No-Dollar Importation of Second-Hand Motor Vehicles of Returning Residents/Immigrants

hayabusa

i am a little confused on this as it seems as there would not be no tax or duty with shipping a vehicle into the pi using the No-Dollar Importation of Second-Hand Motor Vehicles of Returning Residents/Immigrants is that true or not ? input from anyone who has shipped a vehicle into the pi using the no dollar importation rule imput would be appreciated (there experience and cost)

Thanks

• Administrator
Dafey

Where did you see the information? Is there a link to it?

Hope you're right that would be great!

hayabusa

Where did you see the information? Is there a link to it?

Hope you're right that would be great!

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/guidelines.pdf

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/notarials/importation-of-certain-items-to-the-philippines

they say it is a No Dollar Importation Program but than further down talk about tax and duty so do not know if that is for the no dollar importation or not 

jtmwatchbiz

just a few days ago one of my inlaws neighbors in guadalupe heights got back from their home in the USA and had a big ass new white mercedes in their driveway with california plates on it.  i asked the son about it and he said no problem and they will either keep it here or bring it back with them when they return to the USA xmas time.  seems like an awful lot of expense and trouble to go thru over a car but they probably have that worked out.  

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
Davaoeno

Anyone who wants to import a vehicle should definitely talk to Smokey/Robert.  he is the only person  I know who was able to do it

I flew to Cebu 3x to meet supposedly connected people, and met with the Customs Collector in Davao but finally gave up 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Maybe it is "no dollar" but there are definitely pesos involved!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
miles-high

seems like an awful lot of expense and trouble to go thru over a car but they probably have that worked out

A new MB which is about $74,000 in the US costs about $110,000 from an authorized dealer here in NCR so you can save quite a bit if you can bring one next X-mas time, duty free... :D

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 2
smokey

NO dollar ha ha ha ha ..... Unless its a vett or a 911 whale tale  its a waste of time using some creative hocus pocus I was able to bring a older corvette under that program ... The law has changed and today you will pay in TAX and fee its equal value ... car valued at 20,000 us expect to pay 1 million peso in FEE plus if the car is admired by someone and they want to get it say thru the auction of abandoned property you will need a high placed friend and that means  higher then Cebu .... the trick is the paperwork takes 6 weeks if all goes well but the law says any cargo sitting on the dock after 30 days is considered abandoned ... now if you thinking I know a guy who knows a guy who can get my cargo released fast ... yes indeed but try to sell some day said car or register said car  

• Like 5
hayabusa

NO dollar ha ha ha ha ..... Unless its a vett or a 911 whale tale  its a waste of time using some creative hocus pocus I was able to bring a older corvette under that program ... The law has changed and today you will pay in TAX and fee its equal value ... car valued at 20,000 us expect to pay 1 million peso in FEE plus if the car is admired by someone and they want to get it say thru the auction of abandoned property you will need a high placed friend and that means  higher then Cebu .... the trick is the paperwork takes 6 weeks if all goes well but the law says any cargo sitting on the dock after 30 days is considered abandoned ... now if you thinking I know a guy who knows a guy who can get my cargo released fast ... yes indeed but try to sell some day said car or register said car  

Thanks for killing my dream lol i knew it sounded to good to be true just wishful thinking. they should change what they call it, no dollar  but lots of peso 

smokey

Thanks for killing my dream lol i knew it sounded to good to be true just wishful thinking. they should change what they call it, no dollar  but lots of peso 

well would i do it again NO ....  

hayabusa

sounds like your at there mercy through out the whole process and hope you do not loose your vehicle for good, have a dodge ram 3500 4x4 cummins laramie would love to take to ormorc i would not mind paying the 1 million peso but would be scared to loose the truck to custom's

smokey

sounds like your at there mercy through out the whole process and hope you do not loose your vehicle for good, have a dodge ram 3500 4x4 cummins laramie would love to take to ormorc i would not mind paying the 1 million peso but would be scared to loose the truck to custom's

what is the low blue book of the truck and that be the tax ....

hayabusa

what is the low blue book of the truck and that be the tax ....

its a 2010 when i got it new paid over $70,000.00 books out now at low $35,000.00  high is $42,000.00 how much total do you think besides the tax i would be looking at to get it over ? is there any discount on any of it since my wife has been out of the country for more than a year ?

thanks Smokey

Edited by hayabusa