Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

Markham
Cebu Air, 1st 15 kilos checked baggage free.

You should check that as Cebu Pacific now charge additional for all checked-in bag - I believe you can prepay the baggage charges (weight-based) on their website.

Mark

motorcarrier
Korean Airlines is gettting very popular with the Filipino community in DFW... as they have a DFW - Seoul - Cebu flight which is cheap and direct.

has anyone flown this flight? i would like to hear your feedback.

cheers.

I booked with Asiana, another Korean carrier that also flies direct from Seoul to Cebu. It seems the prices and schedules are very similar to KAL but with the added bonus of the safety rating. They've never had an accident.

The airport at Seoul has been rated as the top airport in the world for the past few years and they offer an unusual promotion - they have a free city tour by bus if you have any kind of layover at all. How many countries will allow a transit passenger to leave the terminal and enter the country without clearing customs?

tim

Thanks Samatm

Have sent a email to Ying su requesting price infomation.

I have had contact with Apex but I think I can find better prices but will probably contact them again after xmas.

Will report on any prices when I find them.

Thanks

and have your self a merry little xmas now.......

Tim

twostrokes

It's been a few years, but I have used Apex, at the time, they were the cheapest I could find after a lot of research..but, like I said, that was a few years ago. That is assuming we are talking about the same place. They are in Houston, the one I used.

Jim

bouncing55

just checking on orbitz , for april flight, i just seen it and booked a few minutes ago, $1,200. from jfk, and get this , only one stop , im happy

Tatoosh

One stop, but where is the stop at? The best prices on tickets when I was looking awhile back were from Korean Air, but they flew you to Korea, then to the Philippines. That adds another 4 hours or so to a very long flight to start with. So as long as your stop is somewhere reasonable, it sounds good. But if you are going Singapore or Korea or something like that, then not so good.

bouncing55

its in korea and the layover sucks, but for me its ok

Tatoosh

You know, I may be full of it on this one. I got to looking at the map and I was basing my estimate of flight times on a friends comments. But when I started checking flight costs and so forth online, the Korea hook-up looks pretty good. I was figuring flight time based on leaving the West Coast (Seatac) and flying to Manila (not Cebu) just so I could get a fair amount of flights to look at. The travel time was better for the Korea Air version than my trip on Cathay Pacific or very similar. I got whacked with a long lay over in Hong Kong due to late arrival. So it looks pretty much a push once I really started checking the details.

Steve

I just checked air gorilla. The round trip price from Pittsburgh to Manila is $985 including taxes. I also get decent rates from Vayama. I used them earlier this year. I just purchase the tickets from Manila to Cebu separately, it's often cheaper.

samatm
I have several prices around 1500 usd R/T to Cebu from Memphis. Have not gotten anything finalized as of yet. Had one for 1300 with Cathy Pacific but it fell thru at the last minute when the consoladator began adding to the price. I cancel.

We are looking at NWA - C CP and KA.

Wow Tim I would say 1500 rt from Memphis is excellent. thats $750 per leg... Make sure thats after all Taxes and Fees.....

We just got thru flying here in the busy season.. December 15th .. and the best rate we got... was 1200.00 One way! so enjoy!

Also We worked with Paula with Apex ..yes the Apex in Houston. She is great but we had to turn in a lot of paperwork to buy a one way tix with a credit card which was a bit of a hassle.. Ying Su at Arrow was always a little cheaper but on this day .. she couldnt find the tix we needed in a rush.

Good luck..

Scott

samatm
You know, I may be full of it on this one. I got to looking at the map and I was basing my estimate of flight times on a friends comments. But when I started checking flight costs and so forth online, the Korea hook-up looks pretty good. I was figuring flight time based on leaving the West Coast (Seatac) and flying to Manila (not Cebu) just so I could get a fair amount of flights to look at. The travel time was better for the Korea Air version than my trip on Cathay Pacific or very similar. I got whacked with a long lay over in Hong Kong due to late arrival. So it looks pretty much a push once I really started checking the details.

Flying from the west coast means taking the polar route meaning Japan and Korea are not far off the flight path to Cebu.... Now going to Singapore is going to add a lot of time to the flight.

tim

SAMATM or any body else....

Can ya'll supply the 1 800 # for Arrow (Ying Su) my emails keep coming back as nondeliverable)

I have the Apex number, but it might help others if that number was given also....

I will keep trying to find a good price and when we find one I will post it.

Thanks...

Tim

PS

APEX __ 1 800 203-0660

Edited by tim

samatm

Hey Tim,

Here's the number

and email for Ying Su...

[email protected]

A TTTTT A ARROW TRAVEL AGENCY

A A T A A 1144 N PLANO RD STE 107

A A T A A RICHARDSON TX 75081

A A T A A FONE 972-699-9996

FAX 972-231-6692

They are a Taiwanese outfit in the dallas area. and also put together freight for Leader International.

best

tim

Thanks SAMATM (that is the email I used for ying-su but all of my emails were returned..)

Well I got my ticket . We went with Jeff Jenks - Travel is Fun. Some might recognize the name he is on a lot of the philippines forums.

Anyway we got R/T leaving March 2, 2009 with Korean Air Lines from Memphis to Cebu for $ 1190.73.

It will go from Memphis to Atlanta to Seoul Korea to Cebu. Same flight coming back. There does not appear to be any delays and all of the connections and times appear good. We will only will be using 2 airlines, Delta to Altanta and back the rest will be on Korean Air. That should help keeping it simple. We are only going thur 3 airports too.

Should have out tickets by tonight.

If the moderators do not mind here is Jeff's phone number for any one who want to compare prices....

1 800 - 736-6814

As I said we are real happy with the ticket price.

Good luck and thanks to all

Tim from Memphis

wildman01

Well i think NWA is cheaper, but i would rather pay more to fly to Cebu, because i don't care to much for Manila.

I flew NWA this year, but i think my wife and i will use Cathy Pacific next time, and fly to Cebu.

I flew out of Memphis to, hope you have a good trip, can't wait to we are on our way there........lol :lol: