3 Singaporeans caught with minor

Davaoeno

Damn Roger - lately you have been attracting more detractors than a goat farmer in the middle of free range cattle country !! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Lee

• HTM

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ain't no room in the car, once the goats are in with their seat belts on.

Roger not to break your chops but you have just made my point, you are known all over that area, you are protected all over that area, therefore you will never get dagger looks, I too never get them w

So was it a 4 way relationship ? , or were the other 2 guy's arrested for guilt by association ?

RogerDuMond

Damn Roger - lately you have been attracting more detractors than a goat farmer in the middle of free range cattle country !! 

Oh well shit happens.

• Like 3
Paul

Oh well shit happens.

I think Lieutenant Latex is getting jealous. 

Did anyone ever mention the age of the alleged minor in this case?

RogerDuMond

Did anyone ever mention the age of the alleged minor in this case?

No it is not in any article I can find.

motorboy

This really scares me. Many times my friend would ask me to drive his 14 year old daughter to places that were on my way. He is not married to her mom. We were heading to Cebu one time and she went with us, as we dropped her off at her grandmothers house so she could visit while we were there. Could I be arrested for this?

This really scares me. Many times my friend would ask me to drive his 14 year old daughter to places that were on my way. He is not married to her mom. We were heading to Cebu one time and she went with us, as we dropped her off at her grandmothers house so she could visit while we were there. Could I be arrested for this?

Only if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, many of us have innocently been in the company of underage kids and never gotten arrested but it just takes one time being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when someone makes a complaint or a LEO who knows the law and wants to make an issue of your being with that child, nails you. I know that nowadays I refuse to be alone with any relative children yet one time in the mall my wife and her niece went to the cr leaving me with the nieces child daughter and some locals gave me the evil eye a few times as if I was a pervert, something I do not wish to ever repeat. So IMHO why even chance it, but many will say "but nothing ever happened to me" well that is until it may happen to them but hopefully never will.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

I know that nowadays I refuse to be alone with any relative children

Being alone with relatives is not a problem.

I also think that there would be no problem for someone in the province where they are well known.

• Like 2

Being alone with relatives is not a problem.

I also think that there would be no problem for someone in the province where they are well known.

While I know the law protects me in this regard, you can beat the charge but that does not mean you can beat the ride to jail or the booking process and in the Philippines it can take years to get to court and lots of money, to get those charges dropped, thus my thoughts are why even take the chance. Lets put this in proper prospective, how many locals even had id's, so how is one to prove they are your relative and especially if their last name or maiden name is not the same as my wife's maiden name.  

But i'm sure the agency involved saw the 3 big fish and started dreaming of big bucks.

Nonsense!

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

that does not mean you can beat the ride to jail or the booking process

You actually think you are going to be arrested with your wife and her niece standing there?

You actually think you are going to be arrested with your wife and her niece standing there?

They were not standing there, as I wrote, they were in the CR and women can be in there for ages and especially in the malls where there is often a waiting line. I realize that I can tell the police that my wife and her niece are in the cr but what if her niece does not have id to prove the child is a relative of mine, fact is that I would then be technically in violation of the law and it would then be up to the discretion of the police officer to arrest of not, you want to take that chance then go for it, I have seen how stupid things can happen in the Philippines when we are not protected like you say you are. I guess you have never heard of innocent foreigners going to jail in the Philippines, the Norwegian in the Ellah Joy case come right to my mind, so if you have not, then maybe you need to read this and other forums more often. 

RogerDuMond

so if you have not, then maybe you need to read this and other forums more often.

Sorry, but I am not unnecessarily paranoid.

• Like 2
Tullioz

They were not standing there, as I wrote, they were in the CR and women can be in there for ages and especially in the malls where there is often a waiting line. I realize that I can tell the police that my wife and her niece are in the cr but what if her niece does not have id to prove the child is a relative of mine, fact is that I would then be technically in violation of the law and it would then be up to the discretion of the police officer to arrest of not, you want to take that chance then go for it, I have seen how stupid things can happen in the Philippines when we are not protected like you say you are. I guess you have never heard of innocent foreigners going to jail in the Philippines, the Norwegian in the Ellah Joy case come right to my mind, so if you have not, then maybe you need to read this and other forums more often. 

The police would have waited for your wife to return before they hauled you off to jail. If the stories checked out you would have been fine. You were also never in violation of the law as the girl was in fact a relative. 

• Like 3

Sorry, but I am not unnecessarily paranoid.

That coming from a man who lives a protected life, rarely goes anywhere, and when he does he is protected/surrounded by family lol. 

Roger, I am not paranoid, I think of it as cautious. I have spent most of my adult life in law enforcement, I have seen first hand how overzealous rookies make unnecessary arrests and how civilians agencies press charges that never should have been pressed. Maybe you should try coming out of your protected world and live like the rest of us and walk around with your child relatives and see if you still feel the same way when the dagger eyes of some locals are looking at you. 

The police would have waited for your wife to return before they hauled you off to jail. If the stories checked out you would have been fine. You were also never in violation of the law as the girl was in fact a relative. 

If you say so since you are the expert on just about anything.

Your word would should be should.

• Like 3
RogerDuMond
That coming from a man who lives a protected life, rarely goes anywhere, and when he does he is protected/surrounded by family lol.

The only one that goes places with me locally is the maid, during the 9 months that my wife is out of town.

Maybe you should try coming out of your protected world and live like the rest of us and walk around with your child relatives and see if you still feel the same way when the dagger eyes of some locals are looking at you.

I walk all over the eastern part of this barangay with my dog and quite often the local kids will walk along because they like to walk with the dog. The adults know me because I talk to all of them with my limited Cebuano and I have never gotten dagger looks that I can remember. Many of the adults call me kuya.

It would probably be different in the city, but I don't do cities except yearly for immigration and I do that with a driver as I won't drive in the city.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 2