Civil Wedding Raffle Process

• Administrator
Salty Dog

We got married in Dumaguete even though we got the license in Cebu City. Most of our friends lived there. One of our friends, a lawyer, is the Regional Clerk of Courts. She set it up for us. I'm pretty sure she still submitted our name to some lottery as well. It only took a few days for the lottery and it was for the following week. I don't think she pulled any favors to get it done faster. We even tried to tip the judge after the ceremony, but he refused to take anything.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Boss Ross

I am not trying to upset anyone, and I don't know this to be a  fact, however. I know someone that got married here and then left a couple days later. Some document, maybe the marriage certificate, could not be issued because he did not stay in this country for a full 10 days after the wedding. This allegedly resulted in the marriage not being legal.  Might be something worth looking into since you said you are leaving on the 12th of May.

shadow

I am not trying to upset anyone, and I don't know this to be a  fact, however. I know someone that got married here and then left a couple days later. Some document, maybe the marriage certificate, could not be issued because he did not stay in this country for a full 10 days after the wedding. This allegedly resulted in the marriage not being legal.  Might be something worth looking into since you said you are leaving on the 12th of May.

There is a 10 day wait to get the marriage license once the application is filed, but there is no wait after a legal marriage is solemnized. Sounds like he was trying to skip the 10 day wait step. and failed.

• Like 2
baby43

About 10 years ago I got married in Gingoog City we applied to get married only had to wait for 3 days to get approved the day before had to pay p2000 to the secretary of the licencing dept to draw up the contract, I thought that was funny because when we applied to get married told no need to pay any-more money , we had a civil wedding at the girl house they only lived close to town, the judge who married us, was a relative from Cayagan De oro about 4 hours away, I had to pay him P4000 I ad to give money to girl father I noticed him giving judge only p2000, the father was the Barrangy captain, anyway I though things were a bit strange, i found out later this was a scam marriage, even things like getting the marriage cert  from NSO even 6 months later still no cert, started asking questions what going on found out that the contract no presented to the registry office , things like her cenmor as on white paper not security paper, things like only time to have a civil weeding had to be in judge office Monday to Friday, only can have civil wedding in a house if to far away from the court, anyway she was not interested coming to Australia, she even tried say baby was mine after me leaving 5 months later, found from a friend living there she was already married, I soon finished the relationship

Gain only had myself to blame now looking back many red flags only interested in money, now been married to a wonderful FIlipino lady very honest

AussieLex

When I got married in February, we submitted our paperwork to Talisay court on the friday ... the raffle was monday and we went into the clerks office tuesday morning and got told which court and that they only do marriages Thursday, so we went to the court office right then and booked in for that thursday ...went back half an hour before the nominated time checked the license documents and then did the deed... got a copy of the marriage license a week later..... an actual NSO marriage certificate can take months to get depending on where it if filed ...

We paid the clerk of your 300 pesos when we lodged the papers with the court...the judge wouldn't accept anything ...

Don't wait for them to phone you, many times I have waited for calls from different departments that don't come...  ...go and see them face to face and tell them you need to leave the country so can they please help... be humble ...  if they think they are doing you a favour it makes them feel good...

BossHog

300 pesos

I only paid two pesos for our marriage license.

Dang, now I feel old.

AussieLex

I only paid two pesos for our marriage license.

So did I,  but the 300 pesos is the filing fee for the marriage license to be filed with the Local Civil Registrars Office once solemnised.

The Judge wanted nothing for performing the deed ...

• Like 1
Bassix

I am not trying to upset anyone, and I don't know this to be a fact, however. I know someone that got married here and then left a couple days later. Some document, maybe the marriage certificate, could not be issued because he did not stay in this country for a full 10 days after the wedding. This allegedly resulted in the marriage not being legal. Might be something worth looking into since you said you are leaving on the 12th of May.

The actual marriage paper work is sent to NSO in Manila and it takes about two months to get the marriage certificate. The 10 day wait is for the marriage license. It was 11 days in our case because the office was closed on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Bassix

I am saying some thanks to God this morning for getting our May 6th date. I must admit the past 24 hours were pretty unnerving for my fiance and I.

Bassix

So the moral of the story is yes you can get it all done for a civil ceremony in a month but don't book your flight home on a Friday like me just to save some sleep before going back to work on Monday. I hope this post helps anyone looking at doing the same at least in Mandaue City. Thanks everyone for all your great tips :)

Bassix

Just another FYI we tried to get married in the Catholic Church but because I am a divorced Catholic they wouldn't let us because my previous marriage was not annulled by the church. This is why I had to go the Civil route.

shadow

Just another FYI we tried to get married in the Catholic Church but because I am a divorced Catholic they wouldn't let us because my previous marriage was not annulled by the church. This is why I had to go the Civil route.

Getting married in the church would likely have added weeks to the process.

Davaoeno

I am saying some thanks to God this morning for getting our May 6th date. I must admit the past 24 hours were pretty unnerving for my fiance and I.

I always find it more productive to give thanks to the court clerk  [ in the form of  bank notes! ]

• Like 1