this Dutch guy's case. If this story is true, it is obvious that more of these dumb shits need to read the news (or this forum) about the incoming president.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlines/2016/05/23/1586192/dutch-drug-dealer-faces-raps-15-m-seized-ecstasy

MANILA, Philippines – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Monday filed illegal drug charges against a Dutch dealer arrested in an operation last week that yielded P15 million worth of ecstasy.

Forty-seven-year-old Martin de Fong, nabbed last Thursday, will face charges of violation of the Dangerous Drugs Act before the Makati City Prosecutor’s office. He is the alleged supplier of ecstasy in a bar in Makati City.

In an entrapment operation last Thursday, more than 5,000 tablets of blue "cookie monster" and pink-colored ecstasy pills were seized from De Fong. According to online legal drug register pillreports.net, the blue cookie monster pill shaped after the Sesame Street character, Cookie Monster, is being sourced from Holland.

During the arrest, De Fong did not show resistance and tagged fellow Dutch national, Cornelius Merkars, as an alleged major supplier of ecstasy and cocaine. He said Merkars has been missing for two months after a report that he was abducted in Angeles City, Pampanga.

Meanwhile, the NBI-Anti Illegal Drug Unit said De Fong voluntarily surrendered the remaining supply of ecstasy in his condominium residence in Bel-Air Sojo, Poblacion, Makati City.

De Fong and the seized items were presented to the media on Monday afternoon. — Rosette Adel

And here's an older resource pointing out where a lot of the ecstasy seems to be coming from (China, Philippines and the Netherlands).

https://books.google.com.ph/books?id=p8yTekr0Yx4C&pg=PT32&lpg=PT32&dq=source+of+ecstasy+in+philippines&source=bl&ots=RFXfMnXlaH&sig=PzKsgL2W7b0e_Q5iWyEuL8Cl5CE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUo6uI3LnNAhXMn5QKHZvIDJcQ6AEIRTAH#v=onepage&q=source%20of%20ecstasy%20in%20philippines&f=false

Edited by rainymike
  • Like 1
Soupeod

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-23/australian,-canadian-arrested-in-philippines-deny-wrongdoing/7535350

Australian, Canadian arrested in Philippines for allegedly selling ecstasy deny wrongdoing
Updated about 2 hours ago

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

VIDEO: Australian and Canadian men arrested in Philippines (ABC News)
RELATED STORY: Australian arrested in Philippines for allegedly selling ecstasy
MAP: Philippines
An Adelaide man arrested in the Philippines for allegedly selling ecstasy has admitted he flushed drugs down the toilet during a police raid, but says he has been framed.

Key points:

Manila police describe drugs as "blue cookie monster kind"
Both men remain in police custody, but deny allegations
Police say pair linked to network supplying drugs at a concert
Police apprehended Australian Damian Berg and Canadian Jeremy Eaton inside a building in Manila's financial district after a drug bust operation late Monday night.

"We had a buy-bust operation and caught two multinationals who are selling ecstasy, more particularly the blue cookie monster kind," Philippines National Police investigator Enrico Rigor said.

Sachets of imported ecstasy tablets, a type of amphetamine and a party drug, were recovered from the two men.

Both men have denied the allegations, but remain in police custody.

Australian and Canadian man arrested in Philippines
PHOTO: Australian man Damian John Berg and Canadian man Jeremy Eaton say they have done nothing wrong. (AAP)
"I noticed something else near the side table, so I flushed it down the toilet, down there, and then I got rid of another bag," Mr Berg said.

"I actually texted the individual and said 'what the' — sorry excuse my language — 'what the F, why are you bringing this shit here'."

Mr Berg is believed to have been living in the Philippines for several years.

Family rally in support

Mr Berg's father Geoff said the family may try to visit him at some stage, but were waiting to see how the investigation panned out.

He said his son did have legal representation, while his girlfriend was making sure he was OK while in custody.

The Berg family also issued a statement.

"What we do know is that Damian is in custody in Manila and is being treated OK," the statement said.

"It will take time before his case is heard, and until then we can't comment any more.

"As a family, we dearly love him and will be supporting him as much as we can."

Or heavily tax them. :wink:

Heavily tax booze and smokes...that will leave only the attractive females/males for many worth visit or stay.

• Like 1