My God, it's been almost a year

Hello, forum. I'm Ronald. I joined more than a year ago, never introduced myself, and have been on the ground in Cebu for almost a year now.

How did I get here? Well, I spent all of 2007 planning for a year-long Round-The-World world trip. I was originally supposed to head out in Oct of 2007, but because of my work contract, wound up not being able to leave until January of this year. The Philippines were on the agenda for that month, so I just came here first.

Funny thing, when I landed here, I felt really at home. I liked the place so much that I tossed the RTW schedule and just stuck around. And now it's been almost a year and I have no idea when I'll head back to the US. I guess that happens to people here.

Anyway, I'm a 40-something artist and writer and hobbyist musician, with a background in photojournalism, creative agencies and communications consulting.

After a few months here, I met a girl and decided to get married. I guess that happens a lot here as well. I've never been happier.

I've actually spent most of my time interacting with the locals, friends and relatives of my wife, but I'm also interested to know if there are other creative type expats hanging around here.

Peace to all,

Ronald

An interesting story.

It sounds like you have found your ideal situation and lifestyle.

MattFromGA

Im a writer, hobbyist musician and software developer. I like your story.

Thanks guys for the responses. It's appreciated.

Matt, I'm from Mississippi -- originally anyway. Unfortunately, that's where my Taylor T5 is, though I picked up a classical guitar made here, which has helped keep me sane on the harder days.

MattFromGA

Im from GA. I brought my Les Paul I've owned for 20 years and a strat I bought in the states 2 years ago when I went on a visit. Since getting here I bought an alto and tenner sax. I love playing the sax; been playing it since 3rd grade.

Since getting here I bought an alto and tenner sax

Mmmm, I did hear that some guys go there for the sax. B)

Balintawak
Mmmm, I did hear that some guys go there for the sax. :(

:mellow:

Nice story, that is what most people only dream of :)