Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

seattle2cebu

I got a round trip ticket for 761.00 from seattle ... im leaving March 9

take alaska to san fran and then china airlines to taiwan and then china air to manila

I just did a search for cheap flight to manila and think it was something called cheap 0 air or cheap something

I went ahead and booked business class from manila to cebu on philippines airlines..

it was 120.00 I dont know what the difference is, but thought maybe with business class I might

be able to hang out in a lounge or something in manila.. I have to hang around about 5 hours

after arriving..

$992 on American and $1052 on NWA to MNL from MEM. Hell of a lot cheaper to just get a Cebu Pacific flight to Manila.
Edited by seattle2cebu

ckfm
I got a round trip ticket for 761.00 from seattle ... im leaving March 9

I went ahead and booked business class from manila to cebu on philippines airlines..

it was 120.00 I dont know what the difference is, but thought maybe with business class I might

be able to hang out in a lounge or something in manila.. I have to hang around about 5 hours

after arriving..

Yes, you will be able to use the lounge. It is the domestic one, so it's fairly overcrowded but they still have PC with Internet and some food there.

A_Simple_Man
How bad is the raining season there?

Its not bad enough to change your plans unless you are riding a motorcycle when a hard rain starts. It can rain hard any time of the year. It seldom lasts long.

tim

Thanks Dave....

Tim

tim

Well started the ball rolling. I am hoping to get tickets for August of this year. Flying delta/kal from memphis to Cebu (r/t). Will know if confirmed by next week. I will come for 3 weeks. Will try to get back home for the college football season.

5 months to go

From Memphis

Tim

Vince Runza

The best rate I could find at kayak.com (great prices in the USA) for Aug. 6 to Aug 27 from Memphis to Cebu and back:

$1853select Multiple Airlines

MEM 2:35p

CEB 12:30p

CEB 11:30a

MEM 11:46p

(31h 55m)2

(24h 16m)3

tim

Sorry, been busy, my son is out of school on spring break, so I kinda forgot to come back to my last post. Well got my tickets R/T Memphis to Cebu. Using Delta and Korean Airlines. I paid 1115.00 usd. I will be over mid August.

Tim

Cebuned
Sorry, been busy, my son is out of school on spring break, so I kinda forgot to come back to my last post. Well got my tickets R/T Memphis to Cebu. Using Delta and Korean Airlines. I paid 1115.00 usd. I will be over mid August.

Tim

Tim,

Hope you have a nice trip. Hey, you never know, I may be in Cebu at the same time and we can meet up finaly. Thats not a bad price you paid, seeing you will be traveling from TN. I should be able to find something a little bit cheaper, seeing that we fly out of JFK and JFK offers some of the best rates when leaving from the USA. Hell, I've even seen cheaper flights from JFK than from the West Coast before. One thing for us though, we usually always end up paying the extra 1 or 2 hundred to fly directly into Cebu, rather than to pinch pennys and fly into Manila. I've experienced most routes and most airlines, and I still find it hard to beat leaving JFK.

To be honest, my best flight ever was a first for us, 6 years ago, we flew on Singapore Air, and flew the totaly opposite direction from what we had always been used to. We flew from JFK into Frankfurt, Germany. From there, direct into Singapore, which has to be the nicest airport I've ever been to, then into Davoe for just a one hour stop and then direct to Cebu. If I remember right, it added about 3 hours to the total average trip for us, compaired to going the Western route, plus about $100 more than I had to pay at the time. But I loved the flight, and Singapore Air is by far, the nicest airline I've ever dealt with.

We will soon be looking to book for either July or Aug trip. Tim, I did recieve your info on my PM, thanks. I'll be sure to look into them when the hunt begins.

Have a great trip,

Ned

Jay

I paid $1279.10 including a $70 travel agency fee. I'm leaving in late April. United from Seattle-Tacoma to LAX, Cathay Pacific from LAX to Hong King, Cathay again from Hong Kong to Cebu. The LAX-HKG leg is a nighttime flight. I have a 2 hour layover at LAX and 3 hours 25 minutes at Hong Kong, which I expect I'll need to get my long legs working again. ^_^ I shopped online at Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, etc. and their prices were comparable to what I'm paying (actually slightly higher). My return flight is Cebu-Hong Kong-LAX: the agent saved me a few dollars by omitting the LAX-Seattle leg.

tim

Jay

Not sure if U have travel with Cathy Pacific but I found them to be great. I love every trip I had taken with them. They are normally too high in price from Memphis to Cebu. I can usually find a lower ticket price with other airlines. If I did find the ticket prices fairly equal then I would select Cathy Pacific. One suggestion, from LA to HK u will be flying at night, take a few sleeping pills, it will knock U out and make the trip seem shorter. Most Doctors will prescrible them on a one time basis, just tell them U are traveling to the Philippines...lol...

Have fun

Tim from Memphis

Jay
Jay

Not sure if U have travel with Cathy Pacific but I found them to be great. I love every trip I had taken with them. They are normally too high in price from Memphis to Cebu. I can usually find a lower ticket price with other airlines. If I did find the ticket prices fairly equal then I would select Cathy Pacific. One suggestion, from LA to HK u will be flying at night, take a few sleeping pills, it will knock U out and make the trip seem shorter. Most Doctors will prescrible them on a one time basis, just tell them U are traveling to the Philippines...lol...

Have fun

Tim from Memphis

I heard Cathay Pacific is pretty good. They've been in the top three on Skytrax's list of the best airlines, based on traveler's surveys, for the last 8 years.

I find that a double scotch does the same job for me as your sleeping pills. :P Seriously, I don't want to bring any drugs of any sort with me, not even aspirin, to avoid any hassles with authorities (it's the ones here I'm concerned with). I can get anything that I need like that when I get there. Plus, I don't want to be all groggy and dopey from sleeping pills when I meet my lady at the airport.

mistaeric

I love Cath Pacific and i finally got my MARCO POLO card. But i haven't been able to use it because Cathy Pacific is usually 300 or 400 bucks higher then the best airfare. They have a great VIP lounge,but its not worth the higher fare!!!!

mistaeric

I just found a great airfare from Houston to Manila. Flying Continental to L.A. and Japan to Tokyo to Manila. Total cost $855.00!!! I think i will pull the trigger on this price!! Im sure it wont go any lower then this price.

shamgod11

Hi,

Where's a good resource for flights from LAX to Cebu in June? I never have luck with Obitz etc.

mick

Has anyone ever used ASAP Ticket Service?...asaptickets.com...i searched for flights to manila and came up with $777.00 dollars. THis would be for last two weeks in May....I would get tickets to cebu seperately....Any info on these people would be appreciated.