3 Singaporeans caught with minor

The police would have waited for your wife to return before they hauled you off to jail.

They would first asking niece about the family relationships, it usually sufficient in most cases. But if the "niece"  said she met him online or equivalent, or tells proudly that this is her new bf THEN it may be big problems.

• Like 2
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Lee

• HTM

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ain't no room in the car, once the goats are in with their seat belts on.

Roger not to break your chops but you have just made my point, you are known all over that area, you are protected all over that area, therefore you will never get dagger looks, I too never get them w

So was it a 4 way relationship ? , or were the other 2 guy's arrested for guilt by association ?

ex231

Did anyone ever mention the age of the alleged minor in this case?

I never saw that mentioned either so because of that I'm inclined to think maybe about 17 1/2. 

While my wife and I were dating her 16yo sister was often with us. Lucky I didn't go to jail I guess. All depends on the whim of the cops I guess.

• Like 1

The only one that goes places with me locally is the maid, during the 9 months that my wife is out of town.

I walk all over the eastern part of this barangay with my dog and quite often the local kids will walk along because they like to walk with the dog. The adults know me because I talk to all of them with my limited Cebuano and I have never gotten dagger looks that I can remember. Many of the adults call me kuya.   It would probably be different in the city, but I don't do cities except yearly for immigration and I do that with a driver as I won't drive in the city.

Roger not to break your chops but you have just made my point, you are known all over that area, you are protected all over that area, therefore you will never get dagger looks, I too never get them when I am anywhere in my wife's village because everyone there knows me and most call me uncle even when they are not related to me but when I am out in one of the many malls on Cebu, then not everyone knows me and therefore does not know that I have only the best of intentions. 

Now do not get me wrong, I am very happy for you but I suggest you do not bring a child on one of your visits to the city and especially not a teenage girl, without one of their familiy members to accompany them or photo id proof that you are related, or you may find out the hard way that I was correct. 

Many of us go to Mindanao including myself and say it is safe, well it was not safe for the Canadians who got his head cut off, my point being, just because something has not happened many times, does not mean that it cannot happen, when in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

I would bet money that the 3 Singaporeans felt just like some of you do but you and Tullioz saying it cannot happen did not help them.

• Like 6

In the case of the original post .. its highly likely that the 3 guys did not know that they had an under 18yr old girl with them.

And it is probable that she is a sister or cousin of one of the older girls recruited to come along to make up the numbers. Recalling from the news report , that the 21 yr old girl claimed the she ( the youger one ) was already 19.

Im aware that ignorance is not a defence , and due diligence should have been done, but here is just another example of how careful we all must be.

• Like 3
RogerDuMond

but you and Tullioz saying it cannot happen did not help them.

Getting off topic here, but please show me where I said it can't happen.

Roger not to break your chops but you have just made my point, you are known all over that area, you are protected all over that area,

I am safe in this area, but because of my own interactions with the residents and not because of protection from family as you stated.

but I suggest you do not bring a child on one of your visits to the city

I have no desire to take kids anywhere with me. There would be no benefit to taking a kid to the city when I go to immigration and I am only there to get the yearly check in done and then get the hell out of the pollution.

Elite 534 posts 222 thanks 16 topics Local time: 12:00 PM 0 warning points Gender:Male Location:Lapu Lapu. Philippines My Blood Type:I cannot donate Philippines:Current resident Posted Today, 10:04 AM In the case of the original post .. its highly likely that the 3 guys did not know that they had an under 18yr old girl with them.

I would argue that they had a strong suspicion at least...................

" one of the foreigners suddenly grabbed the minor and immediately proceeded to the bus bound for Bato via Barili."

• Like 2
ex231

" one of the foreigners suddenly grabbed the minor and immediately proceeded to the bus bound for Bato via Barili."

What's a peenoy news story without plot building and innuendos? It's sounding like a clear cut case of kidnapping now with a dose of assault mixed in. The foreigners were probably drug pushers too.  :sarcasm:

I bet they ( the foreigners ) go with my version :)

Perhaps ..

He thought they were trying to hit on her ..or voices were raised, and he thought an argument was happening

Or he thought the bus was about to leave !

You were'nt there , nor was I .. so it's all speculation.

How many times do we meet up with people and they bring their siblings or friends along, my wife and I have had that happen to us quite a few times over our 22 years of marriage, when we met up with friends of friends, or LinC and other forums members, usually at the malls, some off the top of my head, one brought a son, another brought a daughter and others brought friends who they claimed were nieces but when the conversation got to that point, they were not even related at all, just neighbors, and sometimes the wife has to go to the cr and of course the women seem to always team up leaving me alone with the kid, so a person does not have to be wrong to be in a compromising situation. 

