Sign in to follow this  
Thorvald

The Question of the Yellowstone caldera

SkyMan

Very recently, there have been 3 volcanic eruptions. One in Alaska, one in Central Negros Occidental, and just now in Japan. The one in Japan was preceded by earthquakes. So the question is whether the other two volcanic eruptions were preceded by earthquakes, because there have been a number of earthquakes in Wyoming where that ancient monster volcano lies dormant, yet is overdue to erupt.....? 

My guess is that volcanologists have already studied and continue to study seismic activity as a means of predicting volcanic activity.  I could be wrong though and your observations could fetch you a Nobel prize.

I don't think much can be done about a volcano as large as Yellowstone though, so I don't think there's much point worrying about it.

Skywalker

at my age I'm not going to worry about something I have no control over. Just what I need, something else to worry about.

I agree.

I'm worried that my condo might succumb to an earthquake, or I might get run over crossing the road, or I might get refused entry to Immigration for wearing flip flops and a sleeveless shirt.

Oh woe is me - we're all doomed.

• Like 1