Sign in to follow this  
Haxton

Need a car repair service with homeservice

Haxton

Well i had actually left my condo and it died a few blocks down the road. They sent 2 men out on a motorcycle with a battery and a test meter. They got the engine started and I drove to the shop. Turned out my alternator was bad. I had been there several times, so maybe it helped that they knew me.

Sent using TapaTalk, so forgive any spelling mistakes...

hehe, that is exactly the assumption of the mechanic who I have found now and who is willing to offer homeservice..

If it will get done properly, I can of course recommend him within this thread if some users here would be interested...

Edited by Haxton

Haxton

Hehe^^

Guess was right - indeed the alternator must be fixed.

But still what a hazzle - turned out that in the process of me not been able to turn on my car now for the past 10 days, my newly bought car-battery (3 months old) cannot be recharged anymore and carbattery seems to be defect - so will likely need to get a new one (shop was closed today...).

Jeez, what a hazzle - maybe i should really just sell this car as it turned out that I actually hardly use it and not really necessarily would need it...

hazzle hazzle^^

Jawny

I had an experience similar to this with a car in Germany. The battery started to seem low in power so I replaced it. Brand new battery and it also began to seem drained. Starting was the clue as the engine would just barely turn over, but start.

Even so I took a short trip to visit a friend and while on the autobahn the car simply stopped running.

My friend came to assist and called ADAC, the German equivalent of AAA. The ADAC help can pulled up and in less than two minutes discovered the problem. The alternator brushes had worn so low that they didn't provide any current. So, I had been running on battery power, exclusively.

Believe it or not, he had the brushes and installed them and I was on my way.

I would be willing to wager that is what your issue is. New brushes, new battery and you're off to the races.

Haxton

I had an experience similar to this with a car in Germany. The battery started to seem low in power so I replaced it. Brand new battery and it also began to seem drained. Starting was the clue as the engine would just barely turn over, but start.

Even so I took a short trip to visit a friend and while on the autobahn the car simply stopped running.

My friend came to assist and called ADAC, the German equivalent of AAA. The ADAC help can pulled up and in less than two minutes discovered the problem. The alternator brushes had worn so low that they didn't provide any current. So, I had been running on battery power, exclusively.

Believe it or not, he had the brushes and installed them and I was on my way.

I would be willing to wager that is what your issue is. New brushes, new battery and you're off to the races.

Yeah, I think your suspiscion is very right - it is basically also the same what the mechanic told me...

Still sucks that I need to run around and buy only 3 months after i bought a brandnew bat, again a new one..

but yeah, thats life and within a bigger picture obviously not a big deal...

Haxton

Update:

Car is fixed now and I really can recommend the company ''Excel-Lance'', located in Mandaue.

They are offering homeservice and are very professional and reliable.

Always in time on appointment and really do a competent job.

• Like 3

Scotsbloke

Car is fixed now and I really can recommend the company ''Excel-Lance'', located in Mandaue.

Good news!  Seeing as we have heaps of 'customer service is shite' threads then post the guys' phone number and any web site they have.

• Like 1

Headshot

Update:

Do you have contact and location information  on Excel-Lance? If it was already given, I somehow missed it.

Haxton

Do you have contact and location information  on Excel-Lance? If it was already given, I somehow missed it.

I have only provided the name so that people can make their own researches on the phone-contact and location (or pm me) because I do not know if according to the forum-rules it is all right to post details of a recommendation (might be seen as advertisement)...

RogerDuMond

Locked original problem solved

Headshot

I have only provided the name so that people can make their own researches on the phone-contact and location (or pm me) because I do not know if according to the forum-rules it is all right to post details of a recommendation (might be seen as advertisement)...

Haxton, References to good businesses that provide essential services are exactly why the "Where to Find - Services" Forum was started n the first place. I have moved the topic into the forum, so that others can benefit from this experience. Now, please give us that contact information. Unless you have a financial interest in the company that you refer, it is NOT advertising. References to good providers and businesses are always welcome.

Locked original problem solved

Roger, I unlocked the topic and placed it in the "Where to Find - Services" Forum, where it should have been in the first place. Topics like this come up over and over again, and never wear out their welcome. Someone else will undoubtedly need the same information at some point. Sorry that I was remiss in my duties in not moving the topic to the correct forum sooner. I've been a bit preoccupied lately.

bkkmarlowe

I need to run around and buy only 3 months after i bought a brandnew bat, again a new one.

Haxton, you may possibly be able to get a NEW replacement battery for FREE if the old one is under warranty.

It depends on the manufacturer's policy, but I purchased a new MOTORLITE battery in Cebu, which stopped functioning after a few months. The Motorlite people tested it overnight at their workshop in Mandaue and found that it would not charge up.

They immediately gave me a NEW replacement battery, delivered to my home and installed in my car... all free of charge.

• Like 2

RogerDuMond

Roger, I unlocked the topic and placed it in the "Where to Find - Services" Forum, where it should have been in the first place.

Or you could have just pinned it.

Goetz1965

Usually if you have a extra insurance for your car (not the basic one that comes with LTO registration) you have towing service included in your insurance !!

Haxton

Hey!

Contact of the requested company:

Name: Excel-Lance

contact-number: +63 9228352623

Location: h.franco building, m.c. briones street tipolo, Mandaue City

@bkkmarlowe:
Yes, in fact they have replaced my bat for free without any issues since it was under warranty.

• Like 2