gunman opens fire in attack on LGBT club in Orlando

HeyMike

Sadly, updated to 50 killed, 53 injured.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabisay-an gid

• USMC-Retired

• broden

• RAAAY

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You kum-ba-ya types can continue to think what you want, regarding these animals.   Personally, I feel they should be eradicated.

What does the word Gay in the title have do with anything.  Gay, 20 people are dead who cares about their sexual preference at this point.  The US as a nation until we are the point of saying 20 peopl

This story from last week may turn out to be related.   ISIS 'kill list' targets Palm Beach, Treasure Coast residents: Ex-FBI agent http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/isis-kill-list-targets-palm-b

Kabisay-an gid

"Mateen, 29, is a U.S. citizen of Afghani descent from Port St. Lucie, Florida, according to CBS News. He has ties to radical Islamic ideology, CBS reports. His name was confirmed by U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson at a press conference."

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-pulse-orlando-florida-shooting-gunman-attack-name-photos-facebook-motive-terrorism/

Paul

You kum-ba-ya types can continue to think what you want, regarding these animals.

Personally, I feel they should be eradicated.

• Like 7
Tullioz

regardless of what ever happened

kinda surprised isis hasn't taken credit 

This story from last week may turn out to be related.

ISIS 'kill list' targets Palm Beach, Treasure Coast residents: Ex-FBI agent
Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 4

This the deadliest mass shooting in US history, eclipsing the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech university, which left 32 dead.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-12/florida-police-confirm-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub/7503770

"Pulse nightclub shooting: At least 50 dead, 53 injured, Orlando Mayor says
Updated 21 minutes ago

At least 50 people have been killed and another 53 injured in a mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the city's mayor says.

"We have cleared the building, and it is with great sadness that I share we have not 20 but 50 casualties in addition to the shooter," Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer told a news briefing, raising the death toll from an earlier figure of 20.

Authorities have described the shooting as a "terror incident".

Key points:

Shooting took place at Pulse nightclub, a gay bar
The Mayor of Orlando says 50 people have been killed and 53 injured
The gunman was killed during a shoot-out with police
The shooter was identified as Omar S Mateen, a man that a senior FBI official said might have had leanings towards Islamic State militants, however, officials cautioned that the Islamist tie required further investigation.

The death toll given by Mr Dyer made the attack the deadliest mass shooting in US history, eclipsing the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech university, which left 32 dead.

"Do we consider this an act of terrorism? Absolutely, we are investigating this from all parties' perspective as an act of terrorism," Danny Banks, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said.

"Whether that is domestic terrorist activity or an international one, that is something we will certainly get to the bottom of."

"More likely than not it was an ideologically motivated attack," Florida Congressman Alan Grayson said.

"It might be that we've seen the commission of an awful hate crime."

Police chief John Mina said police were called to the Pulse nightclub about 2:00am on Sunday (local time) after reports of gunfire.

He said the gunman exchanged fire with a police officer before heading back into the club and taking hostages.

He said the attacker appeared to be carrying an assault-type rifle and a handgun and had "some type of device on him".

The gunman was killed during another shoot-out with authorities about three hours later during an operation to rescue the hostages, Mr Mina said.

At least one officer was injured in the gunbattle but the police action saved at least 30 lives, Mr Mina said.

It was unclear whether all the victims were killed by the gunman or if some died in the shootout with police.

Sherriff Jerry Demings described the event as a "terror incident".

"While this certainly is a tragic outcome for our community, I will reiterate that this community is resilient, and this is a time in which we all should come together," he said.

Club patrons describe terror: 'People dropped to the floor'

Clubber Ricardo Negron, who said he was inside the Pulse nightclub when the shooting began, told Sky News the gunman raked the club with bullets.

"At around 2:00am someone started shooting. People just dropped on the floor," he said.

"I guess the shooter was shooting at the ceiling because you could see all the glass from the lamps falling."

He described hearing "non-stop firing" which probably lasted less than a minute but felt like a lot longer.

"There was a brief pause in the shooting and some of us just got up and ran out the back."

A post on the club's official Facebook page uploaded during the initial stages of the shooting read: "Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running."

In a later post, the club thanked wellwishers for their "thoughts and love".

"Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event," the post read.

Police are expected to provide an update on the situation shortly.

The shooting came just over a day after a gunman shot and killed singer Christina Grimmie following a concert at the city's Plaza Live Theatre.

Grimmie's killer, who took his own life, was identified on Saturday as 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl, of St Petersburg, Florida.

Loibl was armed with two handguns, ammunition and a hunting knife, police said. His motive was unknown.

Mr Mina said there was no indication of a link between the two shootings."
Edited by RogerDuMond
added quotation marks around entire article
  • Like 2
Jester

My thoughts are they have FBI watch lists for people with ties to radical islam.   This animal appears to have been on one.

I think we should have shoot on sight lists for people with ties to radical islam.    I can't be alone.

Being that I live in a nation of idiots, guess I will have to bite my tongue and see what happens. 

You realize of course there are people in mosques preaching to recruit these people and oh well kumbaya.       Jester

• Like 2

How many of them killed because of or in the name of their religion?

Exactly.

RogerDuMond

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) says that an Intelligence breifing conveyed to him that the shooter had some ties to ISIS.

It's useless to argue with ignorance....

Bye.

• Like 1
Cipro

Exactly.

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) says that an Intelligence breifing conveyed to him that the shooter had some ties to ISIS.

Huh how about that. 

It's useless to argue with ignorance....

Says the guy who makes a factually incorrect assertion and then blames other people for not knowing what he meant to say. 

• Like 2

That is absolutely NOT what he said.

He said "someone" from the intelligence community told him the shooter had ties to ISIS........... He's a politician...!! .... in front of a microphone...!!!

Fact is. In any fluid situation such as a tragedy like this, most "information" coming out at this early stage is very often completely wrong.

RogerDuMond

Please don't get into personal attacks.

mactanfamily

ISIS made a major declaration three days ago that it was targeting Florida.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen. 

“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”

He pledged allegiance to ISIS. 

They are here. It's going to get worse. Get your carry permit folks. Use it.

If he would have walked into a Hip-Hop club he would have been taken out in seconds.
  • Like 3
USMC-Retired

I have hid many posts.  This is not in the  Outlaw forums.  There are no references to Christians or Democrats conducting mass shootings in this article. Stick to the facts as they unfold not on speculation.   If you wish to further discuss politics religion or other facts not stated I encourage you to go to the Outlaw forum Click Here.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
mactanfamily

Imam stands outside the club full of bodies and blames Americans and guns...

"We hope this would be the last of the mass shootings that our country has been going through. Um, I think as a nation we need to look at this issue of mass shootings because we just had one too many today, and I think we should do something about it to stop the mass shootings that are happening all the time."

imam-musri.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE

Edited by USMC-Retired