Sign in to follow this  
Angie

sentence word order

Angie

Arrange the words below to form a correct sentence. (Note: You can make at least three sentences with different meanings.)

ANG, SA, IGSOON, MAMA, AKONG, MAESTRA

Have fun!!! :D

Steve

Ang akong mama maestra. (My mother is a teacher)

Lacion Girl
Arrange the words below to form a correct sentence. (Note: You can make at least three sentences with different meanings.)

ANG, SA, IGSOON, MAMA, AKONG, MAESTRA

Have fun!!! :D

ANG IGSOON SA AKONG MAMA MAESTRA - My mothers sister is a teacher

Angie
ANG IGSOON SA AKONG MAMA MAESTRA - My mothers sister is a teacher

Yes, your answer is correct but you can also make other sentences using all the words but with different meanings.

1. Ang igsoon sa akong mama maestra. = My mother's sister is a teacher.

2. Maestra ang mama sa akong igsoon. = This is funny as this implies that the speaker is talking about his/her own mother but this could also mean that the "igsoon" the speaker is talking about is a half-bother or a half-sister whose mother is a teacher and they have the same father. "The mother of my sibling is a teacher."

3. Maestra ang akong igsoon sa mama (igsoon sa inahan). = The speaker is talking about a half-sister who is a teacher. The speaker and the "igsoon" mentioned in the sentence have the same mother. "My maternal half-sister is a teacher."

To all Cebuano language learners, always remember that correct word order in a sentence is very important. Once you misplace one or two words, the meaning of your sentence will change or it will sound funny.

You have to be careful in using the minute words "ang" and "sa" as well. They play a vital role in your sentences.

Compare: Giluto nako sa baboy. = This means that the speaker is talking about something that he used in cooking the

pork. This statement could be a response to a question.

For example: A: Asa ang mantika sa butilya? (Where's the oil in the bottle?)

B: Giluto nako sa baboy. (I used it in cooking the pork)

Giluto nako ang baboy. = This is a simple declarative sentence talking about the speaker cooking the

pork, not the thing that he used in cooking it. (I cooked the pork.)

Paul

Hi Angie,

First, great idea. B)

Second, this is one thing that I make mistakes in, fairly often. That is, word order.

Of course, over itme... :)

Leo

, , , , ,

ANG MAMA AKONG SA IGSOON MAESTRA

"a mother of mine goes to the lagoon to play the piano."

(Don't feel bad those of you who don't have my skill level---my expertise in this language comes from practice)