Balikbayan box pilfered

RedRanger

did not even unpack it from Costco just wrapped tape around it and printed the address   price was based on size of unit... square inches

That a great deal. I may try that

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWhiteKnight

• RedRanger

• State Trooper

• AlwaysRt

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never had a problem, but I always use LBC.  They seem to do a very good job.  Best of luck to you, was it insured?

I've always only used LBC, they have me sign across the seal they put on the box. Then they continue to tape the hell out of it. 

Over the years we have received many BB boxes from family in St Louis, MO usually we get 2 or 3 per year. Last week we received one that had been pilfered. There was no stamps or tape to indicate that

Jester

i used Starkargo to ship 23 boxes and a sweet 55 inch smart TV from costco that cost me 850 us and sells here for 93,000 peso ... cost to ship TV 175 dollars

I got a smoking hot online deal on a 50" TV from Tiger Direct in the US.   Delivered by UPS. When turned on there was kinda a picture but it was  like you took a deck of cards slid sideways. I called claims and no problem, I had to send a picture of it and the rep told me the TV had been dropped and that it was a common problem.

Returned on their dime and a fast refund.        What you gonna do in the PI's?                  Jim

David Spicer

2007 to 2014 not a single problem. A little over a year ago US Customs opened my box, it then took 3 months to get to me, and a $400 camera was missing. I got the camera box, but no camera. I haven't had a box sent since.

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

2007 to 2014 not a single problem. A little over a year ago US Customs opened my box, it then took 3 months to get to me, and a $400 camera was missing. I got the camera box, but no camera. I haven't had a box sent since.

Because of this incident, or you just haven't yet?

Nangulo

I had one opened by TSA in Los Angeles, but never had anything missing from the many boxes I've had sent.  They've gone to Talisay, Tabuelan and Surigao City.  Delays - yes, especially with the truck ban in Manila.

Suggestion, make a direct complaint to the DTI and let your shipper know you've done that.  

http://www.philstar.com/business/2015/01/18/1414041/dti-blacklists-54-foreign-sea-freight-forwarders

bounder

Went to the DTI website and could not find any listing of the 54 shipping companies which were blacklisted. Even fiddled with their search option without success.

It would be nice if we could see who they were.

Went to the DTI website and could not find any listing of the 54 shipping companies which were blacklisted. Even fiddled with their search option without success.

It would be nice if we could see who they were.

Bounder you might want to do a general search on shipping boxes here it could get you to other online postings but basically shipping spots that have great deals are the ones to watch out for and I'll have to agree with one poster that we don't need to ship so many items here anymore, so many things are available now, just the hard to live without gadgets, steel pots and anything made from steel, knives, silverware, utensils, smaller appliances, bed sheets and towels, comfortable breathable shorts, shirts, underwear and socks but no need to ship food items it's not worth the added cost of the box other than to help fill it up.

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

Bounder you might want to do a general search on shipping boxes here it could get you to other online postings but basically shipping spots that have great deals are the ones to watch out for and I'll have to agree with one poster that we don't need to ship so many items here anymore, so many things are available now, just the hard to live without gadgets, steel pots and anything made from steel, knives, silverware, utensils, smaller appliances, bed sheets and towels, comfortable breathable shorts, shirts, underwear and socks but no need to ship food items it's not worth the added cost of the box other than to help fill it up.

Yeah after a few years here, I just got over the higher prices and considered it the cost of living here, evened out by the costs that are cheaper. When possible I like to buy electronics in Bangkok in some cases I actually got it cheaper than the USA with the VAT refund and good exchange rate.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
AlwaysRt

Majarocon in St Louis. My father sends the boxes to us and he is nearly 80 so I dont ask him to go into the city to find a new shipper. This outfit is near him in West County. Box was insured for $100 but we have never had a problem before. I actually think it was the local courier service that Majarocon uses but Im still upset that Majarocon wont respond to us.

Have you made any progress contacting Majarocon or made a decision about using them for future shipping? My Uncle is also in West County and I was looking for a shipper he could use. 

In addition to Majarocon I found Pearl of the Orient Express http://www.pearloftheorientexpress.com/ and found that StarKargo http://star-kargo.com/ (that Smokey has a good experience with) has an agent in Florissant phone number listed.

TheWhiteKnight

Had great luck with UMAC, expecting a box today or tomorrow in fact. Always an exciting time.

ahoy53

Never had customs open them.Never had a problem over  the years until last year.

We always sent them to Cebu City,last year sent one to Camotes Island and was opened and lots of missing thing.

Cipro

I've had them take so long to be delivered (to a place near Surigao) that the candy was a puddle in the bottom of the box, but not pilfered so far. 

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

Just got another one today via UMAC to Angeles City. Everything perfect, untouched. Really amazing you can ship with no weight limits for so cheap and no customs. Only my first one's were touched from US customs going out of LA.

JamesMusslewhite

I've had them take so long to be delivered (to a place near Surigao) that the candy was a puddle in the bottom of the box, but not pilfered so far. 

I had that happen with a box my parents sent my son here in Surigao City, took over twice as long, all the candy melted and had a customs fee. Problem was it was sent by UPS guarantee express postage. Basically my folks paid an exorbitant postage for sit service and a lot of lies.

Cipro

Just got another one today via UMAC to Angeles City. Everything perfect, untouched. Really amazing you can ship with no weight limits for so cheap and no customs. Only my first one's were touched from US customs going out of LA.

Yes, Luzon (Manila/Angeles/Subic) was always relatively fast and cheap - when you start needing several legs of delivery in the PH, shit starts to break down.