Sign in to follow this  
State Trooper

Balikbayan box pilfered

TheWhiteKnight

Yes, Luzon (Manila/Angeles/Subic) was always relatively fast and cheap - when you start needing several legs of delivery in the PH, shit starts to break down. 

Yeah probably the longer it stays in country the more chance of pilfering.

State Trooper

Have you made any progress contacting Majarocon or made a decision about using them for future shipping? My Uncle is also in West County and I was looking for a shipper he could use. 

In addition to Majarocon I found Pearl of the Orient Express http://www.pearloftheorientexpress.com/ and found that StarKargo http://star-kargo.com/ (that Smokey has a good experience with) has an agent in Florissant phone number listed.

Majarocon apologized but wouldnt accept blame and never offered anything more than "sorry". We used Pearl of the Orient before but the service was awful, they would say they would deliver an empty box but never show up, when my family bought a box from Uhaul and packed it, they would take weeks to pick it up. Im not sure Pearl is still operating. Ive heard bad things about starkargo from others on this site. We will continue to use Majarocon but will place tamper tape on the box and when its delivered if the tape has been cut, we will open it with the deliver person present and with a copy of the "contents of shipment" to compare whats missing

• Like 1

Cipro

I don't want to pimp anyone out but I've had 100% (albeit slow) success with manila-forwarder. 

AlwaysRt

We will continue to use Majarocon but will place tamper tape on the box and when its delivered if the tape has been cut, we will open it with the deliver person present and with a copy of the "contents of shipment" to compare whats missing

Thanks, I will follow your trail and point my uncle to Majarocon and a tamper taped box.

JamesMusslewhite

Majarocon apologized but wouldnt accept blame and never offered anything more than "sorry". We used Pearl of the Orient before but the service was awful, they would say they would deliver an empty box but never show up, when my family bought a box from Uhaul and packed it, they would take weeks to pick it up. Im not sure Pearl is still operating. Ive heard bad things about starkargo from others on this site. We will continue to use Majarocon but will place tamper tape on the box and when its delivered if the tape has been cut, we will open it with the deliver person present and with a copy of the "contents of shipment" to compare whats missing

I believe Forex is the best BB service operating out of the US. They have their own distribution and warehousing, internet tracking service, We needed the address changed and they gave us the warehouse number where we were able to successful do this and they take a photo of the receiving party and mail it to the sender along with confirmation it was delivered. over 60 boxes during the last 10 years and never a problem.

http://forexworld.us/forex-balikbayan-box-shipping/

Edited by JamesMusslewhite

AlwaysRt

I believe Forex is the best BB service operating out of the US

Could be but pretty sure my uncle won't be volunteering to make an eight hour round trip to drop off a box to them as the nearest office to St Louis seems to be Indianapolis. Saint Louis Missouri is the originating shipping point we are looking for a good shipper from.

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

Could be but pretty sure my uncle won't be volunteering to make an eight hour round trip to drop off a box to them as the nearest office to St Louis seems to be Indianapolis. Saint Louis Missouri is the originating shipping point we are looking for a good shipper from.

is their distribution offices. Most Asian grocery stores and Filipino stores and restaurants will have Bakilbayan boxes. If you contact their office they can usually help connect you with a location which has their boxes nearest to you. You simply pick up the box(s) and drop them off at the same location, some even drive to your location and will pick up your finished boxes if you have volume. There could also be other satellite offices not listed on the website. Still worth a call if not just for the piece of mind. In the years on this forum and in the many topics about Balikbayan boxes I have never heard complaints or problems with Forex boxes..

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

is their distribution offices. Most Asian grocery stores and Filipino stores and restaurants will have Bakilbayan boxes. If you contact their office they can usually help connect you with a location which has their boxes nearest to you. You simply pick up the box(s) and drop them off at the same location, some even drive to your location and will pick up your finished boxes if you have volume. There could also be other satellite offices not listed on the website. Still worth a call if not just for the piece of mind. In the years on this forum and in the many topics about Balikbayan boxes I have never heard complaints or problems with Forex boxes..

True most have just a pinoy and his garage, then once a month they drive them up to where they need to go. The one that picks up mine, he says we are wasting our money since they aren't heavy enough. These boxes are heavy as hell so he must really have people using the system.

• Like 1