Muhammed Ali dead

Mandingo

R.I.P. champ :)

Ozepete

Was watching the Australian rules football here on TV when it was announced at the ground that Ali had passed.

The crowd was silenced for a few moments then rose and applauded this great man.

Amazing that respect for Ali was so spontaneous even half a world away.

• Like 4
Mr. Mike

Float like a butterfly, ,sting like a bee...

He once said he was "so bad he could make medicine sick...and so fast he could run through a hurricane and never get wet"

RIP

• Like 1
Cipro

It's pretty rare for someone to completely dominate his sport like this, I can only remember Ali and Jordan, I guess maybe Jim Thorpe although that was before my time. At least he had a good run, sleep well. 

wacobay

As a boxing fan for most of my 73 years I have to agree that Muhammed Ali was the greatest boxer of all time. He was also a charismatic and clever self promoter.  He also, unfortunately, introduced some negative things into the sports world such as ridiculing and mocking opponents. No doubt though, he was one of a kind. Rest in peace.

• Like 2
Sonny

No hero of mine, but he was undoubtedly one of the greatest fighters of all time, right up there with Jack Johnson.  RIP.

Derick

As a white man i see he shuck up the world agents racist views he made the world a better place to live in. in truth i am thankful of this.

RIP 

• Like 1
PhilsFan

My favorite quotes from "the greatest!"

My face is so pretty, you don't see a scar, which proves I'm the king of the ring by far. - 

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. 

Here I predict Sonny Liston's dismemberment,  I'll hit him so hard, he'll forget where October-November went. - 

My toughest fight was with my first wife, and she won every round. - 

You will be missed!!   RIP

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 2
Steve and Myrlita

There was a song made for him......Sing Muhammed, Muhammed Ali. He floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. He moves (or looks like can't be sure) the Black Superman. I'm Al....al...li..., catch me if you can.

cebubird

Super fighter and a racist. He could have done so much if he had never got hooked up with malcom x and his hate spewers, plus refusing his military obligation. To give him credit, he at least fought the draft, unlike draft dodgers(such as clinton and trump)or the ones who hid out in Canada.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

samatm

I first became familiar with the word  "Manila"  from listening to the Thrilla in Manila  via transistor radio with my older brother into the wee hours of the night.   We couldn't turn it off even though it was a school night.      Thanks for the memories . 

Cassius Clay Jr is the greatest boxer. As we all know he converted and took name Muhammed Ali. And still is the greatest. He was anti Vietnam war and refused to get drafted. And still is the greatest. 

R.I.P. The Greatest boxer of all time