Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

bikerdave
I just found a great airfare from Houston to Manila. Flying Continental to L.A. and Japan to Tokyo to Manila. Total cost $855.00!!! I think i will pull the trigger on this price!! Im sure it wont go any lower then this price.

Wow was that round trip cuz I can only find 1 way MNL Tampa and thats 704 on continental

tom_shor
Wow was that round trip cuz I can only find 1 way MNL Tampa and thats 704 on continental

Just bought a KAL ticket Phoenix to Cebu $720. I am traveling in September. I always use a travel agent myself and my tickets are usually competitive when compared with the online prices people get.

Edited by tom_shor

Rogersea
Just bought a KAL ticket Phoenix to Cebu $720. I am traveling in September. I always use a travel agent myself and my tickets are usually competitive when campared with the online prices people get.

Just curious can you provide contact info for the agent you used... I just bought my three month tickets May through Aug for 1100. Norfolk to Cebu...

Cheers

tom_shor

I can if Admin has no objections. I can PM you their number.

Edited by tom_shor

tim

Tom Shor

Wow that is a great price. R/T on KAL for under 800 usd. What airports are U going thru. I got my tickets two months ago for 1115 usd. I will be leaveing Memphis to Cebu in August. I go from Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu. I will be back home Sept 2, just in time for college football. I am looking fwd to the trip.

I used Jeff Jenks (if U read early pages U will find that information ). I might call him next week to see what it will cost now just to compare the prices.

mistaeric

Tim you bought your ticket to Phils in March for travel in August?? They tell you to buy early for best price,but not in this economy because its a buyers market now. I waited because I had a hunch the airlines had to drop their fares to fill some seats! I travel AGAIN in October and I will use a wait and see policy again.

tim

Well I am using KAL and Delta, so I decided to jump when the price dropped back in March. Delta has announced that it has changed it's policy on suitcase check in. Now you can only check in one suitcase for 50 lbs. for all international flights. So I will at least be able to bring two suitcases (check in ) with me.

I have not seen any prices posted lately, just wondering has anyone gotten any good prices from USA to Cebu ? Please post, and let us know which airlines and what your schedules will look like . Thanks...I will be there in August.

Tim from Memphis

Steve-usa
Well I am using KAL and Delta, so I decided to jump when the price dropped back in March. Delta has announced that it has changed it's policy on suitcase check in. Now you can only check in one suitcase for 50 lbs. for all international flights. So I will at least be able to bring two suitcases (check in ) with me.

I have not seen any prices posted lately, just wondering has anyone gotten any good prices from USA to Cebu ? Please post, and let us know which airlines and what your schedules will look like . Thanks...I will be there in August.

Tim from Memphis

Would you please explain how if Delta only allows one...that you can bring in two? This doesn't make sense to me. Is it that KAL allows two and therefore Delta must allow the second? Thanks.

mrpitt
Would you please explain how if Delta only allows one...that you can bring in two? This doesn't make sense to me. Is it that KAL allows two and therefore Delta must allow the second? Thanks.

That's always been the policy for me...they follow suit, as they are usually part of the "alliance"...and must follow the alliance rules on international travel. That being 2 bag per person up to 50 pounds. I have never ventured away from the "alliance"...so not certain those rules. :P

My problems have always been domestic travel within the Philippines, and where to keep the extra bag.

tim

Steve-usa

I get to take two bags because I got my tickets (in March) before Delta's new one bag checkin policy became effective. I do not know how Delta will honor KAL policy of two bags. As Mrpitt states, U might be able to skirt the Delta's new policy by buying your tickets thru KAL. I am guessing that Delta will still try to hit you up for the 50 usd for the extra checkin bag. I will have to use Delta to get use KAL and as long as KAL is cheaper and the route is shorter, then I can live with the one bag policy ...

Tim from Memphis

Edited by tim

tom_shor
Tom Shor

Wow that is a great price. R/T on KAL for under 800 usd. What airports are U going thru. I got my tickets two months ago for 1115 usd. I will be leaveing Memphis to Cebu in August. I go from Memphis to Atlanta to Korea to Cebu. I will be back home Sept 2, just in time for college football. I am looking fwd to the trip.

I used Jeff Jenks (if U read early pages U will find that information ). I might call him next week to see what it will cost now just to compare the prices.

Phoenix to LA. La to Seoul and then Seoul to Cebu.

They might drop again but then again they might not. Every time you travel someone has a lower priced ticket than you. It was a good deal so I took it.

goldote
Has anyone ever used ASAP Ticket Service?...asaptickets.com...i searched for flights to manila and came up with $777.00 dollars. THis would be for last two weeks in May....I would get tickets to cebu seperately....Any info on these people would be appreciated.

I called ASAPtickets.com today and they were friendly. Emailed me back with a price right away.

Under a thousand for NWA. But I don't want to fly them anymore. Way too much attitude.

They quoted me 1512 for a DFW to CEB on Cathay no ovenight in Hong Kong. Sounds okay but he also said to try again later when specials come out. They don't seem to have KAL tickets. I want to try them next time. I'll check out the local shops in Dallas. Anyone know of a good Dallas consolidator? Thanks.

Cipro

I'm flying PDX -> MNL for $865 in August.

mistaeric

Dang Cathy Pacific is always one of the highest fares available :huh:

PiRider

Just FYI to travelers coming from overseas, For domestic travel Via Cebu Pacific or Pal, now the baggage limit is 20KG's and p100 for every Kilo over, it can add up to way more than the actual ticket. I know that some hotels in Manila will let you store you extra bag while you travel around the country,

Bryan