Sign in to follow this  
SumDumJoe

Cebu City Hotels for Two Nights with Kids

SumDumJoe

Hello to everyone,

My wife wants to take a trip to Cebu to get some rice bags printed up for our rice farm. We are going to be in Cebu for two nights end of May beginning of June. We will have our two boys with us ages 13 and 15. 

Can anyone recommend a hotel near a large shopping mall in the 2500 Php and under range, preferably with breakfast? I plan to get two rooms one for the boys and one for us. It doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and hopefully quiet. 

And one final condition is a bar in the hotel. The wife usually lets me drink when we are on "vacation" provided I don't have to leave the hotel. 

• Like 1

contraman

holiday plaza hotel cebu

• Like 2

Enuff

Here are 3 that I have stayed at and would stay at all of them again, Wellcome is personal favorite because of balcony for smoking

search dates on agoda.com 05/31 - 06/02 (2 nights)

Mandarin Plaza Hotel - pool, free breakfast, bar open until midnight

2 single beds (boys) p2313 per night including taxes

1 double bed(you/wife) p2643 per night including taxes

total cost p9913

200 meters to Ayala Mall through jeepney terminal

Golden Prince Hotel - free breakfast, no pool, not sure about bar

2 superior rooms p2452 per night including taxes

total cost p9808

500 meters to Ayala Mall through jeepney terminal

Wellcome Hotel - free breakfast, small pool & balcony rooms good for smokers, not sure about bar but sit outside on deck drinking beer & smoking all day is allowed

2 deluxe rooms p2160 per night including taxes

total cost p8640

500 meters to Ayala Mall through jeepney terminal

Untitled.png

Edited by Enuff
  • Like 5

Highlighter

I have stayed at the Wellcome Hotel a couple of times. I find it to be great value for money. The breakfast whilst not lavish is generally more than adequate. Close to Ayala, relatively inexpensive.

Mikala

Also note that the Golden Prince has rooms with a kitchen available.

Clarification on accessing Ayala Mall from Mandarin Plaza and Golden Prince. Going through the jeepney terminal is not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

miles-high

Stayed there a few times, you need a car to Ayala or SM but the rooms were nice and clean… a restaurant ran by an excellent Belgian chef but that was 3 or 4 years ago… I do not know how they are these days…

http://alpacitysuites.com/rooms

jtmwatchbiz

along with the other suggestions i will add The Vacation Hotel in capitol area.  it's relatively cheap at around 1800p and has a nice secluded back yard area with a pool to keep the kids and wife entertained.

• Like 2

Goetz1965

Baywater Hotel direct next to SM City - very clean and good price. 

• Like 1

bert

kiwilodge is familay orientad family rooms has good food good bar  10 minutes to sm same to peir google kiwi for info

SumDumJoe

Thanks to everybody for their input. I went ahead and booked us at the Mandarin Palace. One of the members here lived there for a year. I figured it must be pretty good if someone stayed there for a year. 

Any recommendations for lunch dinner at the Ayala Center? We love and miss Indian and Sushi. 

Enuff

Thanks to everybody for their input. I went ahead and booked us at the Mandarin Palace. One of the members here lived there for a year. I figured it must be pretty good if someone stayed there for a year. 

Any recommendations for lunch dinner at the Ayala Center? We love and miss Indian and Sushi. 

Ayala has everything............... its like a fitness club.

I can lose 2 kg just trying to locate a certain store.

You will find just about everything in the all and much more you never even heard about.

• Like 2

contraman

You will find just about everything in the all and much more you never even heard about.

Yes and all at about twice the price and more of anywhere else :idontknow:

• Like 3

Mikala

Thanks to everybody for their input. I went ahead and booked us at the Mandarin Palace. One of the members here lived there for a year. I figured it must be pretty good if someone stayed there for a year

Be careful of the bath/ shower at Mandarin Plaza. It's insanely slippery. I stayed there several days a few years back. They provided a non skid bath mat, but it didn't help.

They also promised wireless internet, but it wasn't available during my several day stay due to lack of parts that were "on order from Manila". I offered to help them find available parts to repair their service and get them sent on the next plane down, but they refused my kind offer of assistance.

S&R has a food outlet there.

The Suite Room is good but pricey.

Italianni's is good too.

Good sushi is available at IT Park, just a short cab ride away. Chibori Shabu-Shabu and Sushi restaurant has (IMHO) the best sushi in Cebu. I say this after having lived in and visited Japan over a hundred times... :)

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 1

SumDumJoe

Arrrrrrrggggghhh.

My wife just noticed this on the bottom of our reservation for the Mandarin Plaza.

Booking conditions Guest parking Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). Internet No internet access available.

Is it true there is no internet in the hotel?

I never even thought to look at that in today's day and age and the price of the hotel. 

I really hope this is not true. 

Edited by SumDumJoe

SumDumJoe

Just a quick update after our trip. 

The Mandarin Plaza was an excellent choice for us. The rooms were very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good, but could benefit from either an omelette bar or some cold cuts with cheese. The buffet is definitely aimed more at an Asian audience, but good none the less. 

The staff was friendly and helpful and got us checked in quickly even though we were technically there before the official 3 o'clock check in time. I am very happy to report the internet worked good enough in the rooms. It was pretty slow, but fast enough to check emails and research were to eat dinner. 

The location was perfect. We could walk over to the Ayala Center in two or three minutes. We loved the Ayala Center. You could walk a few miles in that place every day and not get bored. Plus tons of good places to eat and loads of stores to browse. 

All in all a good trip. The wife found her rice sacks for half the price she is currently paying, the kids went to the Ayala Center alone for their first independent adventure and I got to drink beer completely unmolested for about 8 hours. Winning all around. 

Edited by SumDumJoe
  • Like 5