CRBA in Manila, warning

shadow

SkyMan

Of course some of the LinC members take on the same attitude toward their provincial brethren, mocking them for choosing to live distant from the NCR. So much for the team spirit.

Skyman's post doesn't count...
My post was merely pointing out that there are tradeoffs to where you live.  And if you choose to live "out there" one of those tradeoffs is that it isn't easy to get to gov't services, US or RP.  To be certain, I totally agree that if they are going to require 3 business day notice a cancellation, they need to notify you at least 5 or 6 business days in advance.  But where you live only matters to you.  If you live in Manila and they only give you 2 days notice, it may still be impossible to make the appointment due to prior obligations.

I know there is a somewhat expensive appointment system for visa interviews.  Why don't they use the same for CRBAs?

• Like 1
shadow

I know there is a somewhat expensive appointment system for visa interviews.  Why don't they use the same for CRBAs?

They used to, I don't know why they thought they had to "improve" it.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

They used to, I don't know why they thought they had to "improve" it.

I would imagine it is because too many people came with incomplete or improper paperwork with the majority of appointments resulting in request for additional information anyway. It did in my case, and I consider myself rather competent at navigating government requirements. Our marriage was legitimate, our child conceived and born well within the binds of matrimony, and they still requested some insulting and idiotic documentation. 

• Like 2
Headshot

I am so glad this process is complete for me.  

When I did the CRBA it was easy showed up at the consulate in Cebu with papers, photos and everything.   Then I just waited for it to happen.   I did not need an appointment, or have to wait in any extra long line. 

People are really missing John about now.   Life was alot easier then. 

I was under the understanding that the Consular Office in Cebu is once again accepting CRBA applications. Is that not true? If it is true, then why would anybody in their right mind go to Manila when they can take care of it easily in Cebu?

• Like 2

This sounds like I am screwed or in for a world of hurt when I have to go through this process. Not only do I not live in the NCR, I'm thousands of miles away.

USMC-Retired

This sounds like I am screwed or in for a world of hurt when I have to go through this process. Not only do I not live in the NCR, I'm thousands of miles away.

Being in the US and having to make a personal appearance could be tough.  Especially if they cancel or reschedule it. 

rainymike

I don't know. Three days seems tight but doesn't seem unrealistic to me. Unless you live really out of the way. But if you do, wouldn't you be able to request a longer period of time? Most bureaucracies permit exceptions. The CRBA is a pain in the ass, but you have to go with the flow and try to make it work for you.

Being in the US and having to make a personal appearance could be tough.  Especially if they cancel or reschedule it. 

That is exactly true, my fiancée is currently living in San Carlos Pangasinan, I am living in Los Angeles, CA in the U.S. Trying to get the three of us to embassy in Manila with what is essentially less than three day notice will not only be inconvenient but expensive if even possible. Airfare is expensive when flights are booked on short notice.

Edited by Agustin
Kabisay-an gid

Not everyone has their own personal helicopter.

No helicopter required. V-hire from Borongan, Eastern Samar to Tacloban is about 3 hours. Flight from Tacloban to Manila is about 1 hour. Your client could've departed the morning after he received the notification letter, and gotten to Manila with 2 days to spare.  

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Only one parent needs to attend a CRBA interview. However both parents need to sign the passport. So I believe a notary is required if one is endorsing the application in absentia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk