Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

tim

Thanks Wild Man... Just a point of interest, Only my wife will be taveling on this trip. I will be staying home with our son. I plan on taking my trip sometime in the fall(and she will stay home with our son.) Oct/Nov of 2009. I am hoping that Korean Airlines will still be a low rate. I have flown with Cathy Pacific and they are really great to deal with. The problem is the price and also the route. I have to go from Memphis to Dallas to LA to HK to Cebu. That is four airports and a lot of waiting and the possibility of miss connections.

I could go with NWA to Manila but when you figure the extra to get to Cebu (see early posts) the time and cost and hassle you have to go thru to get to Cebu from Manila is not worth the ticket saving that NWA offers, (if any.)

Next time ya'll are in Memphis give us a yell....

Good luck

Tim

samatm

Sounds like you got a great deal on your tix rt from Memphis. Great. Did they ever quote you a child tix fare if below age 11 for your son?

See ya in the fall.

cheers,

tim

No, Samatm, I never really requested information for a child. I could ask Jeff to find out, but at the time, we were busy trying to close on these tickets at this price, we did not want to side-track him in any way.

If any one has travel with KAL (Korean Air Line) from the USA to Cebu please let us know how the experience was. Anything to watch out for? Will be traveling in the econ. class so how are the seats? Services? The food? Will seats have individual screens for movies, etc, or is it just a pull down screen? Do the seats have individual power sources so she can play on her laptop?

Any information....thanks.

Tim

Tatoosh

Check the review sites out on the internet. Korean Air seems to get good, though not great reviews. Sounds like it should do okay. Probably a 2-5-2 seating arrangement. Don't know if you can get located near an aisle, but worth the effort.

retired
No, Samatm, I never really requested information for a child. I could ask Jeff to find out, but at the time, we were busy trying to close on these tickets at this price, we did not want to side-track him in any way.

If any one has travel with KAL (Korean Air Line) from the USA to Cebu please let us know how the experience was. Anything to watch out for? Will be traveling in the econ. class so how are the seats? Services? The food? Will seats have individual screens for movies, etc, or is it just a pull down screen? Do the seats have individual power sources so she can play on her laptop?

Tim

Last time i flew Korean it was Seoul - Manila , not Cebu . But the food was good , the service good and they were flying the latest aircraft so the entertainment was the individual seat thing . Koreans are not as friendly as i find Cathay or Asiana but very little difference really .

retired

I do not discount any of the advice on this thread regarding air travel since i have not flown since late 2005 and don't keep up with pricing . I just wish to share my experience with acquiring lowest fares from the states to the Philippines . I used to spend a lot of time searching for lowest air fares due to limited budget and one thing i always came back to was Consolidators .

I am familiar with all of the major internet travel sites but in the end i could never beat the pricing of a LEGITIMATE Consolidator . You can find them in the Sunday editions of the NY Times , SF Chronicle , etc . They are much harder to find on -line , for a reason . :-) You have to check them out because there are some that are not reliable but the info is out there . Think " backpacker " , college students who are looking for lowest fares . Lonely Planet guidebooks site is an excellent source for this type of info .

Research as far ahead as you can and check out the various carrier web sites in regards to aircraft flown , seating arrangements , etc . Then tell the consolidator EXACTLY what you want . They can book it if not on to short a notice .

I f anyone is interested they can pm me and i will give them my SF contact . They bailed me out more than once . Read , they can be extremely creative including savings on the rt issue when traveling to the Philippines ( or any other country for that matter ) . :-)

I know this system still works because we had a visitor a few months ago that followed up on this and paid 40% less than any other site he could find , including BT Store and all the rest . Not gloating but if i could figure out a similar system in Las Vegas i could travel more often . :-)

retired

Tim

I apologize in advance if this post is already out there floating around in the Philippine ethers somewhere . B)

I posted it once but in the process lost my signal so am not sure if it got there . Such is the internet service in Cagayan De Oro . B)

Korean Air fly's the latest aircraft so yes you have the seat entertainment options , including laptop hookup . My experience with them has always been the food is good as well as the service , Being Koreans the ladies don't smile as much nor are they prone to conservation as some of the other asian carriers . But trust me , compared to middle aged us flight attendants who have senority and " attitude " you will be fine .

They say the Philippines is the land of smiles but i haven't flown then since my first trip in 96 ? But that would be another thread . :cool_01:

tim

Retired...just a note about las vegas...and korean airlines....KAL has a special going right now from Las Vegas to Manila but the price is still high as you can beat it using a consoladator (as we both know)..

Also, thanks for the review on KAL I did check with the airlines web page and flying from Atl to Seoul KAL was using a 747 and flying from Seoul to Cebu they were using a 737 both look new....so hoping the all of the little perks will be available. The seat has 31 degree pitch so I think it is pretty standard for Econ class ticket. Besides my wife is small and this will make it a little better for her, for me with my lard ass..... it is always hard after the 1st 8 - 9 hours....lol...

Thanks

Tim

retired
Retired...just a note about las vegas...and korean airlines....KAL has a special going right now from Las Vegas to Manila but the price is still high as you can beat it using a consoladator (as we both know)..

Also, thanks for the review on KAL I did check with the airlines web page and flying from Atl to Seoul KAL was using a 747 and flying from Seoul to Cebu they were using a 737 both look new....so hoping the all of the little perks will be available. The seat has 31 degree pitch so I think it is pretty standard for Econ class ticket. Besides my wife is small and this will make it a little better for her, for me with my lard ass..... it is always hard after the 1st 8 - 9 hours....lol...

Thanks

Tim

Hey Tim , the great thing about that flight is you break the trip flight time . The biggest benefit may be in knowing that your damn legs still work . :)

XR600SM

Tim

I just did the ATL/Seoul/CEB route......no problems! I like Korean Air much better than NWA. A lot easier arriving in Cebu vs Manila as well. The food is not bad, the flight attendants are professional, and in-seat entertainment is available. I used the 4 hour layover in Seoul for a much needed nap. There is free wifi in the airport as well to pass the time.

tim

Well got my wife some good tickets and she is on her way over tomorrow. Now, two of her friends are trying to go over next month. So I told them I would search for some more good deals if possible.

Any news on good deals from USA (South east ) to Cebu r/t for April ?

Thanks

Tim from Memphis

Bob Ward
Well got my wife some good tickets and she is on her way over tomorrow. Now, two of her friends are trying to go over next month. So I told them I would search for some more good deals if possible.

Any news on good deals from USA (South east ) to Cebu r/t for April ?

Thanks

Tim from Memphis

$992 on American and $1052 on NWA to MNL from MEM. Hell of a lot cheaper to just get a Cebu Pacific flight to Manila.

On-in-2
$992 on American and $1052 on NWA to MNL from MEM. Hell of a lot cheaper to just get a Cebu Pacific flight to Manila.

My flight departs Boston on March 22, stops in JFK for 2 hours, Hong Kong for 2 hours, lands in Cebu on March23...no Manila...couldn't possibly be more convenient....total of $1280 round trip.

Cathay Pacific all the way, except the Bos-JFK legs, which are Jet Blue.

I love Cathay Pacific!

Bob Ward
My flight departs Boston on March 22, stops in JFK for 2 hours, Hong Kong for 2 hours, lands in Cebu on March23...no Manila...couldn't possibly be more convenient....total of $1280 round trip.

Cathay Pacific all the way, except the Bos-JFK legs, which are Jet Blue.

I love Cathay Pacific!

JFK has some of the best round trip prices of all the major hubs.

tim

Got a question for the people living or knowledgeable of living in Cebu in August. We have a chance to buy tickets now for August 2009 at a good price.

How is August in Cebu ? I heard that it is the raining season. How bad is the raining season there? Would you postpone your trip till October 2009 due to it (note: if we do postpone till October, then we do not know what the future holds for the ticket prices ?) October is suppose to be the end of the raining season and also the beginning of the low travel season. So tickets might be lower than today, or might not. Also, will hotel room rates go down in August due to the bad weather?

Is the August raining season in Cebu bad enought to postpone a trip?

Thanks

tim

PS: ANY information on the raining season in Cebu would help.