Sign in to follow this  
tim

Tickets to Cebu Philippines from USA

tim

Well as it stands I am going to RETIRE 28 Feb 2009 and would like to send my wife to Cebu for about 6 weeks. We are looking for a R/T ticket for Early March (can you say March 1st...lol) to mid April 2009.

If anybody has a lead on a good price please let us know...leaving from Memphis (South East USA) TN.

Thanks

Tim

smokey
Well as it stands I am going to RETIRE 28 Feb 2009 and would like to send my wife to Cebu for about 6 weeks. We are looking for a R/T ticket for Early March (can you say March 1st...lol) to mid April 2009.

If anybody has a lead on a good price please let us know...leaving from Memphis (South East USA) TN.

Thanks

Tim

try northwest heard they are having some specials...

bouncing55

im shopping for tickets also, lowest is about 1500 from JFK, this is a few months out, ill keep looking, but im sure ill be forced to buy soon if prices keep going up

motorcarrier
im shopping for tickets also, lowest is about 1500 from JFK, this is a few months out, ill keep looking, but im sure ill be forced to buy soon if prices keep going up

I just paid $2800 for two round trip tickets from Omaha to Cebu departing mid-February (27 hours out and 35 hours back). I did a lot of research and it seems that Asiana currently has the best rates and travel times.

Arkanmo

Whenever I go to Phil I always shop around, and keep coming back to www.cheaptickets.com

Archer
I just paid $2800 for two round trip tickets from Omaha to Cebu departing mid-February (27 hours out and 35 hours back). I did a lot of research and it seems that Asiana currently has the best rates and travel times.

This Cornhusker must be rich, not a very good shopper or bragging about flying business class! Joke Lang! :D

Welcome to LinC!

Archer

Everyone should be aware that round trip tickets directly to Cebu are quite a bit more expensive than tickets to Manila. For example, JFK to MNL, the difference is about $550. Then a R/T on Cebu Pacific for about $100 and you still save over $450.

For those that hate the old hassles of changing planes in MNL, Terminal 3 is now open and that problem has mostly disappeared!

bouncing55

how much would a one way from mnl to ceb if i buy right there at the airport if i were to arrive in mnl and wanted to get on the next flight or the next available flight?

XR600SM
Everyone should be aware that round trip tickets directly to Cebu are quite a bit more expensive than tickets to Manila. For example, JFK to MNL, the difference is about $550. Then a R/T on Cebu Pacific for about $100 and you still save over $450.

For those that hate the old hassles of changing planes in MNL, Terminal 3 is now open and that problem has mostly disappeared!

Flying from the east coast of the US means arriving in Manila at midnight and staying overnight as well as leaving out at 6am on the return requiring another overnight stay. Granted 2 nights stay in Manila and the ticket from Manila to Cebu and back are still cheaper, but it is worth a little more for me not to lose those 2 days.

Tatoosh

I kind of like visiting Manila. But I am getting a bit more familiar with it so I don't find it such a pain. And mostly what I like is the shops and the art. I don't know I'd want to fly through there if I didn't want to stay for a couple of days and look around. I arrived in the Philippines via Cathay Pacific which flew me from the USA to Hong Kong, then directly to Cebu (Mactan). If I was heading to Cebu, I'd probably do the same thing again.

motorcarrier
This Cornhusker must be rich, not a very good shopper or bragging about flying business class! Joke Lang! :mellow:

Welcome to LinC!

Thanks, I was a member of the old forum 3-4 years ago and have lurked here on and off for some time.

Rich - I wish! Maybe if I get on my knees and beg I have a chance at a comp upgrade to business class. No, as you said in your subsequent post, flights to Cebu are more expensive than flights to Manila and flights directly into Ceby, bypassing Manila, are more expensive as well. You also have to figure in the price of flying out of a small city like Omaha to get to a hub. I figure 27 hours and straight to Cebu is worth the price and I really didn't see anything cheaper. I went through Orbitz on bookingbuddy.com

tim

I have several prices around 1500 usd R/T to Cebu from Memphis. Have not gotten anything finalized as of yet. Had one for 1300 with Cathy Pacific but it fell thru at the last minute when the consoladator began adding to the price. I cancel.

We are looking at NWA - Cathy Pacific (CP) and Korean Air (KA). Tried JAL last time but wife did not like it and does not want to fly with them again. Plus they go to Manila like NWA.

Here is what I am thinking:

If we go with NWA Memphis to Manila it looks like about 1100 usd but we also have to deal with getting to Cebu on our own. The cost of Cebu Pacific is estimated at 100 usd r/t from Manila to Cebu. Then we have the problem of Domestic baggage rate compare to the international rate on the weight. That will cost us. To get around that we have decided if we use nwa we would mail a box to Cebu from Memphis and have my wife only travel with a carry on...cost at 100 usd. next we have to deal with the lay overs. she will get there at midnight and fly out the next day. She can deal with that. Returning she will have to get there the night before to make her flight out on NWA and she will insist on a hotel stay add 50 usd. Also, she will have extra weight because she will be bring stuff back over the CP weight limit. Another 25 usd.

So flying with NWA at 1100 plus the 200 usd plus the 50 usd and plus the 25 usd, total cost over 1375 usd, plus the problems of getting our own tickets, layovers etc, it looks like it would be better to go directly into Cebu with another airlines.

CP and KA both work that flight problem out, but at a higher ticket price. CP from Memphis has more stops and layovers. They are around 1400 usd, or more. Ka we think mightl be less (around 1300 to 1500) but have not gotten a finalized price as of yet.

CP will more than likely go Memphis to Dallas to LA to HK to cebu. We will not get any fequent flyer miles with going thru the consoladater. CP will treat you great while on their flights.

KA will go from Memphis to Atlanta to korea to cebu. Less time but do not know how they treat the customers. we will get 70% freguent flyer miles with KA.

So we are still comparing the costs between CP and KA.

One bad thing is that the consoldater only uses email tickets. Wife and I are a bit unsure about that, but are considering it.

Any comments...

Tim

Edited by tim

bikerdave

From the east coast you can get really good deals with continental different day have different routes but normally from their your place to the hub in houston...........layover then Hawaii or Guam............layover...........then tokyo to manila between 900 to 995 usd

Mark L

I'm not sure who you are getting those prices from, but the differences I have seen average only about $100. I like to use Yahoo Farechase. They will give great rates for all of the discount bookings. I have not found any service that can beat their prices or compare so many different bookings with just one click.