Sign in to follow this  
HTM

How much do police officers earn (PNP)

HTM

Harry, how old is this chart?

2015!

This is the basic salary, they also receive some other economic addition depending on position and length of service.

HTM

I was told by the wife of retired police officer that police officers in Philippines have what they called 15, 30.  I asked her what is that?  It sounds like a score on tennis.  She mentioned that some of the police officers just show up to work on payday the 15th and the 30th of the month.  They just have a proxy (civilian I guess) to take over their place. 

Nonsense!

• Like 1

Headshot

This is the basic salary, they also receive some other economic addition depending on position and length of service.

That is true, but I did some checking (PNP friends). They also receive hazard pay, personnel economic relief allowance, quarters pay (basically a housing allowance), subsistence allowance  and clothing allowance. The listed base pay is only about half of what they actually make after everything is said and done.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

HTM

That is true, but I did some checking (PNP friends). They also receive hazard pay, personnel economic relief allowance, quarters pay (basically a housing allowance), subsistence allowance  and clothing allowance. The listed base pay is only about half of what they actually make after everything is said and done.

They also have some bonus programs.

But they also have a saying "higher rank higher utang" :P

• Like 1

smokey

we have two living here in Vista nice people one is female PNP higher rank

I <3 Cebu

So the highest ranking police generals earn the same as a fast food worker in the US... no wonder the RP is such a mess.

theres a saying I often use "I don't get paid enough to care"

HTM

Philippine National Police Compensation Act of 2016

Philippine National Police Compensation Act of 2016

post-2957-0-98420800-1470184740_thumb.jpg

post-2957-0-31191300-1470184751_thumb.jpg

post-2957-0-59707700-1470184764_thumb.jpg

post-2957-0-03097000-1470184894_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gus

Interesting that in this Bill to increase PNP salaries that Senator Cayetano used the Salaries of Hong Kong and Singapore police as a comparison, and did not use or mention countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc ..

Dont get me wrong, Im all for salary increases here for Police , Firemen, Nurses etc within the capacity of the country to provide them , and I hope somehow it happens. Not just for the presidents stormtroopers, but for all first responders, and emergency service providers .. ( oh, and the teachers )

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

SkyMan

If they make enough where they would value the job more, they'd be less likely to engage in activities where they could lose it.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

If they make enough where they would value the job more, they'd be less likely to engage in activities where they could lose it.

That is the conventional logic but where are the case studies to prove it?  Remember the cops in Miami in 1986 who were corrupt regardless of getting US wages.  You cannot buy honest, IMHO

• Like 2

Salty Dog

I like how they consider comparing an entry level job pay to a person with a family of five. Only in the Philippines would they consider that a young entry level person would already have 3 children.

• Like 2