Sign in to follow this  
HTM

How much do police officers earn (PNP)

JohnD

24,000 per month for a school teacher? Where the British International School? I think that is way more then they make.

shadow

24,000 per month for a school teacher? Where the British International School? I think that is way more then they make.

That is about what a public school teacher makes here in Valencia. 

Headshot

That is about what a public school teacher makes here in Valencia. 

A few years ago, the pay shot up from 14,000 to almost 24,000 for DepEd teachers. Since then, it has crept up just a bit. My wife was a DepEd teacher, so she still has lots of friends still teaching. They keep her informed on the current events in the schools.

The pay for the PNP jumped at about the same time (maybe just a little before the teachers got their raise).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

RedRanger

Got a buddy PNP captain in Davao, About to retire. Has 600 guys who reports to him. He gonna get 3 million pesos over 3 installments.

Not bad pay out.....

rep1

Who is ours? :idontknow:

Oh I forgot I changed my location...

It's Taiwan! But same in China and other asian countries as well.

Got a buddy PNP captain in Davao, About to retire. Has 600 guys who reports to him. He gonna get 3 million pesos over 3 installments.

Not bad pay out.....

head of 600 guys and his retirement fund is less than what a middle-class in US makes a year...

Edited by aqd

lynette

I was told by the wife of retired police officer that police officers in Philippines have what they called 15, 30.  I asked her what is that?  It sounds like a score on tennis.  She mentioned that some of the police officers just show up to work on payday the 15th and the 30th of the month.  They just have a proxy (civilian I guess) to take over their place. 

MikeC

My nephew is a P02. 

I pay my cleaning ladies who work 1 day per week for only 2-3 hours more than he makes. 

I know he needs a new motorcycle. Looks like I may buy him a b-day present this trip.

Salty Dog

My nephew is a P02. 

I pay my cleaning ladies who work 1 day per week for only 2-3 hours more than he makes. 

I know he needs a new motorcycle. Looks like I may buy him a b-day present this trip.

He's making over P500 a day if he works 30 days a month. If he gets at least one day a week off, he's making close to P700 a day.

You must pay your cleaning ladies very well...  :yahoo:

• Like 2

MikeC

2 cleaning ladies $100 for 2 hours. $400 per month or about 18,000 pesos (albeit for 2 of them). 

• Like 1

Salty Dog

2 cleaning ladies $100 for 2 hours. $400 per month or about 18,000 pesos (albeit for 2 of them). 

OK, so you're not in the Philippines...

That makes a big difference. A really, really big difference...  :db:

• Like 3

Headshot

My nephew is a P02. 

If you are going by what it shows on the list, it may be somewhat out of date. I believe they have had substantial increases since that was published.

I'm sure he will be very happy that you buy the things he needs, so he can buy the things he wants. Our friends (PNP and teacher) have no problem affording a townhouse and a motorcycle (and a baby). It's all about prioritization. Of course, if someone else is willing to pay your way, then you don't have to prioritize.

• Like 1

contraman

My neighbors when I had the condo were both police officers with a 10yo daughter.

They never seemed to go without much and had a motorcycle and a 5yo Toyota sedan.

I had previously mentioned on this forum, "How they could afford such a lifestyle".

:idontknow:

• Like 1

Mandingo

My neighbors when I had the condo were both police officers with a 10yo daughter.

They never seemed to go without much and had a motorcycle and a 5yo Toyota sedan.

I had previously mentioned on this forum, "How they could afford such a lifestyle".

:idontknow:

Yeah....I wonder too, lol.

Edited by Mandingo

Soupeod

2nd Lt should not earn as much as a Senior NCO IMO.