In the op news case, what if one of the girls brought along a neighbor friend who may or may not have wanted to meet a foreigner, or was just their to be a chaperone, when meeting for the first time many ladies bring chaperones, also many women online and in person claim to be older and some even have proof/id but the id may be that of a sister or friends, lets face it, best to date ladies in their 20's and above because of this stupid law, which is good to protect locals from predators, can and probably does also catch some foreigners who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have no desire to take kids anywhere with me. There would be no benefit to taking a kid to the city when I go to immigration and I am only there to get the yearly check in done and then get the hell out of the pollution.

Why not Roger, you can give one of them a thrill, bringing one or more who has never been to the big city, to the city for a meal and letting them see what they city looks like, many years ago the wife and I did that with some nieces from the provinces of Cebu and Bukidnon and they had a great time, but knowing what I know now, I would never do it again unless they had solid photo id with them and most of our relatives and people we have met, never seen to carry id, or some do not even have id unless it is a voter card that they usually leave home and those under 18 do not even have those. 

• Like 1
Paul

Why not Roger

Ain't no room in the car, once the goats are in with their seat belts on.

• Like 9
to_dave007

I have no desire to take kids anywhere with me.

Why not Roger, you can give one of them a thrill, bringing one or more who has never been to the big city, to the city for a meal and letting them see what they city looks like

I frequently have exactly this issue, as I have two sons (age 4 and 5), plus my wife's sister and her son (age 5) live with us, and I treat her son as my own.  So when it's dad's time with the boys, sometimes it's just me and my two sons and sometimes it's me and all three boys.  Out in the province we travel frequently to the beach.. or to a pool.. or the market..  or barber..  or Jollibee in Bogo..  or McD in Toledo.  The boys love it, and I'm always proud to take them anywhere.  All three boys call me "dad".

Our biggest trip so far was an overnight trip to the city, with all three boys.  We spend half day or more at SM buying some super hero t-shirts and shoes, and driving bumper boats in the play area and having snacks in the food court.  Then we stayed at a small hotel, where both my wife and I are well known..  and watched movies..  and just generally just did the stupid stuff that 4 and 5 year old boys like to do.. while I gave them some experience with more "formal meals"...  (we attended the Cebu Expat dinner club event at Marco Polo that night -  They LOVED the ice cream buffet.. and the view from the rooftop lounge).  All part of the learning process.

I feel a need to agree with BOTH Lee and Roger.  On one hand I do not want to be overly paranoid.  The boys are my sons (and a nephew-in-law), and they deserve to get out and about, and I like taking them, and they love going.  But at the same time, I DO feel that multiple eyes are watching, and that I need to exercise at least some degree of caution.  I get noticed a LOT with the boys..  almost like we command attention..  partly because I'm a big guy..  but also because the boys are following me like three bees buzzing around me.  "hey dad look at that".  "dad can we go there"..  "dad how does that work"..  The boys aren't quiet, and people can't help noticing us.  Like the time I was with just my 5 year old at SM, and he went on escalator for first time.. ever..  and he didn't know how to get on and off.. so we went up and down a few times..  and I noticed this lady was watching..  and smiling... at the spectacle.  Got the same a week ago at the McD play area in Toledo..  partly because other parents seem amazed that I can manage all three together as well as I do.  I always seem to get smiles. 

But I can't seem to shake the "watchful eyes" feeling.  Every now and then I notice someone looking with that "what's going on here" look..  and I can't tell if they are looking at the facial features to see how "dad" shows up in the face of his sons, or if they are looking for sinister intent.

I ASSUME (for right or wrong) that if anyone ever accused me of being with the boys for sinister intent (i.e. in company of unrelated minor etc etc) that I would be able to talk my way out of it with the help of my sons, and a phone call to mum and her sis.  I don't go everywhere with documents to show the family relationships, but those documents DO exist at home, if I need them.  In the worst case, and I mean WORST case, the wife and sis might have to travel into the city with documents to rescue me..  but I think it's pretty unlikely.

I think most Pinoy I encounter are quite HAPPY to see dad out with the boys...almost like they don't see it often enough.

[as an aside, there was a story reported here at LINC from the USA where the white father of 2 or 3 mixed race black girls got reported to the police by Wal-Mart security because someone thought it looked "odd" that a white man should have young black girls in his custody, and police paid a visit to his house.. ..  so it DOES happen, even without the Pinoy laws]

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 3