Cowboys lassos bike rustler

Mandingo

Oregon cowboy lassoed a suspected bike thief at Walmart in Oregon......couldn't make up something this funny :)

post-7090-0-42303400-1465678640_thumb.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/10/rancher-lassos-bike-thief-outside-oregon-walmart-cops-say.html

EAGLE POINT, Ore. –  A rancher jumped on his horse Friday morning and lassoed a man who was trying to steal a bicycle in the parking lot of a Walmart, police said.

•  
  •  
  •  
Robert Borba was at the Eagle Point store loading dog food and a camping tent into his truck when he heard a woman screaming that someone was trying to steal her bike.

The 28-year-old said he quickly got his horse, Long John, out of its trailer. He grabbed a rope, rode over to the man who was reportedly struggling with the bike gears and attempting to flee on foot.

Borba lassoed the man around the legs and when he dropped, Borba dragged him to one end of the parking lot.

“I seen this fella trying to get up to speed on a bicycle,” Borba told the Tribune. “I wasn’t going to catch him on foot. I just don’t run very fast.”

Borba said the man tried to grab a tree and get away, but he kept the rope tight and the man in place.

“I use a rope every day, that’s how I make my living,” Borba said. “If it catches cattle pretty good, it catches a bandit pretty good.”

Eagle Point police Sgt. Darin May said officers arrived and found the lassoed man and bike on the ground in the parking lot.

“We’ve never had anyone lassoed and held until we got there,” May said. “That’s a first for me.”

Police arrested Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, whom they described as a transient from the Seattle area, on a theft charge.

Arellano-Sanchez is jailed in Jackson County. Staff members at the jail say they don’t think he has an attorney.

• Like 4
lamoe

Gonna be sued  - you betcha

GwapoGuy

Those Mexican transients are born criminals (according to Trump)! :crazy:

lamoe

Those Mexican transients are born criminals (according to Trump)! :crazy:

Transients? Is that the new name for illegal aliens,  un-documented workers - which Trump is definitely against and they are criminals - how do you know he's not a citizen?

GwapoGuy

Seems like 'Transient' in this article is a seasonal worker who will travel for work i.e. an agricultural worker. He could be a citizen or have a VISA, the article does not state this fact. My comment was a bit tongue and cheek!

Cipro

Gonna be sued  - you betcha

I doubt any jury or judge in central Oregon would do more than laugh this out of the courthouse. Outside a few metro areas like Portland and a few liberal bastions like Eugene the population of Oregon is really old school. 

samatm

lassoed Bike napper better be glad he was in Oregon and not Cebu or he would be pushing up daisies.   

Other thought:   Can you imagine how embarrassed he is getting lassoed and held until the cops arrived.     Can you imagine the ribbing he will get with the homies  in the barrio?     Poor Victrino...his day didn't go as planned.