British lawmaker critically wounded in shooting

Irenicus

Surely this couldn't have occurred in England. There are very strict gun laws in place.

LOL, you're gonna start with the gun control stuff?

OK, cool.

Although a horrific happening, the Brits should take some solace in the fact that their citizens don't have easy access to assault rifles.  Otherwise, it could have been a repeat of the recent Orlando shooting in which 50 Americans were gunned down by a wack job with a high-capacity AR-15.

Guns and politics/religion/wackos are a bad combination.

• Like 1
Paul
Although a horrific happening, the Brits should take some solace in the fact that their citizens don't have easy access to assault rifles.  Otherwise, it could have been a repeat of the recent Orlando shooting in which 50 Americans were gunned down by a wack job with a high-capacity AR-15.

Doesn't matter what vehicle a person is driving. If they hit one person walking down the road, or five - and kill them all, they are all just as dead. What solace is there to take in that? One life is worth less than multiple lives?

A woman is dead and you chose to take advantage of her death to make a political pro gun comment ???   And in the News sub-forum . 

I was saying I was shocked that it could happen. Everyone knows that, when guns are taken away from the arms of the citizens, gun crimes cannot possibly be committed.

Why didn't you mention my political pro knife comment?  

Edited by Paul
Irenicus

Doesn't matter what vehicle a person is driving. If they hit one person walking down the road, or five - and kill them all, they are all just as dead. What solace is there to take in that? One life is worth less than multiple lives?

I was saying I was shocked that it could happen. Everyone knows that, when guns are taken away from the arms of the citizens, gun crimes cannot possibly be committed. 

I have no idea what kind of equivalency you are trying to make here.  Use smaller words.

Davaoeno

My appologies for accusing you of making a blatantly obvious transparent remark.

Paul

My appologies for accusing you of making a blatantly obvious transparent remark.

Apology accepted.