23yr Old Wants To Overturn The Phils Power Industry

senseless

Leandro Leviste hired a foreigner to do all of the work while he took the credit for it. Just some retarded child that is impossible to work for. All of the skill in his company already vacated it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• PhilsFan

• rizla

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Leandro Leviste studied at Yale University, he heard about Elon Musk’s designs for Solarcity. Leviste had bought stocks in Tesla, Musk’s electric car brand, when they were cheap and sold them for

As long it lacks the storage capacity at LOW COST - to store the produced energy - solar power is too expensive !

'What it will cost you' is not what it costs. You have to figure in what sort of breaks you're getting to reduce costs, including but not limited to tax breaks, direct subsidies, as well as indirect s

Davaoeno

Leandro Leviste hired a foreigner to do all of the work while he took the credit for it

That is definitely my kind of guy !!!  Capitalism at its finest !!    We should all aspire to reach this goal !! 

• Like 1
thebob

As solar becomes more efficient (although we are not really far from the limit on that) it gets better in a watts per risk view, but the 'solar dream' is to have every house with a small solar farm on the roof; what people don't realize is that their tiny little co-gen plant comes with a tiny little maintenance risk to life and limb and if you multiply that out enough, people do actually die and get hurt. 

I think a lot of that is mitigated when the installation is part of the construction. Retro fits are more dangerous,

Where I live the majority of new solar is brownfield installations at ground level. I guess it depends on where you live.

Cipro

I think a lot of that is mitigated when the installation is part of the construction.

I was under the impression many of the accidents occur during maintenance after the installation, during cleaning and so on. In any case building actual solar plants negates this to some degree, although sh*t still happens, just ask Google. 

• Like 1
big RB

You know, I used to do factory automation, and I can't think of a worse idea (fiscally and operationally) than a manufacturing plant that shuts down every evening and starts up every morning. Sorry to say, but true.

YES, I can see pitfalls. It would depend on what your manufacturing for sure. But the option of random brown outs daily for most of the dry season is worse. Then in the rainny season we replace brown outs with black outs do to storms. Remember in the Philippines they kill the power ahead of storms assuming the wires will be down shortly anyway. This reduces infrastructure damage some, and is a little safer. Still however, DO NOT ASSUME LINES ON THE GROUND ARE NOT ENERGIZED. They may still be.
Cipro

.... just ask Google.

In case I was too obscure:

"The World’s Largest Solar Plant Just Torched Itself

"Misaligned mirrors are being blamed for a fire that broke out yesterday at the world’s largest solar power plant, leaving the high-tech facility crippled for the time being. It sounds like the plant’s workers suffered through a real hellscape, too.

"Putting out the blaze was not easy task, either. Firefighters were forced to climb 300 feet up a boiler tower to get to the scene. Officials said the fire was located about two-thirds up the tower.

"Inevitably, the incident reveals the inherent dangers of concentrated solar power as well as the need to ensure that the mirrors are always on target. Concentrated solar power plants, in addition to being a menace to themselves, can also pose a hazard to local wildlife. Last year, a plant in Nevada torched over a hundred birds when they flew through the plant’s “flux field.”

"It’s yet another setback for the Ivanpah facility. For the past few months, the plant has been unable to meet the output levels stipulated in its power purchase agreement, and it was given an extension until July 31, 2016 to improve performance. This fire obviously isn’t going to help."
  • Like 2