Swim lessons

b7335920

b7335920

Anyone ever taken swimming lessons in cebu?I was surprised how many locals didnt know how to swim and i am looking to learn when i return.I dont want to be the first foreigner to drown getting swim instructions from the local baker trying to make a few pesos on their day off.I am  hoping to find a real instructor

guitartechk

When i was in grade school, me and my sister were enrolled in a summer swim clinic in abellana sports complex. Worth a look, they've got a proper sized pool.

• Like 1
Barryrio

When I lived in Cebu I used the Olympic pool at Abellana every day. Now that the summer holidays are over you will have no trouble getting one of the instructors there for 1 to 1 lessons. If you go around 11am through till around 2pm you will most probably be the only one there!

SkyMan

The Montebello Hotel behind Country Mall has a couple pools including a big lap pool.  I believe the life guards there used to offer swimming lessons to members or hotel guests.

b7335920

When I lived in Cebu I used the Olympic pool at Abellana every day. Now that the summer holidays are over you will have no trouble getting one of the instructors there for 1 to 1 lessons. If you go around 11am through till around 2pm you will most probably be the only one there!

Sounds perfect and thanks!

Goetz1965

In Abellana (Cebu Sports Center) a 10 hour swimming course is 2500php - this then is a 1 on 1 training 2 weeks Monday to Friday for 10 hours.
Trainers there are quallified - just go to the office to book the course with one of them.

b7335920

In Abellana (Cebu Sports Center) a 10 hour swimming course is 2500php - this then is a 1 on 1 training 2 weeks Monday to Friday for 10 hours.

Trainers there are quallified - just go to the office to book the course with one of them.

thanks for the info!

mactanfamily

Johnny used to teach out of the sandtrap. He was really, really great. He had my kids on a swim team racing within months. All strokes.

Worth a call to see if he is still around.

• Like 1
RogerDat

Please stay out on Mactan Channel, it has parasites, and is heavenly contaminated,  and use caution on the other beaches due to E coli. GOOGLE fresh water parasites in Philippine fresh water body's.

abellana has a good trainer (limping guy) he teached my son to swim when he was 3 years old..

• Like 1
b7335920

Please stay out on Mactan Channel, it has parasites, and is heavenly contaminated,  and use caution on the other beaches due to E coli. GOOGLE fresh water parasites in Philippine fresh water body's.

I didnt know that....thanks....mostly be in a swimming pool once i learn but good to know

SkyMan

heavenly contaminated,
Holy water then?