LBC say they cannot ship a phone by air

rizla

Has anyone ordered a phone from Lazada and then been told 6 days later, that they cannot deliver by air to Cebu, it will have to be shipped by sea, and take around 10 days?

HeyMike

Have not ordered a phone, but ordered a mini refrigerator and was told it could not be shipped by air. I ordered it June 3rd and was told arrival by June 9th. On the 10th I spoke with LBC and they said it will now arrive by June 21st. I'll see.

I ordered a mini projector from Lazada last year and it arrived in 5 days.

rizla

A mini fridge has pressurised gas in it most likely so that makes sense. But a phone? 

shadow

I ordered a blood pressure monitor in February, and was told 3-5 days for delivery. In 5 days it arrived in Bacolod, which although technically on the same island, is a long way from Dumaguete. So long, in fact, it took it three additional weeks to then be delivered in Dumaguete. When querying to LBC, they had no record of it after arrival in Bacolod, until the day it arrived here.

• Like 2
Mikala

Has anyone ordered a phone from Lazada and then been told 6 days later, that they cannot deliver by air to Cebu, it will have to be shipped by sea, and take around 10 days?

I attempted to ship a phone via LBC to Japan about a year ago and they told me "no dice". Anything with a battery was not allowed to be shipped. I ended up taking it personally as it wasn't a big deal. Just delayed the recipient getting it by a few months.

• Administrator
Dafey

When flying by air these days you'll be asked if you are carrying lithium ion batteries. My guess is its the battery.

I'm not an expert but Lithium ion is what is in all my portable devices and I thought these were very safe...unlike Lithium Polymer, the batteries in most electronic toys like quad copters and such.

• Like 1
Mikala

I'm not an expert but Lithium ion is what is in all my portable devices and I thought these were very safe...unlike Lithium Polymer, the batteries in most electronic toys like quad copters and such.

Lithium ion batteries are extremely hazardous. I watched the battery in my iPhone virtually explode and burn like Hellfire for a few minutes before sputtering out. Luckily the battery was not in the phone in my pocket! I would have been seriously injured if that battery had done that whilst in it's usual place in my shirt pocket.

A quick search on YouTube shows some entertaining videos... :)

• Like 3
rizla

When flying by air these days you'll be asked if you are carrying lithium ion batteries. My guess is its the battery.

That was my thought, but first, why quote a delivery date when they know it has to go by sea not air, and according to the air regs that I can find, as long as the phone is shipped with the battery either disconnected from the phone and in the same box, or uncharged if not removable then it can be shipped, a new rg comes in next year limiting to 2 boxes per flight, but that;s not in force yet

Mikala

as long as the phone is shipped with the battery either disconnected from the phone and in the same box, or uncharged if not removable then it can be shipped

Every phone I've purchased has had the battery partially charged when I removed it from the box. I believe they're charged for testing at the factory.

• Administrator
Dafey

A quick search on YouTube shows some entertaining videos...

Wow!!! I'd seen the lithium polymer battery videos. Those catch fire if they get too moist or are overcharged. Then I looked at my electronics...everything I have is Lithium Ion!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has lied when asked about my batteries flying. Niow I'm concerned about flying!

HeyMike

That was my thought, but first, why quote a delivery date when they know it has to go by sea not air, and according to the air regs that I can find, as long as the phone is shipped with the battery either disconnected from the phone and in the same box, or uncharged if not removable then it can be shipped, a new rg comes in next year limiting to 2 boxes per flight, but that;s not in force yet

That's what I did not like also. Why give me a date of June 9th? Why not just say June 21st to begin with? If it comes on the 21st and it works, I will be happy and satisfied.

• Like 1
Busted Dick

Ordered an aircon unit on 28 May, delivery between 3-5 June.  Received a LBC tracking number within a few hours.  By 8 June, still no sign of it and the online LBC tracking facility gave no clue what was happening.  The online chat facility was offline but I was able to leave a message which they responded to within an hour; told me that because the goods contained high-grade lithium it had to be shipped rather than flown; new estimated delivery date by 20 June.  The aircon does not have a remote control so I am at a loss to understand where the lithium might be.  However  it was actually delivered on 11 June, 6 days later than they originally estimated but 9 days earlier than it might have been.

• Like 1
HeyMike

Ordered an aircon unit on 28 May, delivery between 3-5 June.  Received a LBC tracking number within a few hours.  By 8 June, still no sign of it and the online LBC tracking facility gave no clue what was happening.  The online chat facility was offline but I was able to leave a message which they responded to within an hour; told me that because the goods contained high-grade lithium it had to be shipped rather than flown; new estimated delivery date by 20 June.  The aircon does not have a remote control so I am at a loss to understand where the lithium might be.  However  it was actually delivered on 11 June, 6 days later than they originally estimated but 9 days earlier than it might have been.

That's not too bad timing. I hope that happens with my order.

RogerDuMond

That was my thought, but first, why quote a delivery date when they know it has to go by sea not air,

Just guessing here, but many items on Lazada are not sold by Lazada, but the shipping department is Lazada so when you purchase anything you are quoted the standard Lazada delivery time. After the order was transfered from Lazada ordering department to the seller, Lazada was probably told by the seller about the shipping condition