Sign in to follow this  
Derick

Sending Money to PHILIPPINES

Derick

Don't send cash in an envelope.

Muppet

Will let you guys know how i got on and explain all.

guitartechk

I just sent money to the wife using Remitly! Low fees and worked great, she picked up the cash at a BDO branch.

USMC-Retired

When sending money I go with the old reliable, may not be the cheapest or the easiest.  However Western Union is the only way to fly...

• Like 2

Skywalker

I had to send money last week, for school books.  Western Union are fast and efficient, but with the fee and their exchange rate, it isn't the cheapest.

However, for an emergency, the money arrives in seconds.  Convenient it is, but there are cheaper ways if you have the time.  The recipient doesn't have a bank account.  I also made sure she took her husband along, to collect the cash.

• Like 2

Mandingo

I just sent money to the wife using Remitly! Low fees and worked great, she picked up the cash at a BDO branch.

I have used Remitly for a few years now. Great customer service with low sending fee ($3.99) but the exchange rate is a not the best but fast and hassle free unlike Xoom and Western Union. I also like multiple place where the receiver can get the money. Remitily is a very good choice.........I sent to wrong name (to BIL who I do not like instead of to his daughter) one time and after a quick call by a Filipina Stateside it was fixed in a couple minutes which impressed me.

Edited by Mandingo

Davaoeno

I see he is in Davao .    If he wants he can send it to my bank account and pick it up from me . I have both Php and USD accounts. 

JohnSurrey

Western Union

perrya

WU is what I use all the time. I sent it directly to a back account, but have also sent it to myself to pickup and any WU office. Very easy.

questsea73

Unqualified recommendation for sending funds to Philippines from USA is Xoom.com.  Have used many times over last 3 years.  May or may not be available to you.

Ken

Athena

Most Filipinos in Uk sent remittances thru filipino banks.

PNB Europe Plc

Allied Bank

They’re both based in London which covers Europe.  If the recipient has no bank account – you can opt for person to person delivery at an extra cost.

I had personally used PNB and never had any problems except that sometime slow online service.  But their customer services are quite good at sorting any online problems.  Whichever bank you go for, for 1st time user I think it would take a week as you need to send a copy of your passports, etc .  On your second time obviously, it would be much easier and convenient.

http://www.pnb.com.ph/europe/

Good luck!

A

Derick

Done and sorted thanks guys for the help.

tonny

Is there a easy way to send dollars to the USA  ,Western  Union  say u have to send Pesos so i guess they get you going and coming

az09

Done and sorted thanks guys for the help.

So what did you end up doing?

Derick

So what did you end up doing?

Sent money to him Western Union Had to do so to someone else ID to pick up. This persons ID Passport was stolen and credit cards.

He Got to Manila as far as i know got emergency Passport i guess he sorted his credit cards also.Haven't heard from him as yet.Only daughter.

Money has been sent back to me writhen 4 days by his daughter. This was completed via a different contact media, not here.

Thanks for the help and advise.

Edited by Derick
  • Like 1