Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

tim

I talked to Jeff Jenks (my travel agent) here in the USA today. I leave for Cebu in 22 days....anyway, he told me that the seats on Delta/KAL trip are filling up for August / September travel. If you are planning to travel and want to check the prices it might be a good time to lock in the tickets for your trip. He is scheduling for Xmas now and said that if someone was planning to go to the philippines for xmas, they better get their tickets soon. Good luck all. Hope to meet ya'll in Cebu next month...

tim

I wanted to bump this subject:

It looks like I will get to travel from Memphis to Cebu anytime in the months of June or July (for 21 day stay of course.)So now I am starting to look for the best price and route. I have of course began researching. I want to lock in asap.

If anyone has contacts and knowledge of a good agency, consolidator, website, etc, please post.

Because June and or July is not that far off....

thanks

Tim from Memphis

kaloy

It looks like I will get to travel from Memphis to Cebu anytime in the months of June or July (for 21 day stay of course.)So now I am starting to look for the best price and route. I have of course began researching. I want to lock in asap.

If anyone has contacts and knowledge of a good agency, consolidator, website, etc, please post.

thanks

Tim from Memphis

I just bought tickets for june on Asiana airlines for 1200. per ticket round trip (omaha to cebu and back) I have never flown on Asiana but anything has got to be better than Northwest!!!

tim

thanks

Tim from Memphis

I just bought tickets for june on Asiana airlines for 1200. per ticket round trip (omaha to cebu and back) I have never flown on Asiana but anything has got to be better than Northwest!!!

Kaloy

Did U buy your tickets directly thru Asiana airlines or did U use a outside agency...if so please give phone number, etc, if U can.

Also, are U flying only on Asiana or U using another airlines (example Delta or AA etc, to get U to the Asiana leg of the trip)

Thanks

Tim...

kaloy

thanks

Tim from Memphis

Kaloy

Did U buy your tickets directly thru Asiana airlines or did U use a outside agency...if so please give phone number, etc, if U can.

Also, are U flying only on Asiana or U using another airlines (example Delta or AA etc, to get U to the Asiana leg of the trip)

Thanks

Tim...

Got them on a web site called cheap tickets. Will use united to lax then Asiana

Edited by kaloy

tim

thanks

Tim from Memphis

Kaloy

Thanks

Tim...

Got them on a web site called cheap tickets. Will use united to lax then Asiana

Thanks Kaloy

Just tried them(cheap tickets) lowest total cost from memphis to Cebu 1872.00 usd with 5 stops and a 2 day trip going over...

I will keep looking...lol...

tim from Memphis

Cary

I've found that Cheapoair gives good deals also to Asia.

JohnFromTexas

I almost always get my tickets for under $1000. Here's how:

Go to travelocity.com

Enter your dates

Choose "Flexible Dates" *extremely important*

Next screen will show you the CLASSES of tickets available priced from lowest to highest. I can almost always find one under $1000 this way (usually $850-950 including connection to the hub) to Manila. You have to book a ticket from manila separately but it's only around $25-30 for one way or $55-60 for round trip usually from manila to cebu. I recommend PAL.

The only time I haven't been able to get under $1000 was when I bought my ticket 3 weeks before Christmas and a lot of the tickets were booked up with returnee flights.

As far as when to buy, when it comes to the ticket classes it doesn't matter other than the closer you wait til your planned date the more likely all the available tickets are to have been booked. However sometimes they open up new lots of tickets. For example for my return flight that I bought 3 weeks before christmas I ended up paying almost $1200 to come here on Jan 14th. My friend bought his AFTER January 1st and paid less than $1000.

Markham

tim from Memphis

Tim,

Lee ("Mr Lee") just arrived here from Florida by way of Atlanta. He flew Korean Airlines eastbound (ie over the Pole) to Seoul. Round-trip $750.

Mark

tim

tim from Memphis

Tim,

Lee ("Mr Lee") just arrived here from Florida by way of Atlanta. He flew Korean Airlines eastbound (ie over the Pole) to Seoul. Round-trip $750.

Mark

Thanks Mark

My major problem is that I have to make the trip in June or July. So far, about the cheapest rate I have found is 1500 usd r/t. It is early and I have not heard back from Jeff Jenks yet (a ticket consolidator). In year's past he has been very creative and found us some cheap rates. Last year I came over in August and only paid about 1175 usd r/t. I flew KLA which is a good way to go. Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu. Getting that rate and route in June and July might be hard to come by. We will see.

If anyone finds anything going from Memphis TN to Cebu in June or July let me know....

Thanks

hey joe

Our family paid $4,600 for four people, roundtrip to Cebu International from Salt Lake City, Utah (leaving on the last weekend in May and stopping at Inchon International Airport in Korea). We used Korean Airlines for this trip as this was a pretty good deal which I locked up at the beginning of December, 2009. We could have probably gotten an even better deal with ASAP Ticket Services advertised on this site (I think), but it was not for sure (and I wanted to lock in a specific price on a specific date and to pick our specific seating on all of the flights to and from the Philippines). If you are not too particular about where you sit on the plane, then I would recommend that you contact ASAP. They are very customer friendly, and they called me back to answer my questions a number of times. I think that you might get a very good deal with them, and I would definitely use them if I were traveling by myself. We have also used Cathay Pacific many times in the past (going through Hong Kong International Airport), but their prices went up considerably this year so we passed on it. We have also used Philippine Airlines in the past, but we do not like to fly to Manila first because it can be a pain in the butt and just takes too long to get through customs compared to Cebu International Airport which just seems to be run much more efficiently to me. At any rate, I hope that some of what I posted here can be of some assistance to anyone planning to go the the Philippines this year. Good luck and safe travel to you! :P:thumbsup:

hey joe

Another worthwhile site to check out that we have used in the past to purchase international airline tickets at pretty reasonable prices is Best Travel Store (just Google them).

Cary

I just got a one-way ticket to Manila from Los Angeles for $480. I will be leaving Los Angeles I believe at 1:15 am Tuesday morning, arrive in Taiwan Wednesday at 6am and connect in Manila at 9:30am. I bought my ticket on Fly.com

sjp

Tom Shor

Wow that is a great price. R/T on KAL for under 800 usd. What airports are U going thru. I got my tickets two months ago for 1115 usd. I will be leaveing Memphis to Cebu in August. I go from Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu. I will be back home Sept 2, just in time for college football. I am looking fwd to the trip.

I used Jeff Jenks (if U read early pages U will find that information ). I might call him next week to see what it will cost now just to compare the prices.

Hi Tim. I use SideStep.com. I lowest i could fine for Memphis to Manila was $1415 taxes included. That was July 1 departure for 21 days

lazydays

I would think you have similar incidents in the US as we do in the UK.

Airfares are much higher in the UK July and August,due to demand,its the official schools summer holidays.

December and January are also higher fares due to the Xmas holiday demand.

Personally i always book direct with the airline,and get good deals inc all taxes and less hassle.

However,my route is pretty direct.

Edited by lazydays