Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

Archer

OK I just tried your Yahoo Farechase, the difference was $514 (JFK) and $458 (MEM) between MNL and CEB. Better luck next time! This might vary depending upon the city you leave from, but the OP was asking about MEM and then someone said JFK.

BTS and Cheaptickets.com are the best I've seen.

motorcarrier

It seems that Memphis should be in the same zone as Omaha - but maybe not. After looking at these posts and some of the convoluted, complicated, and inconvenient schedules I think $1,400 each, including taxes, for a 27 hour flight directly into Cebu with no layover longer than 2 1/2 hours looks pretty good. It's paid for and if I don't get a hernia getting the pasalubong bags from the car to the terminal it should be smooth sailing.

motorcarrier
One bad thing is that the consoldater only uses email tickets. Wife and I are a bit unsure about that, but are considering it.

Any comments...

Tim

I've used e-tickets many times and they work exactly like any other ticket. They have a bar code on them and they scan at the gate just like a "real" ticket.

Steve

One bad thing is that the consoldater only uses email tickets. Wife and I are a bit unsure about that, but are considering it.

Any comments...

Tim

I've used e-tickets many times and they work exactly like any other ticket. They have a bar code on them and they scan at the gate just like a "real" ticket.

I second that, I fly for work and use the e-ticket system all the time. Never had any problems. I also used it on my last trip to Cebu and back.

twostrokes

I am wondering, even though it is normally cheaper to buy your tickets as early as possible, a few months in advance, with the price of fuel having dropped to about 1/3d of what it was a couple months ago, might it not be smart to wait the few months and hopefully the ticket prices will drop back down???? I am planning on heading that way in like Oct, so I don't plan on shopping until maybe June.....hoping that the fuel cost will stay low and the airlines will drop their prices back down after the recoup some of their losses when they had high fuel costs. Maybe I am wrong, but that is my take on ticket prices...At least I hope they will drop back below $1,000USD by june.

Jim

Rockman

I'm going in March, best I have found so far is from BT Store. However my friend used them once had troubles with them changing the price and the flight. He called them and the customer service rep was rude and bitchy. When we all three went this March, we used orbtiz and paid I think 1176 or so on American Airlines. Of course we got caught up in the MD80 grounding in Dallas on our flight back home... No compensation from American, so I wont be flying them again... Right now it looks like NWA for around 1250 or so. AA is up to 1700 lol, they are nuts....

sport03
Well as it stands I am going to RETIRE 28 Feb 2009 and would like to send my wife to Cebu for about 6 weeks. We are looking for a R/T ticket for Early March (can you say March 1st...lol) to mid April 2009.

If anybody has a lead on a good price please let us know...leaving from Memphis (South East USA) TN.

Thanks

Tim

I just did tickets from Ft. Lauderdale. I used www.kayak.com and then went to Orbitz to purchase and found orbitz does not support all flights to Manila. Ok here was the best way to save money. Book your flight to Lax then to Manila, round trip about $950. then book a discount air ticket to Memphis. I did the same to Fort Lauderdale and got round trip for $286.00 so my total was some 1200.00 excluding Manila flight to Cebu. I know of know flights from Lax into Cebu. If anyone knows direct from Cebu to anyplace in the USA please post. Philip

Bob Ward
I just did tickets from Ft. Lauderdale. I used www.kayak.com and then went to Orbitz to purchase and found orbitz does not support all flights to Manila. Ok here was the best way to save money. Book your flight to Lax then to Manila, round trip about $950. then book a discount air ticket to Memphis. I did the same to Fort Lauderdale and got round trip for $286.00 so my total was some 1200.00 excluding Manila flight to Cebu. I know of know flights from Lax into Cebu. If anyone knows direct from Cebu to anyplace in the USA please post. Philip

In theory you might be right, but in actuality you are not correct on this one. First off your total was $1236 not $1200. Secondly cheaptickets.com has a flight using Continental and JAL for $1104. I do support your theory though!

retired

If memory serves me correctly cebu pacific has applied for rights to fly direct from Cebu to west coast of the US . I have not heard whether the approval has occured . However , recently Cebu Pacific did state that they would have to postpone the acquisition of specific aircraft in order to upgrade their fleet for trans - pacific flights due to economic constraints . Maybe you could google the latest info .

sport03
In theory you might be right, but in actuality you are not correct on this one. First off your total was $1236 not $1200. Secondly cheaptickets.com has a flight using Continental and JAL for $1104. I do support your theory though!

Hey Bob

Thanks I will check it out but I found that I could get slightly cheaper but not the same low flight times. I wil check. Great to have all of us trying to get cheaper cheaper cheaper. Boy since I retired I am into cheap. Philip

tim

Retired

Cebu Pacific will have to change more than their planes if they want to use the USA as a port of entry, they are the worst at customer serivce and they will just steal your money...they better stay in the Philippines where their crooked ways can be protected by the local gov't because if they land here in the USA they will be way over their heads... and in legal courts up the ye-yang...of course OMHO.

Tim

m60man

I found a web site you may want to look at, its name is Vayama, you can add your own dot com. I have been researching prices for a Feb. and Mar. trip to Cebu. Manila seems to be the best way to go, Cebu Pacific on to Cebu. Cebu Pacific has a nice web page, so you can book on line. I'am leaving from Indianapolis, Indiana------to Chicago---to Tokyo via United Airlines, Tokyo------Manila via Japan Airlines. Total layover time 3 hrs approx. eachway. Trip time over, 22 hrs 27 min, back 21 hrs 7 min. Arrival in Manila is late, 11:50pm, but you really will not loose a day visa time. It will be after midnight time you go through customs, so no lose there. However, the first flight out to Cebu isn't till around 4:45am and then about every 2 hours or so till about 9:00pm. But, its all about the Benjamins ($$$), so here it is.

R/T Indy to Manila $988.44 usd, R/T Manila to Cebu PHP 3993.92 (approx $83.21usd) Total $1071.65.

Cebu Air, 1st 15 kilos checked baggage free. Take a look at Vayama, maybe they can save you some Benjamins, let me know if they were helpful.

I think I will stay about 2 months, (59 days) to look around to decide if I want to become an Expat. I looking for a house to rent for those 2 months, Feb. and Mar 2009. If anyone traveling during those times would like to share the house, probably be cheaper than a nice Hotel, let me know. We can dicuss the specifics. Hope this has been helpful.

m60man

Bob Ward

mo60man, the Vayama site looks like a cheaptickets.com driven site, bit it's VERY close in price so what the heck.

Have you already purchased the Cebu Pacific tickets online? There are MANY reports of their site not accepting credit cards and even more reports of the CP site rejecting the cards and then charging the card for the tickets, but you get not ticket!

samatm

I have used two great travel agents who ALLWAYS beat cheaptix.com and oribitz or the rest. Just email them and let them know approximate flexible dates and these two travel ladies will work hard to get your best price.

email ying su at Arrow Travel [email protected]

or Paula at Apex Travel [email protected]

Korean Airlines is gettting very popular with the Filipino community in DFW... as they have a DFW - Seoul - Cebu flight which is cheap and direct.

has anyone flown this flight? i would like to hear your feedback.

cheers.

Edited by samatm