Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

UK or Canada?

Scotsbloke

Here's another idea, Miley.  Fly to Edinburgh and have a city break.  Then drive or take the train to Aberdeen and stay here for a few days.  They have lovely cottages and you can learn to fly fish and/or do some deer stalking or shoot for pheasant.  A gorgeous part of the country and you'll be well fed:

http://www.glentanar.co.uk/

• Like 1

Scotsbloke

Just had a quick 5 day visit to London earlier this month, so much to see and do. You could literally spend a month in London and still not see everything.

I'm sharing the London love with you, big yin.  I get the train there about 2x a week and try and walk to appointments whenever possible...it's a lovely walking city and I love finding new routes.  London is more a series of connected villages than a planned city.

However, as a tourist destination it's predictable.  Miley and his Mrs could easily tick the 'London' box and would love it. My suggestion is that they should focus north and go 'off grid'.

Davaoeno

British winters are usually pretty mild, certainly compared to Canada

Which Canadian city are you referring to ?  Victoria ?  

Scotsbloke

Which Canadian city are you referring to ?  Victoria ?  

The cold ones.  You have heaps of those.  Based simply on arriving in Toronto when it was about 2C and waking up to to discover that Lord Kelvin got it wrong and absolute zero was not a theory but an every day reality.

Davaoeno

mosquitos Canada would come out on top.

I just came back from a month in Vancouver.I did not see a single mosquito in that month .

Scotsbloke

I just came back from a month in Vancouver.I did not see a single mosquito in that month .

Davy pitting Canadian mozzies versus Scottish midges.  You'll lose ;)

• Like 1

Davaoeno

32_2497_1_1_e67e22_250_d35401_ffffff_fffLocated in a sub-Mediterranean zone, Victoria, British Columbia enjoys the mildest climate in Canada and the driest summers. Victoria boasts an average of 2,193 hours of sunshine yearly, and an eight month frost free season. Average annual rainfall is 84 cm or 33.1 inches (compared to over 50 inches in New York). The average monthly rainfall in winter is 13.5 cm (5.3 inches) and in the summer is less than 2.5 cm (1 inch).*

Lost

We have already been to NYC, SFO, HNL, GUM, Frankfurt, Mendig (Nürburgring), Koln, Stuttgart, AMS, Belgium, Luxembourg, Antwerp, Lichtenstein, Barcelona, Andorra, Switzerland, most cities in France and Italy, Monaco, major cities in Japan…

Now wife wants to visit Canada or UK… Which first and where? Your suggestions would be appreciated…

I guess she does not need a visa to Canada (a Filipina with a US green card), so we may visit Canada first then UK during her winter recess… I know how cold the Canadian winter season is… UK? I don’t know… Thanks!!! :)

Ooooop, we also visited Sydney, Australia this year... ;)

I have two questions if you don't mind: 1. What is/was your career? 2. Would you consider adopting an immature man in his 30's (me) to accompany you on your world travels.

• Like 1

miles-high

Doesn't your wife ever just want to stay at home and relax while enjoying your company…

Yes, she does… she is a full-time student… as soon as she comes home, she opens her books, does homework while enjoying my company, we take turns to prepare dinner… from Aug to Dec, Jan to May… so we spend traveling around the world during her summer, spring and winter holidays… :D

​NB:  So far, she is an all-A student!!! :D

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 2

ckfm

Tofino, west coast of Vancouver Island has the most amazing sea wild life to offer you will not see anywhere else, and some pretty expensive lodges, hotels with spas and all what a fine couple could ever ask for.

Scotsbloke

By suggesting The UK over Canada I hope no one thinks I'm disrespecting our ice hockey-playing cousins.  OK so you have shite accents, are rubbish at football and can't play rugby for toffee but you are one of the most civilised nations on the face of God's earth.