Sign in to follow this  
tambok

Buying a Business for a Girl

tambok

I know a girl, a super honest one- known her for 4 years. She is a really hard worker but she only makes some 6-7K a month doing cosmetic therapy at a spa. Has a little daughter; the money is not enough to raise her. 

What business should I buy for her? Something that would make some 15-20K a month. Something generic and reliable and does not need a big capital.

She is in Taguig, Manila.

If you have had success stories, please share.

How much did you need to invest?

How much has it been earning?

Please no advice where millions needed. 

Something basic with not many skills needed. Like a food truck, etc.

shadow

I know a girl, a super honest one- known her for 4 years. She is a really hard worker but she only makes some 6-7K a month doing cosmetic therapy at a spa. Has a little daughter; the money is not enough to raise her. 

What business should I buy for her? Something that would make some 15-20K a month. Something generic and reliable and does not need a big capital.

She is in Taguig, Manila.

If you have had success stories, please share.

How much did you need to invest?

How much has it been earning?

Please no advice where millions needed. 

Something basic with not many skills needed. Like a food truck, etc.

You neglect to tell us if she has any business sense. If little or no experience, no matter what you "buy" for her, it will likely fail. it is not natural instinct for Filipinos to have good business sense and know how to handle money.

You might consider a food cart or a food cart franchise. They can earn the amount you speak of in the right location. There are many food cart franchises that one can buy, they come with the cart, uniforms, training, inventory, equipment, etc. The right franchise in the right place can be profitable, and they bring the full set up to you, and teach you how to run it.

http://foodcartphilippines.com/

• Like 6

woodchopper

get her a chicken cooker if she knows a good spot to put 1?

4 bike wheel types are ok 4 a female to manage,,i reckon 8000p would build a brand new 1?

• Like 3

Journeyer

She is a really hard worker but she only makes some 6-7K a month doing cosmetic therapy at a spa.

Buy the spa.

• Like 2

RedRanger

Maybe send her to a massage school

She can offer hotel service or in home services.

rep1

If she could run a business she would have.

What role could she play in a business? Why not consider much simpler options like stock or real estate investment?

• Like 1

Paul

Why not consider much simpler options like stock or real estate investment?

How long have you been in country?

• Like 6

JohnD

You do not need to buy her a business. If she is in Taguig all she needs to do is start a cleaning business and start advertising in BGC. There are many offices and high end condos looking for this.

• Like 9

Busted Dick

We opened a carenderia in December last year; set up costs were around 100k (pesos) and I have since spent another 25k or so plus paying the rent for the first 3 months (33k), none of which I have yet recovered.  However, the average profit, after accounting for all outgoings, is now working out at about 5k per week.  Obviously the business is still in it's early stages so things could improve or it all might go tits up but so far I am happy that, so far, my other half (Lyn) has a decent income that means she doesn't ask me for support.

If it helps, Lyn has previous catering experience and has also employed an experienced cook.  Lyn's role is largely overseeing the business although she does get 'hands on' from 5am to around 9am and then normally makes sure she is around the place from 4pm to 7pm.  I am working with her to help her understand the accounts, the principles of profit/loss etc (not always easy!).

Whilst my experience in this field is extremely limited, I made an effort to make sure the premises were clean, in good repair and brightly decorated before we opened, and also paid for large, brightly coloured signage, which I believe contributed to our success (backed up by customer comments).

Location is also key; our rent is pretty high for a small unit but it's on a very busy road junction near a market, a couple of schools, a hospital and a few other establishments that attract lots of people so that is a good point to bear in mind.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!

• Like 4

KID

i say calanderia....I started a hot dog cart as a second business on a whim here in the states and it turned into a very profitable little business.........Best day ever was $1,860 profit in a five hour SELLING WINDOW

Again, this was in the states...........BUT...... Most places in the P.I. have more foot traffic and that is really good for sales opportunities 

Edited by KID
  • Like 5

rainymike

I'm of the opinion that if you buy anything for anyone, they won't be as invested in the success of the business as if they bought it for themselves.

It's a mistake to give the money, decide on the business, etc. ... right off the bat, you're doing the thinking, planning, taking the risks ... and she's probably taking selfies.

Perhaps make a secured loan to fund one of her ideas and start off small. 

• Like 9

thebob

Why not consider much simpler options like stock or real estate investment?

Lease a bedspacer and let out the spaces individually. It's one of the few systems I've seen to work here.

• Like 4

agent17

I've done this a few times in the past, inevitably they've all ended up eating their seed corn. 

I agree.  Wait until they really need the money.

contraman

In short, "Don't Do It"   :twocents:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 7