Sign in to follow this  
Haxton

Alternative for PLDT regards to high speed Internet

Haxton

Hi!

I do not want to bother you with the details, but due to experiencing unbelievable unprofessionalism with the company PLDT, I am looking for a solid alternative which can offer stable and fast Internet?

So whats the company number 2 for this matter in PH?

Regards,

Haxton

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

If you can even get PLDT Fiber, that's most likely your best choice, bend over and take it and say thanks when they are done. You don't want to be stuck using pocket wifi. Where are you located?

Woolf

Hi!

I do not want to bother you with the details, but due to experiencing unbelievable unprofessionalism with the company PLDT, I am looking for a solid alternative which can offer stable and fast Internet?

Regards,

Haxton

What do you mean by fast ?

what speed do you need ?

You are working from philippines and need stable internet ?

Where are you located ?

Have you tried to ask for a profesional connection

In cebu city there is PLDT & GLOBE  

For Cell Phone data, there is SMART & GLOBE

btw your moved to a 3. world country and expect 1. world country internet ?  hmmm

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Journeyer

I do not want to bother you with the details, but due to experiencing unbelievable unprofessionalism

I'd like the details, thanks.

And: 1447665606_50mbps.jpg

Edited by Journeyer

M.C.A.

Hi!

Regards,

Haxton

Haxton unprofessionalism  is rampant here you just might have the best internet available.  There are different ways of contacting the telecom providers and by phone isn't one of them, wish you could give more information on the issues because if I was to recommend a provider it would be PLDT, i've had some agonizing experience with other providers.

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 2

JohnD

The above post is correct. Dealing over the phone with PLDT is useless. They have an office in Cebu and I have found are very helpful there. It might take 2 or 3 visits (that's the Philippines) but problems do get solved.

jtmwatchbiz

I do not want to bother you with the details,

here let me help with mine and see if they jibe with yours.  i don't need super duper fast internet but we do want something for a connection.  the problem we encounter with PLDT is they never ever send bills to our house and we are busy people and can't be expected to read minds and go to their office whenever our bill is due.  they consistently tell us that they send bills and called to remind us yet we never got a call or bill yet and it's been 3 years. when we ask if we can simply pay in advance the girl at their office gives us a look like we are speaking a different language and says no.

• Like 2

Woolf

here let me help with mine and see if they jibe with yours.  i don't need super duper fast internet but we do want something for a connection.  the problem we encounter with PLDT is they never ever send bills to our house and we are busy people and can't be expected to read minds and go to their office whenever our bill is due.  they consistently tell us that they send bills and called to remind us yet we never got a call or bill yet and it's been 3 years. when we ask if we can simply pay in advance the girl at their office gives us a look like we are speaking a different language and says no.

I have GLOBE  and they send the bill via e-mail, I then pay from my BPI online access

Have you asked if you can have the bill on e-mail ?

PLDT main office in Cebu City is here

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.303518&lon=123.895612&z=20&m=b

Edited by Woolf

hookedtothenet

Yes, PLDT are quick to cut you off if you have overlooked your bill even for a few days.

They are supposed to call your mobile or landline to remind you to pay, but your right it doesn't happen.

Globe apparently have a fibre type product also.

IMO both companies have really poor customer service, but it doesn't leave you with many options. Sky cable is one as was mentioned.

From what I read San Miguel Corp may come into the marketplace soon with a cheaper and faster alternative, they originally planned joining with Telstra but now say they will be doing it alone.

• Like 1

M.C.A.

Very good.... I had this problem and the odd looks or the PLDT cashier kept talking me out of it so here's what you do, you can pay extra money in advance, just say you would like to pay extra or so and so amount if they give you some sort of a hassle then make your payments through a bayad center such as a bank or 7-Eleven.  They do keep the extra balance and it does show up on your bill and it is listed in the negative, it works so make those extra payments.

These bills are a day late and a dollar short I pay on the first of the month and then again mid month to budget my bills and pension, I won't withdraw my full monthly pension, the cashier at the PLDT takes my extra payment, if made at the bank it's an additional fee of 8 pesos or similar, I can also make payments at 7-Eleven with no costs, had some issues there with employee's that didn't want to do their job but one day the manager caught them in the act and they were done, never seen them again, that includes their family members working the next two 7-Elevens they were picking on me and possibly others who wanted to make payments.

Edited by M.C.A.

woodchopper

where i live,,they have PLDT WiFi,,its gets awfull regularly for long periods of time!

so this arvo i "chuck a wobbler" and send mama out to reload our own Globe WiFi!

It just took me 3 attempts on my wifi to post on Linc,,so much for extravagance,,WTF?....... :yahoo: ,,,,,,,,,M.F.I.F.

Sven

they consistently tell us that they send bills and called to remind us yet we never got a call or bill yet and it's been 3 years. when we ask if we can simply pay in advance the girl at their office gives us a look like we are speaking a different language and says no.

Overpaying is quite possible with PLDT... although it might be unusual.

Just pay whatever amount you like, and they will keep track of it.

They can also send bill summaries by SMS and/or email.

The thing they are useless with, is phone calls. Occasionally they will call and argue that I haven't paid, although I have.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haxton

What do you mean by fast ?

what speed do you need ?

You are working from philippines and need stable internet ?

Where are you located ?

Have you tried to ask for a profesional connection

In cebu city there is PLDT & GLOBE  

For Cell Phone data, there is SMART & GLOBE

btw your moved to a 3. world country and expect 1. world country internet ?  hmmm

I do need stable inet, but not a too quick one.

And the pldt-Inet I have (2700php/month w 7mbs) is more than enough.

The support was behaving pretty unprofessional to me, but as said, Im not torn to post details...

Just the support and the communication with customers is a total fail in my opinion.

Will try maybe globe sooner or later, thanks.

amd yeah, I have dealt with them per phone, so i know now that it is not the way to go.

Due to the fact that time is for me gold, Im also not too happy that due to their unprofessional phone-support I am forced to drive to their office, which will make me loose a lot of time and hence will create opportunity costs for me..

But ok, if this is still my best option in case problems occur, then i will need to accept it.

No more else to add - thanks for all replies.