Sign in to follow this  
aussiekangaroo

Ex Demanding I give her 250,000PHP, Does she really have a case?

Journeyer

At the end of the day 225k is not going to kill me she was a nice girl

She sounds great. Just think of it as severance pay, and you don't need witnesses just video the whole transaction.

KID

I sure wouldn't meet her with cash at her new BF bosses business that for sure

Thats enough cash to get ya killed

• Like 1

samatm

HOw about you just  reach and agreement .say. cut it down to 200K.   You already paid 130K..  so you cough up an extra 70K  have a formal document signed that she declares that she will not go after for any more and will not intervene in your life ever again.

pretty cheap OUT.     

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

Sven

.. as far as I am concerned when you break up with a girlfriend, her life is her own to manage and you owe her nothing ...

That may be what you think is right.... and that may be what I think is right too ... but it seems Filipino lawmakers have other ideas.

Whatever you do, don't carry 200k pesos in cash to any meeting... Sounds dangerous to me.

• Like 2

RogerDuMond

so I will give her the cash and that will be the end of it.

Are you collecting 5 peso coins to pay with?

• Like 2

aussiekangaroo

Are you collecting 5 peso coins to pay with?

What a great idea, Thanks for the tip but I might throw in alot of 25 centavo coins as well hahaha.

Edited by aussiekangaroo

hyaku

I sure wouldn't meet her with cash at her new BF bosses business that for sure

Thats enough cash to get ya killed

And the going settlement rate they expect if one of them dies is around P100.000. Whatever way you look at it she is on to a winner here by gaining even more money from a guy that let her and family stay in a condo for free. 

Most things here are settled here in mediation and there is a going rate for most things. Even a court case here in the province can be strung out for around seven years.

Edited by hyaku

Derick

Pay her be done with it, or don't and sell the 10 condos and move to Thailand, Cambo. It takes years to settle a court case from what iv read here. By then all condos are liquidated. Problem solved.Or we can talk about this for another 160 posts.

• Like 2

Caveat Emptor

Well I'm no lawyer but I can see our two legal eagles here are giving contradictory statements. If Mr D is right in saying the non-paying partner is prima facie considered to have contributed half then the burden of proof is on the sheila, while CE is saying the burden of proof is on Mr Kangaroo.

I did not say that the burden of proof goes to the OP. what I wrote was “I really hope you have theAbsolute Deed of Sale” in your name so you have a stronger case and the burden of proof would shift to her side to prove otherwise.” Since she is alleging to be a joint owner or at least entitled to half of the property, she has the burden of proving in court that she paid for half of it.

I forgot to mention that Caveat works in the legal field, if I remember correctly.

I don’t work in the legal field, Roger. I finished Bachelor of Arts major in Political Science and Bachelor of Laws in college. I realized lawyering is not for me so I did not practice it. I am just happy giving out opinions based on my four years study of the Philippine laws and jurisprudence. My opinion is free. Lawyer’s opinion cost a lot. I am giving options to OP just in case he would end up getting a lawyer to represent him. At least his soon to be lawyer will know that he knew something about the law.

Since almost everyone thinks that she deserves some kind of payment for her labor, your ex might go to the “employer-employee” relationship as an alternative route if she can not produce receipts for her share on the property. Employer-employee relationship exists even if there is no verbal or written agreement for as long as the supposedly employer (OP) tolerates the management of the person (ex-gf) towards his property. If she is able to raise this issue and witnesses were produced in court to testify, she might have a stronger case for unlawful termination. If she won the case, the OP may be asked to pay her wages backdating from the time she cohabited with the OP up to today’s date but of course less the wages she already received during those times. The staying in of the ex-gf in the property for the purpose of overseeing the OP’s property will be considered as fringe benefits and part of the compensation package.

• Like 7

rep1

That may be what you think is right.... and that may be what I think is right too ... but it seems Filipino lawmakers have other ideas.

Whatever you do, don't carry 200k pesos in cash to any meeting... Sounds dangerous to me.

not if you carry 200k in 0.5 peso coins. I can't imagine her face if the OP pays her by that!  :cool:

KID

not if you carry 200k in 0.5 peso coins. I can't imagine her face if the OP pays her by that! 

Gonna need an armored car just to haul it around :)

RogerDuMond

Gonna need an armored car just to haul it around :)

I think the problem would not be in transporting it, but in finding 0.5 peso coins.

• Like 2

thebob

I think the problem would not be in transporting it, but in finding 0.5 peso coins.

I scoop them up whenever I can find them... they make great washers.

• Like 1

shadow

I scoop them up whenever I can find them... they make great washers.

Nope, those are P.05 coins.

• Like 2

spydoo

... Since she is alleging to be a joint owner or at least entitled to half of the property,...

Where did you read that?