Sign in to follow this  
aussiekangaroo

Ex Demanding I give her 250,000PHP, Does she really have a case?

agent17

Don't pay in cash.  Get a Manager's Check from the bank.  Get a lawyer to draw up a legal document and have her sign it at your lawyer's office.

If you want to end this once and for all, you have to do this right.

• Like 1

hayabusa

Rent's were never more then 100k and mostly around 70-80 then don't forget I never owned them fully so factor in the cost of interest and the payment for the unit she stayed in and her allowance and agent fees for renting the units out I would say I would have actually been losing. On top of her allowance of 7k a month I always gave her money when requested within reason for other things and lot's of fancy gifts.

Anyway there has been a bit of back and fourth by email today and she said the lowest she will go is 225k and then she will sign a quit claim. Some of my personal things are still in her boarding house like my LED TV and PS3 with around 50games and clothes and documents. She asked me if she could continue to use the TV or if I wanted it back so have to say that's not to bad of her of course I told her I wanted it back after I will give her the cash. I found out that her lawyer is actually her new boss who just opened a cafe and is also a lawyer.

The funniest thing was she said to me to don't forget to bring her chocolates??? Is she serious lol.

At the end of the day 225k is not going to kill me she was a nice girl besides going around my back that time and who really knows if could have been more then that 1 guy since he is the only one who sent me a facebook message about what was going on but I do want her to be happy so I will give her the cash and that will be the end of it. She want's me to go the cafe when I arrive and settle. I don't know where I am going to find 2 witness tho.

this is why girls are so fast to scam guys cause the guys are so fast to just give what they want, and know they can get what they ask for. 

She does not deserve 1 peso, where as you took care of her even you where not in the country and bought her many gifts. which in my opinion more than she deserved for helping you only a little picking up rent or assisting you a little with those condo's. This time its 250,000 next 500,000 where does it ever end its not about if you can afford it or not its about she deserve's nothing at all you took care of her for many years and she helped you only a very little while you where out of the country picking up rent etc with your condo's. she will be back case in point look one breath telling you give her 225,000 next bring her chocolates.

thebob

Nope, those are P.05 coins.

Ha! I was only an order of magnitude wrong!

broden

Ha! I was only an order of magnitude wrong!

rich guys xz4y0hY.gif

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Listen to Caveat, she knows what she is talking about.

sorry but I respectfully disagree .

The funniest thing was she said to me to don't forget to bring her chocolates??? Is she serious lol.

No - just pinoy !! 

Davaoeno

Well I'm no lawyer but I can see our two legal eagles here are giving contradictory statements. If Mr D is right in saying the non-paying partner is prima facie considered to have contributed half then the burden of proof is on the sheila, while CE is saying the burden of proof is on Mr Kangaroo.

actually I am not prepared to say what the law is nor how it would be decided in this case.  I only want to say how I interpret the law, and how I think it would be interpreted going on the facts that we have been given.  But as I said before it is up to what a given judge on a given day will rule .     I do stand by my decision that if it was me I would pay her off and hit the road  - after negotiating the payment as low as possible. . I think the  financial downside of not settling  is too great to risk , nevermind the stress factor involved in continuing on with this drama 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 3

Davaoeno

its about she deserve's nothing at all

that is your decision, however you are not the one at risk here and you are not doing the OP any favor by encouraging him to get himself involved in litigation rather than settling with her . 

hayabusa

that is your decision, however you are not the one at risk here and you are not doing the OP any favor by encouraging him to get himself involved in litigation rather than settling with her . 

as i stated it is my opinion and i am entitled to it, i am not telling him what to do it is no ones decision but his own what will work best for him. I am glad i am not in that situation and if i was i would not give her a single peso. But that is me that is not what you or some one else might do. I hope him the best in his situation and hope he can work it out so it does not end up costing him dearly.

aussiekangaroo

Well just an update on how this has played out, On Tuesday I left my new fiance in the apartment to go and sort out this mess andd met my atty in Ayala and he advised me there relly is no case even under labour laws which is the path she decided to take as she is not coverd under live in partner laws and both attorneys agree to that we then went to the cafe where my ex is now working and her female lawyer was there. My atty advised she has no case and that she is even lucky that I am prepared to give her 225k as she was threating filing for deportation but my attorney advised he was only prepared to give her 200k as a take it or leave it offer and to sign a quit claim.

They were both not willing to accept it and my atty was not impressed with her attorneys repeated extortion attempts and so we left and then he told me outside that he thinks she would accept it but her atty was trying to make an impression with her and that he would call her directly the next day.

Later that night and the last 2 days she has been threating me with deportation and refusing to give me back all my very important documents and belongings and i let my new fiance deal with her and have not sent any direct message to her.

Anyway my new fiance has not wanted to give her a single peso but has made a deal with her on my request as i dont want any deportation issues and has settled at 190k. I don't know how she did it as she was not even willing to accept 200k with my attorney 2 days ago. God bless her she is an amazing girl. So the papers are drawn up and ready to be signed tomorrow.

Edited by aussiekangaroo
  • Like 4

Davaoeno

It is money well spent . Could she file and win  a case against you ? maybe- maybe not .  Could she cause you problems with immigration ? maybe- maybe not .  At least this way you are out of it and dont have to worry about what she might do next .

• Like 4

davehud

Well just an update on how this has played out, On Tuesday I left my new fiance in the apartment to go and sort out this mess andd met my atty in Ayala and he advised me there relly is no case even under labour laws which is the path she decided to take as she is not coverd under live in partner laws and both attorneys agree to that we then went to the cafe where my ex is now working and her female lawyer was there. My atty advised she has no case and that she is even lucky that I am prepared to give her 225k as she was threating filing for deportation but my attorney advised he was only prepared to give her 200k as a take it or leave it offer and to sign a quit claim.

They were both not willing to accept it and my atty was not impressed with her attorneys repeated extortion attempts and so we left and then he told me outside that he thinks she would accept it but her atty was trying to make an impression with her and that he would call her directly the next day.

Later that night and the last 2 days she has been threating me with deportation and refusing to give me back all my very important documents and belongings and i let my new fiance deal with her and have not sent any direct message to her.

Anyway my new fiance has not wanted to give her a single peso but has made a deal with her on my request as i dont want any deportation issues and has settled at 190k. I don't know how she did it as she was not even willing to accept 200k with my attorney 2 days ago. God bless her she is an amazing girl. So the papers are drawn up and ready to be signed tomorrow.

new fiance...

Slow down my friend.

You just escaped one mess take your time before jumpng into another one.

• Like 4

TheWhiteKnight

Gripping story, please keep us up to date.

hayabusa

never count your chickens tell they hatch  hope she will sign and it will be done for you what a mess

• Like 1

Sven

I am curious about this threat to "file for deportation" which it seems even the lawyers talked about. What was that about?

As far as I know, deportation of another person is not something an individual can apply for, but rather a potential punishment for some crime. I would not think a breakup of a relationship and/or a civil disagreement about money is relevant.

aussiekangaroo

I am curious about this threat to "file for deportation" which it seems even the lawyers talked about. What was that about?

As far as I know, deportation of another person is not something an individual can apply for, but rather a potential punishment for some crime. I would not think a breakup of a relationship and/or a civil disagreement about money is relevant.

My lawyer said I have nothing to worry about but I just want to play it safe.

• Like 1