Sign in to follow this  
aussiekangaroo

Ex Demanding I give her 250,000PHP, Does she really have a case?

to_dave007

new fiance...

Slow down my friend.

You just escaped one mess take your time before jumpng into another one.

Totally agree.  OP seems in rapture about being surrounded by all these Fiancé's.  But it's entirely possible that Fiancé1 gave up her extortion attempt because Fiancé2 is simply much better at it.  Perhaps Fiancé2 threatened to have Fiancé1's legs broken, or worse.  Or perhaps they simply cooked up a joint plan about how they'll manage the "living asset and money tree" that the OP appears to be.  Or maybe Fiancé2 is sufficiently confident of her ability to extract money from OP, that she's made additional side offers to Fiancé1.  Or maybe Fiancé2 offered an additional 60k paid by her privately to get rid of Fiancé1.

For myself, I don't understand the logic on involving Fiance2 in this aspect of OP's affairs at all.  Why on earth would OP wish to drag her along on such a sordid affair that is none of her f**king business?  OP seems destined to live out his life surrounded by drama, of his own making.

Overall, I don't understand the way this has transpired. In his original post OP told us that Fiancé1 would be happy to receive 250K. Then you go to a meeting and OP's attorney says "my client is willing to give 225K but I'm only willing to offer 200K" (WTF gives with that?  is it 200k or 225k?).  And then OP jumps for joy that new Fiance2 interferes in his financial/legal affairs and magically gets an "offer" to settle at 190k right out of the blue and in private with no OP or attorney around.  If it were me I'd tell her that it's none of her business and stop meddling and let OP and OP lawyer take care of business.

Who negotiates like this?  Who would accept 190k when 200k was already offered?   There's an old saying..  "If it sounds too good to be true, then..."

The PURPOSE of paying anything at all, was to put the risk and stress and drama of Fiancé1 firmly in the past.  And to me it seems that OP's own actions have the effect of connecting Fiancé1 and Fiancé2, which may keep Fiancé1 in the future picture in uncomfortable ways.

[NO WAY in hell would I marry someone who took it upon herself to meddle in my affairs like this, without asking me.  Doesn't matter how successful she is at it.  She's got HER shit.  I got MY shit..  I stay outta her shit.  She stays outta my shit. Otherwise..  where the hell else do you draw the line.  How the hell can you conduct your affairs if you got her looking over your shoulder and meddling and overruling you whenever she feels like it.  And if she does that now when she's just a fiancé what limits will she have when she's a wife. I'd run like hell from fiancé2.  But of course then she would extort money for breach of promise of marriage and threaten OP with deportation. Sheesh]

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

sugbu777

:popcorn: 

KID

Who is collecting the rent for you now?

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

I always fear a situation like this. Why does it always seem to take a turn like this? Always that threat of deportation. Ugh.

to_dave007

I always fear a situation like this. Why does it always seem to take a turn like this? Always that threat of deportation. Ugh.

It's a THREAT.  It's a negotiating tactic.

Like many other threats in other "conflict" situations.. such as...

- If you don't pay your child support you'll never see your son again

- if you don't pay the protection money we'll come tonight and break your legs

- if you don't pay the ransom, we'll cut the hostages head off

- if you don't get out of the Ukraine, we'll impose tougher UN sanctions

Just because they say it, doesn't make it so.  And if they say it 1000 times, it doesn't make it any more, or less, true.  The question that needs to be asked is do they have the ability or conviction to back it up?  Will they go through with it?  What is the risk to me?

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

to_dave007

My lawyer said I have nothing to worry about.

Of course he is.  He also told you that her lawyer is no good.

And what do you think her lawyer is telling her?  exactly the same thing my friend, exactly the same thing.  After all, these are the soothing words the client wants to hear.

So which lawyer is right?

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

hyaku

First fiance was just a 'live in'. Now you have second live in you call a fiance. The first "fiance" is pissed of and will send you to hell if she can.' That was your first mistake

You attys are talking to each other who are making money to drag this out to get money from a foreigner. That was your second mistake

Given the chance the two women will probably text each other with the first wanting to be friends. I only hope you have tied up the fiance number two with ground rules. But I guess not if you already call her a 'fiance'. Promises of marriage is probably mistake number three. 

• Like 3

TheWhiteKnight

Just because they say it, doesn't make it so.  And if they say it 1000 times, it doesn't make it any more, or less, true.  The question that needs to be asked is do they have the ability or conviction to back it up?  Will they go through with it?  What is the risk to me?

I don't it seems like you might be in for some real trouble if they actually do lodge a complaint or even point immigration your way at all. Once you are on the radar, they know to feck with you, legal or not. Have you heard about those "mission orders" they post date them and arrest you saying you overstayed and your ass is in bicutan until you pay a huge bribe to be deported.

TheWhiteKnight

Is this one really appropriate? In the case of the Philippines they really did cut their head(s) off!

Davaoeno

My lawyer said I have nothing to worry about but I just want to play it safe.

Never underestimate the level of corruption here, and the ability of people with connections to cause you problems.   Even if the threats dont pan out in the end they can  still cause you endless problems and expense 

• Like 4

Sven

I don't it seems like you might be in for some real trouble if they actually do lodge a complaint or even point immigration your way at all. Once you are on the radar, they know to feck with you, legal or not. Have you heard about those "mission orders" they post date them and arrest you saying you overstayed and your ass is in bicutan until you pay a huge bribe to be deported.

I have not heard about any such "mission orders" but I have a good impression of the BI ... Would think as long as you are not overstaying or working illegally, you are quite safe from them. Am I missing something important here ....?

smokey

you forgot shit or get off the pot

to_dave007

Is this one really appropriate? In the case of the Philippines they really did cut their head(s) off!

You are probably right.  I was trying to thing of examples of "threats" where the threat may or may not be carried out.  But point taken.

smokey

i have been threatened with deportation  at least 20 times in the last 10 years ..  15 of them times were by foreigners  note to self I am still here...

Edited by smokey

rep1

OP are you sure it's good idea to have your fiance dealing this such matter?? I imagine if it happens in USA your new gf would probably feel WTF about all that and quit. If she doesn't, you'd have more to worry about ;)