travelers insurance success stories

b7335920

Has anyone on this forum have any positive experiences with travelers insurance coverage?Maybe a company that took care of your claim with little hassle,whether it was minor(stolen items,ect)or major(evacuation,hospital,ect)If so im sure there are a lot of future travelers to the philipiines that would like to have some insurance that a few expats have knowledge and firsthand experience with

Jimone

We will be going from Australia to Cebu in July this year for a month ( 5 weeks ), we used Budget Direct. The cost was $266 AUD for two adults ( me 54, but looking much younger and wife 33, and looking every day of it ) and two kids ( 11 and 3 ) for full comprehensive insurance covering everything you can think of. So far there has been no problem with them taking the money so I can recommend them as far as being very efficient in collecting there money...  Hopefully we will not need to make any claims but will update if we do in regards to how there are paying money out... Hope you find this information helpful, but I doubt it lol,, just felt bad there was no replies yet.... lol   :bar:

• Like 2
Derick

Yes i had but had business Credit Card with my bank BANK OF Ireland i purchased my ticket with credit card and had to cancel because of medical difficulties last year.Doc letter all was settled. Business travel Air plus Hotel. 

Headshot

I would recommend Divers Alert Network (DAN). It not only has diver insurance, but also travel insurance when you're not diving. I know for a fact that they DO cover medical emergencies, even to the point of medical evacuation if you can't get adequate care where you are. They cover a lot more too. Look here... 

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/travel/

Ozepete

Yes i had but had business Credit Card with my bank BANK OF Ireland i purchased my ticket with credit card and had to cancel because of medical difficulties last year.Doc letter all was settled. Business travel Air plus Hotel. 

Like you Derick we rely on our Citibank cards travel insurance.

Haven't needed to use it yet but reckon I would have some leverage if they reneged and also it doesn't cost anything extra.

• Like 1