Sign in to follow this  
littlejohn

Bohol inexpensive trip?

littlejohn

My wife really wants to visit Bohol before we leave the Philippines and its her birthday so... Does anyone have any specific advice on a low cost trip? Were considering a 3 day two night package but would like to go cheaper if practical. Really need to save our money for the trip to the US. Getting there isn't an issue we aren't that far away and boats aren't that expensive.

Wouldn't mind a one day tour but really we like to spend time together alone so private out of the way places and motorcycle rental is the best bet. She really wants to see the chocolate hills so a good tour of that would be a good idea. If the river tour is inexpensive she has shown interest in that as well.

Enuff

depends on you

you can stay just about anywhere for p800 night in a fan room, p1200 for cheap aircon room of p2500 for quality resort.

i believe r/t supercat is arpund p1000 per person.

if you stay around alona beach area you will find many restaurants, some on the beach very expensive and some on the road where locals each cheaper. Alona also has many tours and many prices, best to let wife negotiate.

• Like 1

shadow

My wife really wants to visit Bohol before we leave the Philippines and its her birthday so... Does anyone have any specific advice on a low cost trip? Were considering a 3 day two night package but would like to go cheaper if practical. Really need to save our money for the trip to the US. Getting there isn't an issue we aren't that far away and boats aren't that expensive.

Wouldn't mind a one day tour but really we like to spend time together alone so private out of the way places and motorcycle rental is the best bet. She really wants to see the chocolate hills so a good tour of that would be a good idea. If the river tour is inexpensive she has shown interest in that as well.

If you are into native places, Nuts Huts sounds like it may suit you. On the river right below the falls, where the river tour ends. Great food, good people, neat place. 

http://www.nutshuts.org/

• Like 4

woodchopper

try "hope homes" pension house,,not far from alona and free motorbike

"calypso resort" nearby,,same deal with pool too

Edited by woodchopper
  • Like 6

woodchopper

dumaguete better IMO,,i go there again 2moro

Monsoon

hope homes

Was my first thought when reading the OP and would be my suggestion as well.

• Like 1

littlejohn

Shadow: Nuts Huts doesent sound very private but thanks.

Wood: Looking into hope Homes and Calypso. As for Dumagete we have been though there a few times but never stayed longer than overnight, the wife has never seen the Chocolate Hills and its been on her bucket list a long time. Wouldn't mind seeing them once myself.

woodchopper

i think calypso got website? not sure on hope homes,,both places give u serviceable motorbikes which are a handy item given they are maybe 1-2km down the track from alona,,,,,,,,,,ENJOY!

Edited by woodchopper

littlejohn

Found Hope Homes website. Says it has new owners since Dec. http://hopehomes-danao.com/en/home/

Found a Facebook page for Calypso still looking

Edited by littlejohn

littlejohn

Some time back their was a guy on here that lived there was talking about out of the way places on the island anyone remember who that was? I think its been a while. Tried to search the forums and didn't find anything.

Edited by littlejohn

Willyv2b

I recommend Matig-a pension house. I've stayed there twice and booked thru agoda. I would recommend dumaluan beach over alona beach if you are into the beach thing. Dumaluan does cost to get in and it's like 50 pesos with parking.

Fastcraft costed me 800 pesos for each person round-trip. Just be careful around the pier for thieves is what the locals warned me.

Edited by Willyv2b

littlejohn

The only website I found for Calypso. http://www.philippins.info/cottages.html

The website is kinda pathetic but the resort actually looks nicer and cheaper than Hope Homes. Just cant find a lot of info about it other than the booking sites which cant be trusted of course.

My wife found this self planned tour she wants to do that one day.

http://selfplannedtrip.com/travel-blog/bohol-tour/

shadow

Shadow: Nuts Huts doesent sound very private but thanks.

Wood: Looking into hope Homes and Calypso. As for Dumagete we have been though there a few times but never stayed longer than overnight, the wife has never seen the Chocolate Hills and its been on her bucket list a long time. Wouldn't mind seeing them once myself.

LOL, and you think Alona Beach and/or a pension house is private? Nuts Huts is where we go on Bohol to get away from people.

• Like 1

woodchopper

thats a rooly rude name shadow,,he might be a fine upstanding gentlemanz like moi?,,,,,,, :yahoo:

• Like 1

Headshot

My wife and I like Dumaluan Beach Resort on Panglao. It isn't really fancy, but it is nice and has a good beach. They have WIFI, a pool, a restaurant and a small dive shop. Mostly, though, they have ready access to clean water and clean beach right there at the resort, so you don't have to travel between where you stay and where you play. Compared to other beach resorts on Panglao, it is very inexpensive, but I don't know what your idea of inexpensive is, so I can't say if the price is right. You won't see a lot of expats there. It is mostly Filipinos vacationing there. Anyway, check it out, and see if it might fit the bill for you.

http://dumaluanbeach.com/

Discounters, such as expedia.com and booking.com also advertise special prices for them.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1