gyms in cebu

b7335920

b7335920

Check out the "anytime fitness" on n escario if your looking for something modern and good parking.Its in capital square,pretty convenient(no walking through the mall and great if your driving)Expensive(around 2200 pesos a month plus key-joining fee as of several months ago)Very good for someone that wants to walk or run on a treadmill,you got a good view.A little hipper and younger crowd but great if your up early and seemed pretty slow before 7am.Private bathrooms with shower with several fitness classes usually running 

Yeah, anytime fitness is supposed to be solid - they also have a second branche in Ayala business park and will even open in 2018 a 3rd one in Lahug.

Im living in Lahug, hence so far my choice of gym is city gym which is also a 24/7 gym, very solid and pretty high end

But Im curious about anytime fitness, so will for sure check it up, when they start their business also in Lahug, in the IT Park.

• Like 1
Shrek484

I love old style, not really into fancy gyms. I use one in Balamban, small, no AC, sweaty and full of heavy metal just waiting for me to smash it around. Owner is a nice guy too, helpful and chatty. 

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Air conditioned gyms are for girls and geriatrics. 

Hard to find a really good gym in the Philippines. The nice ones are over priced and have too much ancillary crap. When I first joined a Fitness First they had a soda fountain in the lobby. That was a  big selling point. Huh, WTF? OK so they eventually got rid of that.

Even when you find a good gym be sure to watch yourself because nobody (mostly locals) seems to understand the simple courtesy of putting weights back where they belong. I have a few pics I've taken over the years that I put on Facebore or sent to mates of mine to show them the childish shit I had to deal with at my gym. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post a few. This is inconvenient and annoying at best - but it can be dangerous! 

Edited by Monsoon
Journeyer

nobody (mostly locals) seems to understand the simple courtesy of putting weights back where they belong.

Or toweling off the equipment they just used.

Anyone who likes "developing" gyms should check out the one in Pasil, has a nice poster on the wall.

53s14ws.jpg

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Or toweling off the equipment they just used.

Dont think Ive ever seen one local clean up after themselves in the gym.

I work out with a trainer here twice a week and despite them always heading towards the disinfectant and towel dispenser for me, I always insist on cleaning up my own mess. 

It is a nation of children...

not sure bout that to be honest - i mean as a natural bodybuilder I do the vast majority of my exercised due to my program with free weights and indeed iron is all you need.

But all the shout imediately that ''fancy'' gyms are for pussies - dunno about that.

For instance the AC-thing:

It is marginal, but indeed without AC your central nerv system gets pushed even more (cause of more exhaustion) and if you have a tough program then this might reduce marginally your energy and could have negative impact on progress - as said, that only a marginal poient and nothing to worry bout - so if you prefer old school gyms, ho ahead^^

But to instantly shout out, that ''fancy'' gyms are for pussies reminds me always of some lower-quality ego-driven bodybuilding forums which I sometimes still visit to have a laugh xD

no offense, though^^

Hard to find a really good gym in the Philippines. The nice ones are over priced and have too much ancillary crap. When I first joined a Fitness First they had a soda fountain in the lobby. That was a  big selling point. Huh, WTF? OK so they eventually got rid of that.

Even when you find a good gym be sure to watch yourself because nobody (mostly locals) seems to understand the simple courtesy of putting weights back where they belong.

here i need to agree unfortunately - no real gym ettiquets here, for hte most part - but yeah, not the end of the world..

I have a few pics I've taken over the years that I put on Facebore or sent to mates of mine to show them the childish shit I had to deal with at my gym. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post a few. This is inconvenient and annoying at best - but it can be dangerous! 

b7335920

not sure bout that to be honest - i mean as a natural bodybuilder I do the vast majority of my exercised due to my program with free weights and indeed iron is all you need.

But all the shout imediately that ''fancy'' gyms are for pussies - dunno about that.

For instance the AC-thing:

It is marginal, but indeed without AC your central nerv system gets pushed even more (cause of more exhaustion) and if you have a tough program then this might reduce marginally your energy and could have negative impact on progress - as said, that only a marginal poient and nothing to worry bout - so if you prefer old school gyms, ho ahead^^

But to instantly shout out, that ''fancy'' gyms are for pussies reminds me always of some lower-quality ego-driven bodybuilding forums which I sometimes still visit to have a laugh xD

no offense, though^^

Even when you find a good gym be sure to watch yourself because nobody (mostly locals) seems to understand the simple courtesy of putting weights back where they belong.

here i need to agree unfortunately - no real gym ettiquets here, for hte most part - but yeah, not the end of the world..

I have a few pics I've taken over the years that I put on Facebore or sent to mates of mine to show them the childish shit I had to deal with at my gym. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post a few. This is inconvenient and annoying at best - but it can be dangerous! 

well there has to be some new expat  to cebu that might appreciate the location and 24 hour option of anytime fitness.I run daily so that treadmill was a life saver if you dont wanna dodge jeepnies....the track(forget the name))being the only option.And if your a walker or runner,dont want to go outside,and get up early,this place is ok.Im not a 'gymrat"myself,but enjoyed the convenience and it was mostly empty early in the mornings

mistaeric

Metro Gym on Salinas st is not bad for P1500 a month. Got basketball court there for my urge to relive my younger years!

Goetz1965

Theres a huge gym in Cebu City Sports center too - entry is 10php for the area - but I dont know how much the monthly cost is.
Ofcourse you dont have aircon and showers - but you are with lots of friendly philippinos :)

I love old style, not really into fancy gyms. I use one in Balamban, small, no AC, sweaty and full of heavy metal just waiting for me to smash it around. Owner is a nice guy too, helpful and chatty.

The one in the poblacion or the one in Arpili?

Metro Gym on Salinas st is not bad for P1500 a month. Got basketball court there for my urge to relive my younger years!

Ask the front desk for any special promos, i bought my 12 month membership for 7500php, that was August 2015, they also offered it for 9000php for boxing class and that came with 12 months free use of the gym too. Pretty good value for the money, friendly staff, free use of lockers and shower and steam room.