riklynbor

Has anybody on this forum used Epoxy Resin in their homes instead of tiles?

I know what your thinking lol here comes Rik with another crazy brain idea hehehehe.

post-14249-0-15334100-1463462874_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
sugbu777

My son-in-law has used this in his house in Guam. However, he is an epoxy expert. Does anyone in the Cebu area know of anyone that would have the expertise to do this type of job?

riklynbor

I will do it myself if I can find the product. There is not much I cannot do if I set my mind to it.

• Like 1
RogerDat

How slippery is it, can U use it outdoors?

M.C.A.

Billy nice house, floor looks good.  I like the concrete roof also, similar to Guam, that's next on my wish list, getting tired of wooden and steel roofs.

Edited by M.C.A.
billy

How slippery is it, can U use it outdoors?

I wouldnt use it outside unless you added something to it, maybe sand i dont know

Oz Jon

can U use it outdoors?

I don't know about this epoxy floor product, but in general, epoxy doesn't like UV.

That's why epoxy boats are usually painted with 2-part polyurethane paint - that can handle UV.

Oz Jon

My son-in-law has used this in his house in Guam. However, he is an epoxy expert. Does anyone in the Cebu area know of anyone that would have the expertise to do this type of job?

That floor finish is so smooth that I think it must be one of those very thin liquid products that you just pour on to the floor, spread them out a bit, then they spread out everywhere by themselves (self leveling).

You would need to be very certain that your floor was pretty level before using it! ( or build dams at the doorways! - Lol!)

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1
RogerDat

I GOOGLED it, said if floor has a moisture problem, might cause it to lift, but second floor I would not think that would be a problem.

For my patio, I probably need to skim coat it,

smokey

seen it used in oregon they first speread small pebbles and then over coat with the resin looks pretty good

riklynbor

I wouldnt use it outside unless you added something to it, maybe sand i dont know

It's not sand but a non slip agent.

That floor finish is so smooth that I think it must be one of those very thin liquid products that you just pour on to the floor, spread them out a bit, then they spread out everywhere by themselves (self leveling).

You would need to be very certain that your floor was pretty level before using it! ( or build dams at the doorways! - Lol!)

Yes it is self leveling. And the floor needs to be close to perfect.

Just look up epoxy resin flooring installation on YouTube.

I GOOGLED it, said if floor has a moisture problem, might cause it to lift, but second floor I would not think that would be a problem.

For my patio, I probably need to skim coat it,

Its ok if you put down a moisture barrier first.

riklynbor

So many things you can do with it.

I found a local supplier primer P720 a gallon top coat P1300 a gallon

post-14249-0-83558500-1463541756.jpg

post-14249-0-11311400-1463541785.jpg

post-14249-0-94715000-1463541805_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
Kreole

I will do it myself if I can find the product. There is not much I cannot do if I set my mind to it.

Good luck with that!  Whereas you have the right attitude, unless it is backed up by experience and skill, your project may end in disaster.  The application of resin is not a slam dunk.  I was in the construction trade for 40 years and learned just about all the professional skills.  However, there are a number of skills that I leave to the experts, such as drywall application and finishing.  Sure, I can do it, but not as fast or skillful as the pros, and it would be a serious effort to have it turn well.  For me it is not worth the effort unless I just want to prove to myself I am up to the challenge, and then I will have to live with the results.  A fukup in resin application is a major FUKUP, and will cost you in time and money to correct.

• Like 2
riklynbor

Well that's me and my lovely wife we decided to do it ourselves. We know its a gamble but we are willing to take the risk. I to have been in the construction trade and am a Jack of all trades. But luckily God blessed me with a great set of hands and a good brain and I am very determined and have the persistence and patience to do anything. Sadly my health is failing me but I'm still fighting.

I'm going to level the floors first with my laser set up and self leveling compound. Preparation is half the job sometimes more than half. I strive at learning new things. I have pain screaming in my head writing this and it sucks.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

• Like 2