Best Health Insurance in Cebu

Sunflower1

Ok...I am looking for the best insurance for me and my kids in Cebu or even not best but the ok one. So what do you all suggest to me...I thank you all in advance.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rep1

• Lee

• Monsoon

• Jawny

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have a heart attack you have to do a lot of hoping.   Hope the people around you recognize this is a medical emergency and know the principals of CPR.   Hope the place you are in has some

That about a weeks stay in the ICU.  You have to take the view that being prepared and insured is the way forward, or you risk the alternative.  If you can afford to self-insure (cover the costs yours

ERUF Ambulance on Mactan 349 2994. Visit them at City Hall area and give them your address / map, and any health issues U have can be a life saver. In Cebu, IT park and Mandaue. Emergency Rescue Unit

Sunflower1

Opps...I should post this under insurance thing...

KennyF

I checked it out just a few months ago and was horified at the cost.

Cheapest for me at over 65 was more than 20,000 per month.

KonC

Sunflower1

I checked it out just a few months ago and was horified at the cost.

Cheapest for me at over 65 was more than 20,000 per month.

KonC

Oh my!
Skywalker

I checked it out just a few months ago and was horified at the cost. Cheapest for me at over 65 was more than 20,000 per month.

That about a weeks stay in the ICU.  You have to take the view that being prepared and insured is the way forward, or you risk the alternative.  If you can afford to self-insure (cover the costs yourself) then that's all good and fine.

I have a friend who recently had a catastrophic stroke in Thailand.  He's been there for 10 years, working at highly paid positions, but no health insurance.  After nearly 2 months in hospital, he is now flat broke, has no cash left and can't even afford to fly to the UK.  His biggest problem was he suffered from ''It will never happen to me syndrome''.

A very common mindset amongst ex-pats in the region.

• Like 4
rep1

Any suggestion? I think I may need this too in addition to my work insurance... starting the payment early is usually good?

A quick search doesn't result in anything foreign. What about international ones such as Allianz? or those offered by credit card / banks? but seems fewer products here.

Semper paratus

Check out Blue Cross Philippines- Now called Pacific Cross.

http://www.bluecross.com.ph/

Also I would sign up for Philhealth as soon as you can. It doesn't cover everything but it is inexpensive.

billy

A+ International ive hadit over three years it covers 8 south east asian countries underwritten by a major insurance company not in the philippines so u can trust them and it works. Its reasonable for very good insurance

rep1

A+ International seems very expensive!

• A+ International, worldwide excluding US/CA, inpatient plan up to $1.35 million, no deduction: $256/mon
  • Allianz, worldwide excluding US, classic inpatient plan up to $1.5 million, cash $205/day, emergency out-patient to $1000, no deduction: $157/mon or €121/mon
  • Blue Cross: no quote
  • Cigna, worldwide excluding US, silver inpatient plan to $1 million, cash $100/day, no deduction: $132/mon or €102/mon
  • Cigna, worldwide excluding US, gold inpatient plan to $2 million, cash $100/day, no deduction: $165/mon or €127/mon
worldwide coverage with US usually cost double than without US...

But how easy is it to fill claims to Allianz or Cigna in Philippines? Anyone tried?

Derick

Iv seen this question pop up over the years and as everyone's circumstances  are relative to there health, age, gender,Race, yes race,

A database of insurers may be a good idea could be compiled by one of the mods, basically to put the URLs of the insurers in to one tread so as individual's could search there for there own requirements.

rep1

Just wondering... why don't you guys use travel insurance which could evacuate and send you right back to first-world hospital for no additional charge?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Just wondering... why don't you guys use travel insurance which could evacuate and send you right back to first-world hospital for no additional charge?

many of us live here and arent travelling