It seems that foreigners can get justice in the Philippines courts !

SkyMan

I consider it to be justice when the system does what it is supposed to do - as they did here 

That's really what you think?  I thought it was supposed to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.  Fail.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• contraman

• RogerDuMond

• Davaoeno

• Kreole

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone should write down the attorney's number.

He looks pretty darned guilty in that picture and that's good enough for me!

Or have USD 2.5 million in cash to bargain with

oztony

He looks like a punk and a dirtbag , obviously the payoffs are what are getting him "to the letter of the law justice" ,

Real justice is probably yet still to come in the form of a bullet or a long prison sentence....JMO....

• Like 2
contraman

I consider it to be justice when the system does what it is supposed to do - as they did here 

You forgot to add :sarcasm:

RogerDuMond

Money is the ONLY arbiter of justice in this country.

as I see no Justice here at all, just the probability of very large sums of money being used to gain favor with the system. Sadly, that seems to be the state of Justice in the PH, though, isn't it?

You do realize that this is in the open forum that anybody can read and is monitored at times by government officials?

contraman

You do realize that this is in the open forum that anybody can read and is monitored at times by government officials?

If there is something here that is not true,

Then as a Moderator you should remove it,

Not comment on it :twocents:

RogerDuMond

If there is something here that is not true,

Then as a Moderator you should remove it,

Not comment on it :twocents:

For defamation in the Philippines, truth is not necessarily a defense.

contraman

For defamation in the Philippines, truth is not necessarily a defense.

Defamation would be very difficult, since the site is hosted offshore and perhaps the majority of the posters do not even live in the PI

Hell, some have never even visited the PI

But if you still believe what you just posted,  best you do you job and hide 90% of the posts on this site :idontknow:

• Like 1

If he's lucky, he'll be free enough to flee the country before Duterte takes office in 20 days.

I'm sure he is over stayed now. BOI alone should keep him tied up here until duterte is in office.

RogerDuMond

But if you still believe what you just posted, best you do you job and hide 90% of the posts on this site :idontknow:

Not me, I just let people know and if they want to denigrate the system or people in it, that is for them to decide. Where the site is hosted, makes no difference. At least that is what Paul has said in the past.

Davaoeno

That's really what you think?  I thought it was supposed to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.  Fail.

But since everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty , and since there was no evidence before the court to find him guilty , then the law protected him and set him free.  You understanding of the law seems to be that anyone you think is guilty is automatically guilty and should be punished.  Thank god for the rule of law to protect us from those who have the same attitude as you !! 

• Like 1
contraman

everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty

Not if you are a foreigner in the Philippines :idontknow:

• Like 3
Skywalker

You understanding of the law seems to be that anyone you think is guilty is automatically guilty and should be punished.

For many people that is indeed a train of thought that is actively followed.

I feel I have some recent knowledge on that score.

• Like 3
spydoo

For many people that is indeed a train of thought that is actively followed.

I feel I have some recent knowledge on that score.

Have you been wrongfully punished, as in outside the law?

SkyMan

and since there was no evidence before the court to find him guilty
There was plenty of evidence but it was thrown out do to an illegal search.  I consider the illegal search to be a minor rights violation for which the police should have their hands summarily slapped but to give the guy a pass on major drug crimes is over the top.  

You understanding of the law seems to be that anyone you think is guilty is automatically guilty and should be punished.
No, my understanding of the law is that anyone who is guilty should be punished.and not just anyone who can't pay a bribe or find some bs loophole to get off.  You think a legal loophole or an acquittal makes a person innocent.
Skywalker

Have you been wrongfully punished, as in outside the law?

Nope.  But wrongly accused.  And for some that's tantamount to guilty!   :beer2:

• Like 2