Sign in to follow this  
Haxton

Need a car repair service with homeservice

Haxton

Hi!

Since yesterday I cannot turn my car anymore on.

Battery is brandnew, so maybe the wiring of the battery is suboptimal.

But yeah, I cant bring my car to a mechanic shop and hence I need a repair shop with home service.

Can anyone recommend to me a solid contact?

Best Regards,

Haxton

Woolf

Could be a good idea to mention what area you are in

does the lights come on ?

does the starter motor turn ?

• Like 4

Haxton

ah yeah sry  - Im located in Lahug.

- no, the lights do not come on anymore - so there is no connection (likely a battery-wiring-issue)

- no, it does not turn on - or I dont know to be honest - it makes a click-sound, but thats all - nothing more happens - no lights, no other sound, no electrical connection.

shadow

ah yeah sry  - Im located in Lahug.

- no, the lights do not come on anymore - so there is no connection (likely a battery-wiring-issue)

- no, it does not turn on - or I dont know to be honest - it makes a click-sound, but thats all - nothing more happens - no lights, no other sound, no electrical connection.

It might be something as simple as a loose or corroded battery terminal. Check your battery terminals, clean/tighten as necessary.

• Like 2

Woolf

It might be something as simple as a loose or corroded battery terminal. Check your battery terminals, clean/tighten as necessary.

Or  a someone forgot to turn the lights off

• Like 2

Buko Beach

Hi!

Since yesterday I cannot turn my car anymore on.

Battery is brandnew, so maybe the wiring of the battery is suboptimal.

But yeah, I cant bring my car to a mechanic shop and hence I need a repair shop with home service.

Can anyone recommend to me a solid contact?

Best Regards,

Haxton

Did you dial 166?

roadhaze

It sounds like some one left the lights on. The clicking is either low battery or dirty, loose terminal connections. My daughter has turned my lights on twice now. Have to pull battery and have it recharged. I try to keep my doors shut now. ha ha

• Like 2

hitman

Do the simplest and cheapest things first unless you have money to burn...

1. Retighten the 2 battery cables

then try to start.

2. Do you have a voltmeter, should measure around 12v I think. If not, dead battery.

3. Have a friend try jump starting your car.

(I once paid p100 to a passing taxi to

jump start my car).

3. If none of the above work, could be lots of things starting w/ a dead battery.

I'm not a mechanic so feel free to rip me a new one again people, it's the way it is here

Salty Dog

RoadStar on Juan Luna Avenue isn't far from you.    32-232-9893

I had them come out and check mine once when it was dead.

Only cost a few hundred peso.

• Like 2

Haxton

I know already that it is very very likely not a big deal and likely just the wiring of the battery is lil off.

But still I need someone and cannot do the suggested things myself because as sad it is to admit, I can drive, but other than this I can't do with cars even the simplest stuff.

Or  a someone forgot to turn the lights off

hehe, but nope^^

Did you dial 166?

is this a level or serious?

Is it is serious, no offense - I just do not know this number and hence an explaintation of what it is, would be nice.

Haxton

Do the simplest and cheapest things first unless you have money to burn...

or unless as already said, you just happen to be a car-tech-noob.

Like me as a top  3% math-master-degree-graduate. cannot imagine how other people do not get (for me) simple math stuff - but that is a projection from my own reality on other people.

same like most carholders cannot imagine to not do simple check ups yourself - but unfortunately thats the reality for me and hence time is gold for me , I do not wanna educate here myself cause as said, time is gold and it would create opportunity costs..

1. Retighten the 2 battery cables

then try to start.

2. Do you have a voltmeter, should measure around 12v I think. If not, dead battery.

3. Have a friend try jump starting your car.

(I once paid p100 to a passing taxi to

jump start my car).

3. If none of the above work, could be lots of things starting w/ a dead battery.

I'm not a mechanic so feel free to rip me a new one again people, it's the way it is here

RoadStar on Juan Luna Avenue isn't far from you.    32-232-9893

I had them come out and check mine once when it was dead.

Only cost a few hundred peso.

thanks a lot man!

I will call them and try it out!

• Like 1

Salty Dog

thanks a lot man!

I will call them and try it out!

I used to work with a guy named Jason...

• Like 1

RogerDat

Is not 166 the emergency number?

Haxton

I used to work with a guy named Jason...

bah, for me they do not offer homeservice:(

but your advice is still at least something cause they at least could organaize for 1.5k php a truck to bring my car to their station..

so thats better than nothing.

Salty Dog

bah, for me they do not offer homeservice:(

but your advice is still at least something cause they at least could organaize for 1.5k php a truck to bring my car to their station..

so thats better than nothing.

Well i had actually left my condo and it died a few blocks down the road. They sent 2 men out on a motorcycle with a battery and a test meter. They got the engine started and I drove to the shop. Turned out my alternator was bad. I had been there several times, so maybe it helped that they knew me.

Sent using TapaTalk, so forgive any spelling mistakes...