Sign in to follow this  
littlejohn

Bohol inexpensive trip?

MikeC

At the Hennan Beach Resort on my villa porch at the moment - really, really nice place and beach is excellent. Service however for the price I am paying is shockingly poor. I would recommend finding another resort on the same beach.

Arsene

Low cost trip?

- take a ferry/fastcraft from Cebu to Tubigon instead of Tagbilaran

- take a Southern Star bus (= Ceres on Bohol). I guess you can get off the bus on places you want to visit and take the next bus using the same ticket to complete your trip?

- don't visit THE Chocolat Hills in Carmen (crowded, touristic, no free sight on top coz of the structure covering the stairway) but get off the bus near Sagbayan where you have as many identical "virginal" hills. Some very close to the road (just next to the cracked one, dammaged coz of the earthquake) you can climb it easily and on top you have an amazing 360° FREE view on 30 40 other hills and no tourists at all.

- about lodgement. A lot to be found on internet and better to make a choice, depending on your places to visit, i think

- the Loboc river tour is ok. A bit "mass touristic". 1 hour cruise and for me the food (buffet) was ok. Included in the price of the ticket. (450 php).

- if the busdriver agrees, make also a stop in the "Manmade Forest" (in Bilar, between Loboc and Carmen). A very exciting refreshing experience coz af the shade of the huge mahogany trees. Temperature like being in an airconned mall :) Also here, on the only open space next to the road : (almost) no tourist at all.

- you like not crowded beaches? In Anda (SE coast) there are wonderfull very white beaches. A lot of simple but nice resorts. No mass tourism like in Alona. But... bit far (so expensive) to reach...

• Like 1

rep1

the van/car drives too fast.

also DON'T go down the boat in Loboc river tour after they stop near some aboriginal-like place - they'd remove all your plates, then you'd be unable to eat anything. Nothing to see at that place anyway, too tiny, unless you want to buy gifts. It's not worthy for taking photos with snake on you - you can do that in Cebu zoo without being charged P100.

• Like 1

lijaceybupee

My wife really wants to visit Bohol before we leave the Philippines and its her birthday so... Does anyone have any specific advice on a low cost trip? Were considering a 3 day two night package but would like to go cheaper if practical. Really need to save our money for the trip to the US. Getting there isn't an issue we aren't that far away and boats aren't that expensive.

Wouldn't mind a one day tour but really we like to spend time together alone so private out of the way places and motorcycle rental is the best bet. She really wants to see the chocolate hills so a good tour of that would be a good idea. If the river tour is inexpensive she has shown interest in that as well.

I would personally recommend checking out Dumaluan Beach resort in Panglao Island, although it basically takes a bit of a ride to get there, the location is really worth it. Very serene and private, and the beach front is really nice, clean, and powdery. It's practically just beside Bohol Beach club but with cheaper rates. The breakfast is good enough and the food is nice. There's also a nearby, cheaper option to dine in if you find the hotel meals pricey, which can be limiting.

However getting around you'll be needing transportation so just keep an eye on this. Happy hunting!

• Like 1