Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

sjp

I will keep looking...lol...

tim from Memphis

Tim,

Lee ("Mr Lee") just arrived here from Florida by way of Atlanta. He flew Korean Airlines eastbound (ie over the Pole) to Seoul. Round-trip $750.

Mark

Thanks Mark

My major problem is that I have to make the trip in June or July. So far, about the cheapest rate I have found is 1500 usd r/t. It is early and I have not heard back from Jeff Jenks yet (a ticket consolidator). In year's past he has been very creative and found us some cheap rates. Last year I came over in August and only paid about 1175 usd r/t. I flew KLA which is a good way to go. Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu. Getting that rate and route in June and July might be hard to come by. We will see.

If anyone finds anything going from Memphis TN to Cebu in June or July let me know....

Thanks

On SideStep.com July $1415, beginning of August $1291, last week in August $1041. That is Memphis to Manila taxes included

tim

I think I will get KAL from June 20 to July 11, r/t, for 1550 usd . It is direct with no more than 4-5 hours layover both ways. I know that it is not the price I want to pay, but flying from Memphis to Cebu direct with out any major lay overs will have to work for us. June and July are high seasons here in the USA. I have to be back to take my son to school each day, so I cannot travel in August as I did last year. I will pay about 300 usd more than last year. I will close on this in the next few days. The good part is that I will be back in Cebu in 2010. Yehaw...

Edited by tim

tim

I think I will get KAL from June 20 to July 11, r/t, for 1550 usd . It is direct with no more than 4-5 hours layover both ways. I know that it is not the price I want to pay, but flying from Memphis to Cebu direct with out any major lay overs will have to work for us. June and July are high seasons here in the USA. I have to be back to take my son to school each day, so I cannot travel in August as I did last year. I will pay about 300 usd more than last year. I will close on this in the next few days. The good part is that I will be back in Cebu in 2010. Yehaw...

Well we closed the deal. I went thru Jeff Jenks and ended up with KAL (trip described above) from June 27 to July 19. Will get into Cebu June 28 at midnight. We will have Danny coming to pick us up at the airport. I paid $1550.00 r/t KAL Memphis to Cebu.

Jeff was a lot of help.(wih permission from the mods) I would call him (from the USA) on tickets to the Philippines and compare prices. (800-736-6814) tell him tim from Memphis sent U...lol.. he knows me well... I felt he saved us about 200 usd each on this trip. I hit Expedia Cheapo,Apex travel, Orbitzs, etc. We found that there were two KAL Itinerary from Memphis to Cebu. The first, Memphis to Chicago to Korea to Cebu, which sold for 1550 usd. The problem was that there were 15 to 18 hour layovers each way on this route. The second itinerary, was the one we got thru jeff, Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu with no layovers. Everyone else was selling this trip for at least 1750 usd. but we got it with jeff for 1550 usd. I am happy with this itinerary. From Memphis it is not to hard on the travelor.

Hope to see some of ya'll in Cebu this summer..

tim from Memphis

tim

Has anyone purchased Tickets to Cebu...what price?...what carrier? ... route you will travel?...time frame... etc... Hope to see ya'll there this July...

Just to update.

thanks

Edited by tim

TheMatrix
im shopping for tickets also, lowest is about 1500 from JFK, this is a few months out, ill keep looking, but im sure ill be forced to buy soon if prices keep going up

Everyone should be aware that round trip tickets directly to Cebu are quite a bit more expensive than tickets to Manila. For example, JFK to MNL, the difference is about $550. Then a R/T on Cebu Pacific for about $100 and you still save over $450.

For those that hate the old hassles of changing planes in MNL, Terminal 3 is now open and that problem has mostly disappeared!

Archer, you are quite right about booking the trip only to Manila. I fly often, almost every month back and forth to the U.S, and I have found using the site www.kayak.com is the best is locating inexpensive tickets. It scans multiple airline sites and portals for the cheapest fares and also emails me daily with current prices.

However, with my frequent flights, I always lean toward flying Philippine Airlines and booking directly from their website which seems to have lower prices then most of the travel portals. I prefer to fly PAL's because I am often bumped to business class due to the frequency I fly with them. That's always a good perk. If you are going to fly often, stick with one airline so you can accumulate mileage. If you fly rarely, then definitely use Kayak.com to scope out the best prices. Also, check them against Expedia and Travelocity.

Lastly, 95% of the time, it will be much cheaper to book your trip only to Manila. Then book your trip on CebuPacific to cebu for around $30-$40.

I am a new member here, haven't posted much, but I sure know travel as my previous job was the air travel arranger for a mid-size corporation. Hope this info helps.

Cheers!

atomic

I always use a small asian travel agency here in phoenix and have never paid over $ 1000 round trip phoenix-cebu.Try checking for one in your city.

elBradford

I always use a small asian travel agency here in phoenix and have never paid over $ 1000 round trip phoenix-cebu.Try checking for one in your city.

True, I have one here in Salt Lake City that usually beats the online fares. For my upcoming trip however I got 1 round trip ticket to Cebu through Korean Air (directly) for 913 total. It was under 900 the day before but it started going up so I snagged it. I wish there were fare sales where it would drop to 500 or so, I'd visit more often. I usually use kayak.com btw, but they didn't carry the same fares as Korean Air did directly on their website. I've also used vayama.com and it had great prices too.